11/04/2012 - Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera

Took my navigators out from last February. and got myself all worked up! There are so many things we didn't do because of the kids last time. I didn't even notice until I got them out and read the "adult" section. I'm so excited! We PIF so I booked Palo dinner, though I think I might have booked on Semi Formal night....I don't want to go the first night, or last night- or pirate night or formal night, or Animator's Palate show night, so I guess semi-formal night is my only option. BUT I WANT that souffle, so I am going to have to give up something!

I had my navigators from March out today, too! Was trying to decide which day to book brunch and dinner at Palo. I'm all excited for a more laid-back cruise than last time. More time at the adult pool for sure!

Hello all,

A thought just came to me. I know that FB is a great tool, and maybe easier for some. However, I just came to the disboards looking for information that is not available because people are taking their meet up threads and all of that great information to a FB group. The FB group pages are not "open" and one cannot search for great information and tips easily.

That makes me sad. The providers of this message board provide one location to search answers for lots of questions. Going to FB restricts that ability. In addition, there maybe many who don't wish to "register" with FB. Using these message board/forums is a lot less intrusive to gathering personal data.

If you're looking for instant notification of posts, like FB, there is an app called tapatalk for Android and iPhone that allows you to "keep in touch" with the threads you're subscribed to :)

Just my two cents.

Hello all,

A thought just came to me. I know that FB is a great tool, and maybe easier for some. However, I just came to the disboards looking for information that is not available because people are taking their meet up threads and all of that great information to a FB group. The FB group pages are not "open" and one cannot search for great information and tips easily.

That makes me sad. The providers of this message board provide one location to search answers for lots of questions. Going to FB restricts that ability. In addition, there maybe many who don't wish to "register" with FB. Using these message board/forums is a lot less intrusive to gathering personal data.

If you're looking for instant notification of posts, like FB, there is an app called tapatalk for Android and iPhone that allows you to "keep in touch" with the threads you're subscribed to :)

Just my two cents.

I appreciate the concerns. I actually made the facebook group private to safeguard peoples privacy, not damage it. I can make it open but I assumed people wouldnt like that.

You do not really have to give any personal info on facebook, I know several cruisers that have a separate account with facebook for their cruise meets, that way you can join the discussion without me being able to see your main facebook page with your photos and stuff. Tapatalk also is not a free app, facebook is.

I appreciate that some people dont like facebook, that is fine. I think we can all make sure to post important stuff here too.

I have tried to search meetup threads for information, but usually there is so much chatter it is impossible to find. Either way, I will make sure to keep this thread going too! :coffee:

I appreciate the concerns. I actually made the facebook group private to safeguard peoples privacy, not damage it. I can make it open but I assumed people wouldnt like that.

You do not really have to give any personal info on facebook, I know several cruisers that have a separate account with facebook for their cruise meets, that way you can join the discussion without me being able to see your main facebook page with your photos and stuff. Tapatalk also is not a free app, facebook is.

I appreciate that some people dont like facebook, that is fine. I think we can all make sure to post important stuff here too.

I have tried to search meetup threads for information, but usually there is so much chatter it is impossible to find. Either way, I will make sure to keep this thread going too! :coffee:

Hmm, I don't recall paying for tapatalk for my android phone, iPhone may charge for it though, but I don't know, don't have one of those.

I am participating in our FB group but I have (or at least I hope I have) locked down my security properly so I don't have an issue. It's just that this morning, I went to a few "meet up" threads to maybe gain some information, but they were all taking the discussions to a FB group and there wasn't any useful current information :(

I saw some threads where there were no "conclusions" to a trip report or posting or FE information because the discussion had been taken off the board into a FB group. So it's just sad that this board is used to start a discussion, but it doesn't "finish" here. I was just making a comment/observation, not saying that it can't or shouldn't be done but it would be nice for those that come after us, can see what planning and anticipation occurred leading up to our sail date. After all isn't that what is what brought us to the thread to begin with?

In fact, last year, you, yourself, start a thread about surprising your wife on the cruise you took in April of this year. There is no conclusion to that thread, nor is there one in the meet up thread, because from what I could see, it was all taken to FB.

I was trying to find some current information on FE's etc., and tried a link to a FB Group, but because it's private, and I really don't want to join, I can't read it to glean any information from it. In addition, it's very difficult to search for specific information on FB.

Just making people aware to give them information from which to make decisions :) Therefore, I may reduce my participation in the FB page, as I want people to be able to have information here.

marciemouse said:
I like having both options!

Re FB - the page isn't that locked down. I'm haven't joined but I can see all your names and get to all your home pages. Really easy to tell who is who from your nicknames on these boards vs names on facebook.

Re FB - the page isn't that locked down. I'm haven't joined but I can see all your names and get to all your home pages. Really easy to tell who is who from your nicknames on these boards vs names on facebook.

UM... I hate to disagree BUT I just checked under my DH FB account (not a member of the cruise) and you can't see anyone's homepage that is private, and you can't read any of the posts...you can basically just "see" who is on the cruise, which is the same as you would find on disboards. Actually it's less, since on the DIS you don't have to register to see posts, but you WOULD have to register to see them on the FB page.

hello! i am leading the fish extender group and wanted to invite everyone to join! we have 11 families as of today! Some are just adults as well so come on and join us! im excited! just shoot me an email with your names, genders, ages, cabin number(if known) and any special things you may be celebrationg! jsmncrews at yahoo dot com :) cant wait for the cruise!

I completed my online check in today. Now to make those Palo reservations. Which I'll do tonight after a club meeting! I think I need to check out some navigators. I'll have to hunt down some from this past spring, I hope!

I completed my online check in today. Now to make those Palo reservations. Which I'll do tonight after a club meeting! I think I need to check out some navigators. I'll have to hunt down some from this past spring, I hope!

There are Mexico navigators in this trip report. The family was on the same cruise as us in March. (We're even in one of their trip report photos!) I have my navigators, too, if you have specific questions.

Wow, no gty yet? It looks like there are still tons of rooms, I wonder what the hold up is:confused3

I'm thinking they maybe want to see how many VGT rooms they can sell first. :confused3 I had a dream a few nights ago that we got a major upgrade. Guess I still have to wait and see! A few people just noted on the GTY thread that they got their assignments for October on the Wonder, so I won't be surprised if we have to wait another month at least. Sad but true!

If you are booked for this cruise don't forget to join the fe group! Email me at jsmncrews at yahoo dot com. Sept 15 is the deadline

We got our GTY assignment tonight! We had an 11B GTY and got upgraded to a 10B! I loved being higher up last time, but I am definitely excited about the extra room. It's also not a connecting room, which I didn't want, and the area gets good reviews for being quiet. Yay! I'm hoping everyone else who is waiting gets some pixie dust, too! pixiedust:

We got our 3 VGT assignments, All 6A :cool1:. My DD caught our cruise fever and now we are adding one more VGT and waiting to find out where they will land. :)

Just signed up for this post as my daughter, grand-daughter, and I will be joining all of you for the sailing November 4th. This will be my 7th cruise but the first with Disney. My grand-daughter is quite enamored with Minnie Mouse so we will be the 3 "mouseketeers" covered in Minnie throughout the cruise. Looking forward to participating the FE group exchange and flexing some of my "crafty" muscles.

Only 49 days left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter