• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10th Annual DVC Christmas Tree Exchange

We would like to participate. We will be at AKV-KV 12/1 - 12/9 with our son, who is six. Thank you so much for coordinating this wonderful program!

Beach Club Villas Dec 16-23!
Would love to have a tree!

2 17 year olds and 2 parents who turn 10 each time we hit Orlando :)

Ecstatic that I found this thread! Thank you so much for organizing mrshiny!

Our family will be at BCV 24Nov-01Dec. Two DS 3yr and 5yr. Will email you the remaining information. Thanks again! :)

I would love to celebrate with a tree:
We are staying at VWL from 11/24 (sat) to 11/30 (fri)
no small children, just big ones! ;)

Please let me know if there is availability. Thanks MrShiny!

new family here!

This will be our first year participating in the tree exchange and we're very excited!

We will be staying at OKW from 11/30-12/2 (whirlwind weekend), our kids are 7 and 4.

Thank you!!!

OP, I will PM you!

MrShiny said:
OK, list is updated, so let me know if you do not have the link. NHBaerz, it looks like I still need your detailed information.

As a reminder, I'll keep the list open until October 26, 2012.

After then, I'll figure out who gets and gives which trees. If people have multiple resorts, I will generally give them a tree only at one resort unless the second one fills a gap at another resort.

If dates overlap and there aren't multiple trees at a given resort, I'll try to split the sharing as best I can. I asked for children's ages this year because sometimes I just needd a tie breaker (especially around Christmas itself!)

I do try to keep Christmas Eve and Christmas together, so no one has to take a tree down on Christmas!

So hang tight and let me know of any changes. When I start splitting up the trees, I'll see where it makes sense for additional donors. So if you offereed to donate or are thinkign about it, i'll be contacting you in October.

Jeff

Jeff I have tried to email and pm you but not having any luck. Will try pm again tonight.

Karen

NHBaerz said:
Jeff I have tried to email and pm you but not having any luck. Will try pm again tonight.

Karen

Okay it finally went through! You should have a pm from me tonight with info.

I would love to participate this year, if a tree is available. We will be staying at BCV Dec 22-29. Mt party will consist of ME, DH, and DS(14).

thanks,
Micaela

We would love to participate this year! I think this is the greatest thing ever & I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread!

We will be at BLT Dec 7-16. Myself, DH, DS (6 months) & MIL. My email is meg dot baldwin09 @ gmail.com.

So excited for this!

Mr Shiny I PM'ed you again a couple days ago. Murphy's law at its finest. Two months on a waiting list and my OKW ressie has been changed to Boardwalk (!!!!!!!!!) the day after I requested to join the tree exchange. Isn't it always the way? Hope we can still join in at BWV!

OK, updated all the waitlists! If you moved resorts, check the sheet and make sure I have it right!

We would love to participate this year! I think this is the greatest thing ever & I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread!

We will be at BLT Dec 7-16. Myself, DH, DS (6 months) & MIL. My email is meg dot baldwin09 @ gmail.com.

So excited for this!

What name is the res under?

Could anybody who has been on the donating or receiving end provide some specific ideas of what they have seen for gifts enclosed for the kids? This is our first year participating and we are also donating. I wanted to get some ideas together but wasn't sure where to start. Thanks!

Could anybody who has been on the donating or receiving end provide some specific ideas of what they have seen for gifts enclosed for the kids? This is our first year participating and we are also donating. I wanted to get some ideas together but wasn't sure where to start. Thanks!

We donated last year. Our kids (7 at the time) each received a Disney ornament (Mickey and Minnie). Also, someone made their donation in gold dollar coins, which the kids thought was pretty cool, too. :)

I donated a tree last year but we didn't know if there were any kids who would be using the tree (we were all adults).. Good idea for this year! I don't want to put candy treats in the box, but although its Disney, I don't want food stored in a cardboard box sitting in the luggage area I between uses..UGH..never know what might come calling...wish they still had Disney dollars...that would've been perfect to put under the tree...I will hit the dollar store for something small and compact. I'm off to Disney in October, maybe I'll find something there...sooo much fun... :santa: :santa:

Pirate Granny said:
I donated a tree last year but we didn't know if there were any kids who would be using the tree (we were all adults).. Good idea for this year! I don't want to put candy treats in the box, but although its Disney, I don't want food stored in a cardboard box sitting in the luggage area I between uses..UGH..never know what might come calling...wish they still had Disney dollars...that would've been perfect to put under the tree...I will hit the dollar store for something small and compact. I'm off to Disney in October, maybe I'll find something there...sooo much fun... :santa: :santa:

Yes I agree. I really don't want to put food in it. We have a Disney Christmas DVD that we're going to put in the box so the kids can watch it if they want then pass it along with the tree. Other than that I just need to figure out the gifts. Wish Disney was closer so I could shop but we are in NH so online will have to do!

I'll let you know if I find something good in October while I'm there...how many kids will your tree have? The DVD is a great idea!

Not sure yet as it looks like the resort will need more than one so we'll have to wait and see how it shakes out. Actually it would be great if you do find something if you would be willing to mention it. My in laws are in the villages and could probably make a trip over there for us. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter