10th Anniversary Trip!

Cwilson

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary next summer. We went to Disney for our Honeymoon, so it seems only right to go back at the 10 year mark. This time around, we'll be bringing our 3 kids, plus my mom. My mom hasn't been to Disney in at least 12 years, and instilled the love of Disney in me, so I wanted to bring her. And because I have an amazing hubby, he is totally okay with it! As of right now, we are booked to stay at Art of Animation in a Lion King family suite. The last time we went (summer 2015) we stayed in a Cars suite. Here's my question: is there anywhere else that we could stay that is comparable in price to AoA that would accommodate all 6 of us? My youngest will be 4 at the time of the trip, so I'm unsure how firm the "sleeps 5 adults" is when we have a peanut in tow. Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately Disney is very strict on room capacity. If you "sneak" in the extra person one of the biggest issues would be not being able to have "the odd man out" on any ADR, FP, ECT. They won't show up on your MDE. I believe they need to be under 3 to not be counted for ticket, not 100% sure for the resort stay.

We are planning a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary next summer. We went to Disney for our Honeymoon, so it seems only right to go back at the 10 year mark. This time around, we'll be bringing our 3 kids, plus my mom. My mom hasn't been to Disney in at least 12 years, and instilled the love of Disney in me, so I wanted to bring her. And because I have an amazing hubby, he is totally okay with it! As of right now, we are booked to stay at Art of Animation in a Lion King family suite. The last time we went (summer 2015) we stayed in a Cars suite. Here's my question: is there anywhere else that we could stay that is comparable in price to AoA that would accommodate all 6 of us? My youngest will be 4 at the time of the trip, so I'm unsure how firm the "sleeps 5 adults" is when we have a peanut in tow. Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Why do you think your "peanut in tow" should be excluded from the occupancy requirements?
Disney is serious about the requirements. It is 5 and one UNDER 3. Not a 4 year old

I agree. Disney is very strict on room occupancy, I'd suggest, especially since it's your anniversary, that you keep the Room you have for your mom and kids and get the cheapest studio possible for you and your husband so you have some privacy.

All Walt Disney World Resort hotel rooms have space for a crib for children under the age of 3. This additional guest to the room is not included in the maximum guest capacity.

For example, the standard Value Resort room that has a maximum guest capacity of 4 people actually has room for 5 guests if the 5th guest is a child in a crib.

Play Yards (Pack ‘N Play cribs) are available on a first come first serve basis at all resorts. Alternatively, you can rent them from baby equipment rental companies in the Orlando area.

Below is a list of Disney World Resorts for Large Families (5+ People). Maximum capacity does not include children in cribs as stated above.

Value Resorts
Disney’s Value Resorts are the most budget friendly and no-frills options for guests wanting to stay on Disney property. Read more about the pros and cons of staying on at a Value Resort.

Here are two resorts in the Value category that can accommodate more than 4 guests:

Disney’s All Star Music Family Suites – Up to 6 people

• Master Bedroom: Queen Bed
  • Family Room: 1 Full Size Pullout sofa, Convertible Twin ottoman and Convertible Twin Chair
  • Kitchenette: Microwave, small fridge, coffee maker
  • 2 Separate Bathrooms
Disney’s Art of Animation Family Suites – Up to 6 People

• Master Bedroom: Queen Bed
  • Family Room: 1 Full Size Pullout Sofa, 1 “Inovabed” – a dining table that converts to a double bed
  • Kitchenette: Microwave, small fridge, coffee maker
  • 2 Separate Bathrooms
Art-of-Animation-Resort.jpg

Family suites at these two value resorts are more expensive than booking two standard value rooms and requesting connecting/adjoining rooms however you are guaranteed to be together in one room.

Moderate Resorts
Disney’s Moderate Resorts are the mid-tier option for guests interested in staying on Disney property. They have a few more amenities than Value Resorts and you can read more about the benefits of staying at a Moderate Resort here.

Disney’s Coronado Springs Suites – Up to 6 People

Suites have 4 to 6 person occupancy depending on the type of suite reserved

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside – Up to 5 People

• Rooms in the Alligator Bayou section of the resort can accommodate up to 5 people
  • 2 Queen Beds, 1 Pull Down Twin Bed (not meant for teens or adults)
  • Read our review of the Royal Guest Rooms here

Why do you think your "peanut in tow" should be excluded from the occupancy requirements?
Disney is serious about the requirements. It is 5 and one UNDER 3. Not a 4 year old

Agree, you have 5 plus one under 3.

One word of caution is not to cancel the reservation you have before you have another booked. You'll get all money back as long as your not past the 30 day cancel window.

I absolutely do not think that my youngest should be excluded from the occupancy requirements, nor was I insinuating that. I would never try to manipulate the system. I was just asking. I currently have a reservation for ALL six of us. I was just asking about other rooms/hotels that might work for us. Since we've already stayed at Art of Animation, we're just exploring other options. We liked the resort, are happy to stay there again. We just got to talking and thought maybe we'd look into other options. That's all. :earboy2:

I absolutely do not think that my youngest should be excluded from the occupancy requirements, nor was I insinuating that. I would never try to manipulate the system. I was just asking. I currently have a reservation for ALL six of us. I was just asking about other rooms/hotels that might work for us. Since we've already stayed at Art of Animation, we're just exploring other options. We liked the resort, are happy to stay there again. We just got to talking and thought maybe we'd look into other options. That's all. :earboy2:

I understand you are currently booked for 6 at AoA. But when you were asking about other options for your family your post specifically stated "I'm unsure how firm the " sleeps 5 adults" is when we have a peanut in tow". It seemed to me you were asking if the 5 people applied to your group of 6.
Sorry if I misread your post.

To answer your question the All Star Music Family Suites are cheaper than the suites at Animation and can accommodate six people. If you wanted to stay at a villa it would have to be a 2-bedroom which would obviously cost more.

If you want to roll the dice a little on getting connecting rooms and/or it's not a huge deal if your not connecting...
Go POR preferred. That will guarantee you are at a minimum within a four building section and you can have up to five listed on each room.
Best case you get connecting and have sleeping space for ten, worst case your whole family is in one room and your mom in another, of course you could always allow some of the kids to sleep in her room or better yet have a date night and they all sleep in hers ;)

Cost wise, you can get both rooms for less then the suite at AOA because they offer bigger discounts for mods

For a really nice experience, but it's pricey....WL CL has a deluxe room that can fit 6 people. We did our 10 year anniversary at WL CL and it's still one of our favorite trips. Such a special resort.

We are celebrating our 15th anniversary at the Poly this year (but there's only 5 of us), I hope it's just as great!

Good luck deciding!

The cabins at Ft. Wilderness will sleep 6 ..you have the option of taking watercraft to MK and Contemporary (where you can hop on monorail)...

Look into a 2-bedroom, on rented points it may not be too much more than you are now spending. Plenty of room to be together and separate, plus the laundry and kitchen for breakfasts and snacks. SSR and OKW would be the least expensive.

I understand you are currently booked for 6 at AoA. But when you were asking about other options for your family your post specifically stated "I'm unsure how firm the " sleeps 5 adults" is when we have a peanut in tow". It seemed to me you were asking if the 5 people applied to your group of 6.
Sorry if I misread your post.
No problem! I was just curious about how firm it is.. since two people in our party will be 7 and 4, hardly adults! But I get, and respect if they're firm on the room counts. It's no biggie! I have thought about the possibility of getting 2 rooms at another hotel. However, I know there's no guarantee that they'd be next to each other or connecting. For our budget, I think we're going to end up staying at AoA. It's super cute, and my kids loved the theme of the Cars suite the last time we stayed. We're doing Lion King for something different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter