10th anniversary trip...Questions

Jco10

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have been batting around ideas for our 10th anniversary next August. We are thinking of combining our family disney vacation and anniversary trip by going to Aulani.
We are traveling from NJ.
How much is typical airfare?
How many days would be best?
Any tips that could help us?

We've visited Aulani three times now, with a fourth visit in the works next year. Our stays were 3-nights, 7-nights and 12-nights; in that order. So, from our perspective, the longer the better! At a minimum you'd want to stay a week simply because of the jet-lag and how much there is to see and do, as well as relax, at Aulani and Oahu.

How much would airfare be from NJ isn't easy to answer. However, if you go to www.kayak.com you can set up an alert for your exact dates of travel and cabin preference. Then you can watch the prices easily.

Also suggest you check out the series of 4 videos that Dreams Unlimited Travel did about Aulani. You can find it on YouTube.

Not sure about airfare price from NJ, but I've found airfare to Hawaii generally more expensive than other destinations of similar distance. I'd not be surprised to find them in the $700+ per person range (and I have only done research from the Western part of the US).

I would plan at least a week. There is a lot to do on Oahu besides the resort. You could even split the trip and do part on Oahu and part on another island. If you are traveling with kids, depending on their ages, plan more downtime than touring time. We spent a week at Aulani last year with toddlers and only left the resort for two days - once to the North Shore and once to the Swap Meet (we did leave for dinners frequently though). That was enough for us as the kids needed naps and were happiest playing in the pool or sand vs. touring. If you are alone with your spouse or have older children, then I'm sure you could do more like visit Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, North Shore, hike Diamond Head, etc.

If you are either DVC or can rent points, that is the best value for room prices. If you have kids, the 1-br villa is very nice as it has a kitchen and a washer/dryer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter