• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

101 things you MUST take with you every trip

Our next trip is just DH and I...the kids are staying home! So I want to try to get away with NO bag for the parks. I will bring just my phone, a portable charger, a few tylenol and motrin and a small tube of sunscreen. Dh can carry all the cash and ID's in his wallet.

For the hotel I will bring a power strip for all the charging overnight, peppermint lotion for the feet, bandaids, and some snacks.

Trying to keep this trip simple!!! :banana:

Patience.
Forbearance
A sense of humour
Twice as much cash as I think we'll need.

A sharpie magic marker for the refillable cups. I always label them with our names so we don't mix up whose is whose. There are 5 of us and I think only 3 different colors!

1. Imitation rolex.
  2. Knock-off Armani suit.
  3. Fake “fighter pilot” business cards.
  4. Brad Pitt limited-edition “Oceans Eleven” hair piece.
  5. Photoshop wallet size picture of me onstage at the 1998 Academy Awards standing behind Dame Judi Dench as she accepts her Oscar for best supporting actress in “Shakespeare in Love.”

Whoops......that's the list of must-take items for my high-school reunion

A minimum of 3 feet of duct tape wrapped on a sharpie.

-DH had his Teva sole separate at AK once in the extreme heat all the way up by Kali River Rapids and wouldn't have been able to walk with it if it wasn't repaired.

-Stroller wheel completely fell off on our first day of 6 and the duct taped wheel lasted the rest of the stay!

-Works very good on blisters and hot spots, better,IMO, than moleskin. Make sure you soak in water to peel off.

-Has repaired prescription glasses frame breaks a few times.

-fixed ripped poncho.

-used as name tag with permanent sharpie, didn't bleed or come off in water park.

-fixed leaky souvenir cup.

-fixed broken backpack strap.

-much more! :)

:hippie:
Holly

A minimum of 3 feet of duct tape wrapped on a sharpie.

-DH had his Teva sole separate at AK once in the extreme heat all the way up by Kali River Rapids and wouldn't have been able to walk with it if it wasn't repaired.

-Stroller wheel completely fell off on our first day of 6 and the duct taped wheel lasted the rest of the stay!

-Works very good on blisters and hot spots, better,IMO, than moleskin. Make sure you soak in water to peel off.

-Has repaired prescription glasses frame breaks a few times.

-fixed ripped poncho.

-used as name tag with permanent sharpie, didn't bleed or come off in water park.

-fixed leaky souvenir cup.

-fixed broken backpack strap.

-much more! :)

:hippie:
Holly

Never thought of duct tape, seus-mouse, what a great idea!
:banana:

I'm in the us, and we have it just about everywhere. My favorite is Bath and Body Works (a chain store of you guessed it, bath products) brand, or Burt's Bees but really any drug store will have it. If you can't find it in the UK you could always order it online.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_1_16?k=peppermint+foot+lotion&sprefix=Peppermint+foot+

Definitely going to try this!!! And I love Bath and Body Works!! Wait til DH hears that I have new reason to shop there, he'll be thrilled...:rotfl2:

Love that Starbucks GC tip! Never would have thought of that.

For us it's definitely bandaids, Shout Wipes, Wet Ones, Neosporin or similar. I don't typically use the bandaids or neosporin for myself...but I can't tell you how many people I've handed out bandaids to. From blisters to minor scrapes. One little girl fell in front of us one day and she was hysterical. Gave her mom a bandaid and Neosporin spray and she fixed her right up...and off they went! Much easier than trekking all the way to First Aid.

Anyhow, I am a faithful Bodyglide user. The stuff is amazing. Also, Monistat anti-chafing gel works quite well.

A portable cell phone charger is also something we now use. It has come in handy many times. And of course sunglasses and sunscreen.

I love Disney World and Love helping people plan their trips.

A few tips I would recommend is that, the best shoes in my opinion are crocs. If you are planning to get new crocs for your trip please start wearing them 1-2 weeks prior to your trip so that they will be a bit worn, but not too much.

Secondly, I would keep all my dinner reservations (and fast pass reservation) info in cell phone/ipod or any electronics that you take. This is easier for everyone. For you to easy remember when, and when you get to your restaurant, you can easily help the cast member search for you in case she has trouble.

If you are on dining plan, split meals cuz they give you soo much food. Even the hamburgers are bit big.

Oh another thing I love suggesting. If you want to go to MK but the line for the bus is long, take the bus to Epcot (if its not long) and hop on the monorail to get to MK.

One more thing... At check in, we always ask if there is a close room to the main building at check in. When we do this we usuually get a close room but on the 3rd floor.

I used to bring body glide, but I found Band Aid's Friction Block to be cheaper and you can carry it with you as it's a really small stick

Amazon Friction Block

I also bring some Collapsible cups and some little bottles of liquid drink mix. Great for when you don't want to buy a full drink.

I'll also put some plastic baggies in my pockets, in case I want to go on a water ride, so I can put the phone and wallet in a baggie and keep them in my pockets.

(I like things that can fit into cargo pants pockets. ;) )

I have a Mophie attached to my iPhone because it's a cover that has a spare battery in it. Sunscreen definitely.

I pack a Power Squid and plenty of recharging cables for phones, ipads, etc.

jennie3675 said:
I love in the uk, where can I get peppermint foot lotion??

Try the Body Shop. Lush might be good too. I stick normal body lotion in the fridge and it's lovely on the feet but my saviour has been a pot of minty foot crystals from the Body Shop, put them in a shallow bath and soak my feet.

something i sadly learned recently. immodium or pepto. or both. much cheaper at home, and the last thing you want is to be sick on vacation and immobile. They have them both at the hotel shop, but the immodium is liquid and GROSS! also much cheaper at home.

gum and koolaid singles. breakfast food. good sunglasses. aerosol sunscreen. dollar tree ponchos.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but solarcaine!! I had to buy it at a premium last time and I won't be without it now. Helps with those awful sunburns.

My kids love crystal light so we always have those on hand too. And I always pack tons of snacks so we don't pay too much oop for things. We like to use our snack credits for yummy things like dole whip, frozen lemonade etc.

Lol, I can't list the things DH has fixed with hanger wire and duct tape. He's the MacGyver, Siskaren. :)

Thanks, Patabel, like I said the credit goes to my DH. Though now I'll say our daughters have found duct tape in many cool colors-pink, zebra, camoflage...etc and it isn't until now, years later, that they mention that they were rolling their eyes whenever their dad would slap some tape on and keep going! No time for back to the hotel baloney when we are on a family adventure. :lmao:

Thanks , Jrsy Boy, the flatpacks of tape are a great way to fit some in a pocket or waterproof bag with the bandaids!

YES, Monkistan! A few Immodium can save my day! The kids and DH can drink swamp water and be ok...me...ug...lol...

Great ideas , folks, thanks, I'm happy I can add something here. I ALWAYS, for years have used the very good info here to help make our travels to the Dis a better adventure.

:wizard:
Holly

A minimum of 3 feet of duct tape wrapped on a sharpie. -DH had his Teva sole separate at AK once in the extreme heat all the way up by Kali River Rapids and wouldn't have been able to walk with it if it wasn't repaired. -Stroller wheel completely fell off on our first day of 6 and the duct taped wheel lasted the rest of the stay! -Works very good on blisters and hot spots, better,IMO, than moleskin. Make sure you soak in water to peel off. -Has repaired prescription glasses frame breaks a few times. -fixed ripped poncho. -used as name tag with permanent sharpie, didn't bleed or come off in water park. -fixed leaky souvenir cup. -fixed broken backpack strap. -much more! :) :hippie: Holly
WOW, this is a new one for me. Looks like I will have to add it to my list.

hmmm...clorox wipes, lysol spray, sunscreen, hats, water (ordered), bandaids, & tylenol (adult & kids)

In addition to all the previous suggestions we never travel without a few plug in night lights. Nothing like waking up at 3am to go to the bathroom and walking into something because you are not familiar with the room layout. Now not only do your feet hurt from all the walking you did that day but you either stubbed your toe or smacked your leg (or in my case…both) and have that added agony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter