$100 round trip on Air Tran

bsusanmb

Childhood sweethearts married on the Magic 6/2/13
I just bought round trip tickets on Air Tran for December for $100 round trip from Philadelphia to Orlando!

WOW
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

What a deal!!!!

That is a great rate!! What dates are this good for?

Not to freak you out, but today, an AirTran flying from Orlando heading to Philly had to make an emergency landing at RDU. One of the crew noted an "electrical odor". The local news website has not updated the story, so I don't know if the problem has been resolved or not.

I'm sure your flight will be fine, though :).

Well, then I hope the odds are in my favor - YIKES

I was on a US Airways flight years ago that ran off the runway on landing - scarey stuff.

Rather take my chances flying than driving, though!

I found $49 each way back, but $139 on the way.

I don't want to spend over $875 for four people. We'll stick to driving.

I purchased our tickets for Airtran about a month ago.

We are leaving from Dayton, Oh to Orlando.
December 9 returning the 13th.
$112 per person including tax.

We flew Airtran last year and had very good flights both ways.

Beth

We are travelling 12/11- 12/19. There were lots of dates. Air Tran was running an internet special for travel through Jan, but the special was supposed to end 11/4 - they still had the specials listed today. I am thrilled as I am saving over $150 which I can spend on something FUN!

Thank you...Thank you.....Thank you !!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I was holding out till Monday to book our Airfare.....
Just got our tickets for December 12-16 after reading your post !! Got the flights and times I needed at Web special rates $ 49.00 each way times for people is a big savings !!!! Air fare for us for under $500.00 !!!!! We have yet to pull this off!! NOw we have a few extra to spend on Christmas/or WDW!!

Thanks again :Pinkbounc

I am so glad that someone else could take advantage of it - I couldn't believe it myself! I was prepared to pay $360 for two tickets, lowest I have seen in past months and one day - WOW there it was from Philadelphia to Orlando - $49! This was to be a special for a limited time - but the next day it was still there! I had to let someone know, and I am so glad for you! We can spend our money on something else!

We will be there th 11th to the 19th - going to MVMCP for 3rd year in a row - don't ever want to miss it - the highlight of our trip.

Susan

We flew Air Trans from Phila. to Orlando this past July. I didn't get as good of a deal as you did, but the fare was pretty good. I was a little hesitant to try them out but they were wonderful. No problems at all. Have a great flight and a great trip!

There appears to be a chance that these are first come first serve prices for seats and my DW and I may not get to sit together on the flights if that's the case. Anyone know if this is usually a problem flying out of Philly on AirTran?
Thanks.

Still listed at the $49.00 price monday morning ! If anyone does know how the seating works since it isn't pre-assigned...please let me know.

Thanks!

I have flown many times non rev on US Airways when my daughter worked for them - you get whatever seats aren't assigned by the passengers paying higher prices. There was only one time when we couldn't sit together, and it was over a holiday in the summer and the flight was full.

I have friends who fly Air Tran all the time and they have always gotten to sit together.

It's incredible! For $233, my DW and I will be flying R/T in January. The actual cost of the flight, O/W, was less than $46 before taxes. We are paying $118 going down and $115 coming back (R/T for 2 adults)!
Mike

Have fun! Don't you love it when you find a cheap flight?

BTW, we love Piano Bob - another one of the reasons we prefer POR over any other hotel.

Susan

Originally posted by panfan
Still listed at the $49.00 price monday morning ! If anyone does know how the seating works since it isn't pre-assigned...please let me know.

Thanks!

Go online 24 hours before your flight and use their online checkin. You view the plane and pick the seats that are open. I do this all the time for Airtran and yes I get the discounted tickets. Print your boarding passes and you do not have to check in at the airport. I give my luggage to the skycap and go to the gate. What we do when we are coming back from WDW we need to choose our seats again. We go to the GF business center, go online, choose our seats, and print our boarding passes. It is great. We use Airtran whenever possible. They have always been on time and the staff are great.

Thanks Skiwee1 for the online check-in info! I usually have done this w/ USAir in the past and wasnt' sure if it was offered w/ the discounted tickets from AirTran! We always use the business center at Boardwalk to print out the boarding passed before leaving! It makes me feel better about it knowing we can still check-in ahead of time.....we have little ones!

Thanks again for all the great info!

Great information - thanks a lot, this is a great help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter