$100 dollar credit per person in state room

Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to find the cruise breakdown.

I think you have to go in to the planning centre - then retrieve your reservation - then view details - on the right hand side under the confirmation number is your cruise breakdown details. Will have the passenger names with the price per passenger next to it. Then under it will say Fuel Surcharge and then Port Taxes. If youve booked anything else, like transfers, these too will show on there

I'll save you some time - as has been stated repeatedly on this thread, if you didn't receive the letter, you don't get the credit. The letter was sent in error, and they are only honoring the credit for those who RECEIVED THE LETTER. Believe me, I'd love it if things were different, since I'm one of the unlucky WBTA passengers who did not receive anything, but I think this was made abundantly clear back in December, and again in this thread. No letter = no OBC.

I actually called Disney yesterday and we received the ship board credit and they did not mail us the letter so I have to disagree with your above comment. If you aren't sure, the best thing to do is call disney to find out. According to the disney rep I called and the concierge, disney did not send letters out to everyone although they could not say why.

I actually called Disney yesterday and we received the ship board credit and they did not mail us the letter so I have to disagree with your above comment. If you aren't sure, the best thing to do is call disney to find out. According to the disney rep I called and the concierge, disney did not send letters out to everyone although they could not say why.

Haven't seen a letter here - but I asked our TA to check to see if we got it and here is what we got for a reply...
"I checked with Disney Cruise Line and you are living right! Your reservation was one of the lucky few that have that $100 per person Mediterranean “Thank You” shipboard credit applied. This credit was not offered to all passengers on the 14-night Transatlantic sailing." Im not sure what we did right... We originally booked a 4 day Wonder cruise in this same time frame (Sept 18th) while on the Magic (Sept 09), but in October or very early November we moved to a cat 6 on the WBTA, and then a couple of weeks later moved to a cat 4.

I'm hoping alot of people will be pleasantly surprised at check-in. It's only fair they make a set of rules for you to qualify and then EVERYONE who qualifies gets it!

Mine doesn't show anything either, It has -
Government Taxes & fees.
But no breakdown?:confused3

That means you have no fuel surcharge. FSC shows as a seperate thing to Taxes and Fees. Im assuming you haven't purchased anything else like hotel etc as this would also show on here. If you have then Im confused too as this was where my breakdown shows???

If you book through a TA does the TA notify you or does Disney? I am hoping this is something they will continue to do as we are not sailing until December but booked 11 months in advance.

No $100pp OBC letter. Still have the FSC. I wish I didn't know about this latest mistake.

Me too. :sad2:

May just be that the UK letters were delayed and arrived today

Okay - let me try to understand, it will take 14 days (with port stops) to cross the Atlantic and the letters took TWO MONTHS??!! Too funny!!! :laughing:

I know, there are multiple flights between the USA and the UK every day, but mail between the two countries falls into the "twilight zone" for an unspecified amount of time before being sent on. :rotfl2:

It does seem really strange that some people are getting it and some are not, despite booking at around the same times. I think it needs to be across the board for ALL early bookers, otherwise some cruisers will not be happy and I don't blame them. Hopefully DCL will sort this out and give the OBC to ALL early bookers who booked before the cut off date.

We are in the same boat, no letter and still have fuel charge on our account. We booked the day bookings opened up. Maybe we will have a wonderful surprise when we get on board. If we don't I will definitely be at guest services to find out why. There should be equality for all who sail,

I agree totally - all cruisers should be treated the same - otherwise there could be a lot of disgruntled peeps on the ship. :guilty:

As you may have guessed, I am one of the WBTA cruisers that has not received the magical extra OBC letter. :sad1: I'll give it a couple more days and if there's still nothing in the mail for us, I'll be calling DCL.

That means you have no fuel surcharge. FSC shows as a seperate thing to Taxes and Fees. Im assuming you haven't purchased anything else like hotel etc as this would also show on here. If you have then Im confused too as this was where my breakdown shows???

No, i haven't purchased anything else, just the cruise, so that explains that.

Also........got my letter today! Already had an e-mail confirming i had the OBC, but now i have the letter to confirm, yay!:yay:

According to DCL, if you used DVC points, like we did, you will not be getting any OBC!!! It is only for cash ressies. Sucks to be us :(

We booked our 9/8/10 Med cruise in October 2008 onboard the Magic. For the life of me I can not understand why we have not received a credit. Kind of is upsetting that this seems so random.

We booked our 9/8/10 Med cruise in October 2008 onboard the Magic. For the life of me I can not understand why we have not received a credit. Kind of is upsetting that this seems so random.

That was the same situation with us. We booked in Nov 2008 while on the west caribbean itinerary. We switched to our TA in Dec 2008. We were never notified of the OBC but it was there when we inquired. If you are on the standard med cruise and not the transatlantic then you should have it. I would call disney yourself to check and make sure you inform the person on the phone that you heard the chatter on DIS boards. For some reason, as soon as I mentioned this to the rep on the phone, the mysteriously found the credit. I don't believe theres a plot but it doesn't hurt.

We ordered our WBTA (sep. 2010) dec. 2. 2009, and just received our $100 dollar letters 2 and 3 (?) days ago (2 cat. 11 GTY) :cool1::yay::banana:

We are booked on the Magic June 12 Baltics. Rec. $100 OBC for all 4 of us. Thanks Disney!!!!!!!
Heidi

I haven't read all 7 pages of this post, but I wonder if this OBC is to help compensate for the new ruling that you can't get the lower price if the price goes down for your cruise? Just wondering.

Haven't heard this new rule? When did this come in?

I think this was to try and keep bookings, especially when a lot of these still had Fuel Surcharge on them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter