100 Disney items to collect

2 lil' ladybugs

Earning My Ears
My daughter is in Kindergarten. She will be missing her 100th Day of School party while we are in Disney World. She has actually taken this much better than I have. In any case, I thought it would be fun to collect 100 of some item while were down there.

She suggested pins; that would break my back carrying them all and also my bank. I thought of napkins from different places we go. However I am not sure if they are all the same or if they are different for each place.

Does anyone have any ides for this? They would need to be small and preferably free (or very inexpensive).

Thank you!

Sorry she has to miss her 100th day. All the napkins are the same from the restaurants. Some cast members will give out Mickey stickers to kids all around parks & stores & resorts. There are 2 different ones, Mickey standing and Mickey's head. And when a Cast Member gives you stickers....sometimes they REALLY give you stickers! I don't see why you couldn't tell them what you're trying to do & maybe collect up a whole bunch during your trip! We've come home with 20 or so & weren't even trying :thumbsup2

I would agree with the Mickey stickers -- you could ask at your resort desk and they would probably help you with that.

The resort pens are another possiblilty.

How about the Mickey head confetti -- ask at Guest Services and they might be able to help you with that --otherwise you can get that off the ground at a number of places if that doesn't freak you out :)

Liz

photos with 100 CM and characters? You'd be taking her picture lots anyway so wouldn't be too hard.

Or pick an item to photograph in each place to make 100? (like a toy mickey?)

We brought back Mickey cookies, looked like Oreo cookies but vanilla. We didnt do this for 100 day just a treat for the kids but they werent that expensive a box. We got them at the gift store in Future World on the Lagoon near the boat ramp.

Could you get a 100 autographs? Hmm maybe not.

I like the three already mentioned... free would be best so stickers or autographs...but the penny collection could be cool too and they are only 51 cents each.

Another sticker resource is the DVC kiosks that are EVERYWHERE. I swear they had one every 100yds in the parks and a few at every resort.

Squished pennies would be fun, but a little pricey.

What about napkins/brochures/cards from different restaurants?

Autographs would be awesome!

Or even 100 pictures of DD at Disney?

There is also a different Mickey sticker from the boats and monorail. The security people also have a different Mickey sticker. Someone also mentioned the DVC stickers; they have a variety of characters on their stickers.

Doing 100 pressed pennies would be very possible, but that would cost you $51.00 for the pennies and the cost to press it. But it is a great souvenir.

I was going to suggest 100 autographs--probably need to use CMs. Pictures was another idea. You could go specifically for people from other countries (Epcot and AK would be the easiest to do this).

What about 100 different activities/ride pictures? Or in a different 100 hats?

I like stickers because you can always pick up a few packs to round out your collection. I think if you explain it to a few cm's they might get you pretty far along. Wouldn't the pressed penny's cost $51? I would make up a fun little sticker book out of paper to hold the stickers, 10 per page. Then you don't have to carry around a poster and she can keep count pretty easily. Plus, if you do stickers, and one gets lost or you don't have time to collect enough, you can pick them up at the store when you get home. You might even have her start with some dollar tree stickers on the plane/in the car on the way there.

What about autographs of the cast members from different states/countries? I mean I know everybody wants princesses and characters for autographs but there are (I am assuming) cast members from all over the US and the world working there and plus it would be free since you need a 100............:confused3 You could carry index cards or a separate autograph book, etc. and have them sign their name and hometown/state or county on it...........jazz it up with a sticker or two...............I don't know those are just my thoughts -- neat idea though and good for your daughter too!

I stayed in ASMovies last time, and I'm pretty sure that they had beads and charms that you could use to make necklaces or bracelets in the gift shop.

I'm thinking your DD could have fun making a 100 bead necklace. It might be kind of long, but as I remember from my DS's 100 Day Party, that was the point, to show them how much 100 is.

And I doubt the beads would be that expensive (unless you picked out a bunch of specialty ones). But I'm really not sure about the price, because I only have sons, no DD's.

What about autographs of the cast members from different states/countries? I mean I know everybody wants princesses and characters for autographs but there are (I am assuming) cast members from all over the US and the world working there and plus it would be free since you need a 100............:confused3 You could carry index cards or a separate autograph book, etc. and have them sign their name and hometown/state or county on it...........jazz it up with a sticker or two...............I don't know those are just my thoughts -- neat idea though and good for your daughter too!

This is an awesome idea. Our DS, almost 3 years old at the time, asked our waitress at Norway for her autograph. All those princesses and he asked our waitress. I think she was a little shocked but seemed to get a kick out of it. Of course, my DS got "extra special attention" during the whole meal.

How about the Mickey head confetti -- ask at Guest Services and they might be able to help you with that --otherwise you can get that off the ground at a number of places if that doesn't freak you out :)

Liz

Confetti sound cool! I am not sure where I would get confetti. Is this something we would get after a parade goes by or something? I was at Disney 8 years ago before kids. I was not in the "kid frame of mind" so I do not remember that kind of thing.

Thanks!

I believe you can get the Mickey head confetti at the BBB or the barber shop. Also, they put it on our table for my BIL's b'day.

As far as the stickers go, you can ask any CM. We were in Disney 3 weeks before my son finished preschool for the year. While I was checking out on day at World of Disney, I asked the CM if I could get a couple of stickers for my son to take back to each of the kids in his room. (I was only planning on getting a couple from this particular register.) She asked me how many kids were in his room and I said 16 and she proceeded to roll off a ton of stickers for him. I think she gave me enough for each child to have 2 or 3.

If you do go the pressed penny route, you can buy a book in Disney that holds them. We got ours at the Contemporary Resort.

How long will you be there?? You could try to get 100 bars of the Mickey Soap. I love that soap!!! You could also do the pressed pennies, but if you were not planning on doing those it would get expensive. Stickers would probably be the easiest and the cheapest. Then she could pass them out at school!!

Stickers are a cute idea.
I'd say take 100 pics of your DD and then put them in a little album or scrapbook for her. Make sure that you number the pictures! (You may even want to take it to the next level and take pictures with 100 of something specific. Like, 100 Mickey's or princesses. It wouldn't have to be all characters, Mickey's are everywhere and Think of all of the princess merch! lol)

There are some great ideas out there. I love the 100 pictures idea too - as long as you have a digital camera. You could print them when you get home (small so it's more feasible) and she could help create a scrapbook or collage to bring in and show her class.
Good luck!
~Christy

How many days will you be there? Maybe do 100 hours of Disney & take a picture of her over time doing different things or on different rides or with different characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter