10 yr old ordering off the kids menu

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
Can this be done? We have a ressie for Cafe Orleans at DL. And, the regular menu doesn't look too appealing to him. The kid's menu has grilled chicken and pasta, right up his alley. So, do they make a big deal about it if a 10 year old wants to order off the kids menu?

You should probably post this over on the DL side of disboards, this particular section is for WDW only.

Now all that said, I have been to DL many times and ate at Cafe Orleans last year with my 11 yo dd. She did order off the kids menu. It was no problem but the portion was very small. I want to say she got some sort of chicken and it was a chicken leg and a tiny side. Luckily, my Monte Cristo was HUGE and she shared a bit of that with me.

At DL and WDW, if its not a buffet, its generally not a problem to order a kid older than 9 a kids meal. I've done it all over both parks and in the resorts.

We really enjoyed Cafe Orleans btw. Hope you do too!

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and posted in the other section. Someone responded that her friend (an adult) had to pay $15 to order off the kids menu. :scared1: I'll just have to check with the hostess before we're seated. I'm not paying that kind of money for buttered noodles. We've never done TS at DL only CS. So, I'm really looking forward to Cafe Orleans.

On the DDP - We've had our Teens order off the Kids menu plenty of times...with no probs....however ...we were charged a regular meal off the kids (who are counted as adults) DDP package....

One time at CRT in MK....DD1 ordered off the kids menu...no prob....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter