10 Year old in the Edge

lsmith311

Earning My Ears
We have an upcoming sailing on the Fantasy in August. My daughter will be 11 two weeks after our sail date. What are the odds she will be allowed into the Edge? On our last cruise, last fall, she had ZERO interest in the oceaneers club/lab.

Chances are high that she will be allowed but it will all depend on the counselors and if there is space.

Oh-good chance! They asked if I wanted my 10 DS in there, which I said no-felt he was too young. Next time we will sign him up for it. He didn't care for the lab.

dS had just turned 10 two weeks prior to our cruise and was allowed into EDGe with his brother. I had to sign the waiver for self checking out privileges.

My DD had just turned 10 the first time she went. We didn't even think to ask about it as she was too young, but one of the youth counselors suggested to us during open house that she'd enjoy it there. When we went up to check it out, her name was already on the list. And she had a great time.

It all depends on the number of kids on the cruise with you in that age group. Sometimes the limits are reached and they do not allow any kids outside of the posted age ranges to move up. Prepare them for not being able to do so, that way if it is allowed on your cruise it is a treat and they won't be disappointed if it's not allowed.

We just got off the Magic. There were many 10 year olds in the Edge. My kids have never had a problem getting into the Edge at age 10.

she will not have any problems going our daughter turned 10 last June and we went to Alaska in Aug, she tried 1 day at the club and was so bored, they had no problem letting her transfer

Interesting my DS is 10 and I had assumed he would not be able to go to the Edge. What if he wanted to go to both, the Lab and the Edge? Do you have to choose one or the other or could you alternate, depending on the activities?

Interesting my DS is 10 and I had assumed he would not be able to go to the Edge. What if he wanted to go to both, the Lab and the Edge? Do you have to choose one or the other or could you alternate, depending on the activities?

Nope :) he can alternate both as he chooses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter