10 year old "adult"

tlenzendorf

Always Dreaming of Disney!
Will they let her eat off the kids menu if there isn't anything she would eat off of the regular menu? There are only a couple places I'm thinking this might be an issue. Also wondering if she shared a TS meal with one of her DSs could we use the kids TS later for a kids CS instead? TIA!

Will they let her eat off the kids menu if there isn't anything she would eat off of the regular menu? There are only a couple places I'm thinking this might be an issue. Also wondering if she shared a TS meal with one of her DSs could we use the kids TS later for a kids CS instead? TIA!

There usually is not a problem ordering off the kids menu and yes 1 TS credit can be exchanged for a CS credit.

I have even heard that they can order an adult portion of a kid's meal at a TS.

If DD is ordering from the kids menu, I always tell them that I want to pay OOP for DD meal and use the DDP for DH, DS, and mine. We then have another adult TS credit to use later. (Since I have booked two more TS than I have credits for, I won't have a problem using them)

I have even heard that they can order an adult portion of a kid's meal at a TS.

Yes. We have done this with the DDP and when paying out of pocket. I just ask the server if DD can have an adult portion/price for the item.

If you are using one of the dining plans...Disney will clearly come out financially ahead when you do this, so I do not think you would encounter an issue.

It shouldn't be a problem! They let those with the adult DDP order off the kids menu. They just don't let those with the kids' DDP order off the adult menu. Since the kids meals tend to be smaller, they end up coming out ahead financially this way.
Depending on the meals you've scheduled, you may actually want to pay out of pocket for her, and save the TS credit for when she'll be eating off the (more expensive) adult menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter