10 or 11 night Fantasy June 2017..$?

I just wish a Quantum class ship would do a Southern Caribbean! But the Oasis class is wonderful too!
That would be amazing. I'm planning on also booking Anthem of the Seas in October for a 9 night Canada/New England cruise. I'm looking forward to seeing the Quantum class ships.

My wife booked connecting cabins the 11 day for us this morning.
4B - 2A/1C - 11.670.84 after taxes WITH OBB. No prepaid gratuities or insurance.
4B - 2A - 9305.16 after taxes WITH OBB. No prepaid gratuities or insurance.

Interestingly, I just calculated that this cost the exact same amount ($411.30) per day for the adult rates as our 7 day Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy last summer (July 2015), which was also booked with an OBB. That makes me feel a bit better about this cost.

I could not bring myself to book with these prices. I am disappointed because I'm sure they will be amazing sailings. I can go on two cruises for the cost of this one on Royal Caribbean - which I greatly enjoy. I booked on the Harmony of the Seas in June 2017.

Is Harmony of the Seas sailing Southern Caribbean? I looked yesterday and only saw Adventure of the Seas for June 2017.

Is Harmony of the Seas sailing Southern Caribbean? I looked yesterday and only saw Adventure of the Seas for June 2017.

No Harmony of the Seas Eastern route is Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts. So at least we will get to visit one new island for that sailing.

I'm looking at the Anthem of the Seas right now- $5108 total price...9 nights. Sea Class-Spa Junior Balcony Suite. My only hesitation is that I do not want to go out of NJ. And Europe is really my preferred destination for 2017. We'll see. It looks like an amazing ship.

Hi,
my quote:
2/A-3/C Cat 4A
no insurance or tranfers, WITH 10% OBB discount:

10 night southern june 28- $15,616.50

Just booked a little while ago:
June 17th 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy
4D - 2A & 3C (11,9,6) per person fare:$4,425,$4,425,$2,148,$2,148,$2,148 plus taxes of $642
Total fare $15,936 after 10% off from OBB, no ins.

Hope we're able to keep this booking. Itinerary looks amazing.

I am not surprised at all. My TA says the 11 night is selling super fast. I am scared at what the price will be when tomorrow comes.

I wonder how many who are putting down a deposit or putting it on hold will actually cruise. I could see a lot of people backing out once the initial excitement wears off.

I'm looking at the Anthem of the Seas right now- $5108 total price...9 nights. Sea Class-Spa Junior Balcony Suite. My only hesitation is that I do not want to go out of NJ. And Europe is really my preferred destination for 2017. We'll see. It looks like an amazing ship.

We were originally booked in the anthem for this October but canceled it in order to be able to go to Europe this fall.

We sadly decided to not book the 11 night. It is really a dream itinerary but it is just too much money for a caribbean cruise. Celebrity has a 14 night that I could do for $6K but that is too long. I think we are going to book a 5 night double dip instead.

I wonder how many who are putting down a deposit or putting it on hold will actually cruise. I could see a lot of people backing out once the initial excitement wears off.
I am wondering the exact same thing. I have not been on DCL yet, we have an upcoming one end of November, but I just can't imagine that they are worth the prices I'm seeing today. Not for a Caribbean itinerary that newer ships do as well. And the Norwegian Fjord/Iceland- which is what I've been waiting on for a few months- I can not in the slightest bit see the value at that price point.

We sadly decided to not book the 11 night. It is really a dream itinerary but it is just too much money for a caribbean cruise. Celebrity has a 14 night that I could do for $6K but that is too long. I think we are going to book a 5 night double dip instead.

That is EXACTLY what I did. I booked the 5 night Double dip June 30. My husband would never agree to 10 nights on the ship. It is too long for him. The agent on the phone told me the 5 night DD's are selling fast.

We are doing the 12-night Norwegian cruise this summer. It is cheaper, even with expensive airfare, than the 11-night Southern. We have a room on hold, we will see if I can make it work. I do have a placeholder, but it has to be used by May 27, 2017. :-(

I know this is an old thread but for future reference, DCL is now offering FLR, TA and CM rates on both of these cruises now. PIF date isn't until Feb. 28th.

I know this is an old thread but for future reference, DCL is now offering FLR, TA and CM rates on both of these cruises now. PIF date isn't until Feb. 28th.

Thanks. That is very interesting that they are offering TA and CM rates this far out. It seems they really don't want it to go *GT.

Thanks. That is very interesting that they are offering TA and CM rates this far out. It seems they really don't want it to go *GT.

Why would they hate to see their normal customers actually get something approaching a deal via a GT after PIF? They're obviously not going to repeat this itinerary this way if it didn't sell well full price, so why bother holding out? They'd rather virtually give the cruise away to CMs & TAs than lower the price point a bit via a GT? Yuck.

I hope they've received a clear message in terms of what they can't charge & fill their ships with full price customers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter