• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10% off Disney Gift Cards

Went tonight and bought $50 in groceries and a $400 Disney gift card since I already bought $100 worth on my account. I was able to use my 2 $5 rewards and a $5 off $50 coupon plus I got another $5 off $50 coupon for a future trip. My 8 $5 rewards are in my account now and these expire 9/7/19.

I have been buying these since I booked our trip in April. I bought enough to pay for the Dining Plan (AP holders) and to have extra gift cards for Disney and a couple of OOP Table Service that we are doing. The largest I bought was $300 at a time. I am already starting to purchase for my next trip in March. :)

I bought my $500 Disney gc this weekend. I could not use the $50 rewards to buy more gift cards, but just took it off my grocery bill. Same thing, really.

I buy a $500 GC, get the $50 rewards and then on my next grocery trip I buy my regular groceries and a $50 Disney GC ALL in ONE transaction. My weekly grocery bill is always over $50 so the "reward" is taken off that. I use my Disney Visa to pay ALWAYS so I'm really getting a 11% discount- WIN /WIN. So far I have 6 of those "extra $50 GC's !
I Love MEIJER

With MPerks you get 2% all your grocery purchases daily right?
I just went into Meijer and did some shopping for one of the first times and the cashier was telling us about the program. I'l definitely sign up for these gift card perks though!

We don't have Meijers or Krogers here.. Well we have a Gerbes, which is a krogers brand, but the nearest gas station to use the rewards at is 40 miles away

If you talk too much about a special deal, people will start abusing it and it will disappear. Look at what happened to the target deals we use to get when buying Disney gift cards. Make your "one" comment and move on.

I just went into Meijer and did some shopping for one of the first times and the cashier was telling us about the program. I'l definitely sign up for these gift card perks though!

Never heard that, nor does it happen at my Meijer.

Maybe she was talking about the rewards program? They will generally have a reward going for "Total Basket" where if you spend $200 you get a $4 reward to use on your next shopping trip. It accumulates the $200 over the course of about 4 weeks. If you don't spend the full amount by the end of the reward period, then it starts over and you lose the progress you made. So I guess that works out to 2%?

Maybe she was talking about the rewards program? They will generally have a reward going for "Total Basket" where if you spend $200 you get a $4 reward to use on your next shopping trip. It accumulates the $200 over the course of about 4 weeks. If you don't spend the full amount by the end of the reward period, then it starts over and you lose the progress you made. So I guess that works out to 2%?
I really don't know, the cashier at the check out was just telling us about it. We don't usually shop at a Meijer but the sales they had a couple weeks ago made it worth the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter