• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 months to go and 60 pounds to loose.Update 1/2/11 Page 38

Fun, Fun, Fun...AUTOGRAPHS!! AND MEETING THE CHARACTERS
that is Ashton's favorite part of going to Disney!!! :mickeyjum

he met Ronald McDonald today, I will have to post his pic with his great big smile!!!

love the photobooks you did this year...I think that would make a great surprise for the ride over! might get lost in the other parts of Christmas or they may be ready to leave RIGHT THAN!

Good Luck! on your battle-- I know it is so hard but you are doing great with your running!!!
:wave2: Connie

Hey Connie!!
Well the Autographs was one part and Meeting the Characters I think you will be seeing again on this list! ;)

I think you are right about the autograph books! I am going to keep them for the airplane bags. :goodvibes

And thank you so much for your support with my struggle!!!! :hug:

Helping the kids collect autographs must be a hoot. Autographed foto mats are a great idea, too!! AND personalized autograph books-in black, so cute? You are the best Mom! :lovestruc

Just wanted to say a sincere good luck with the weight loss!! You seem to be doing great with the running, and once you see the lbs come off again you'll be re-motivated! :goodvibes
It isn't easy, I know first hand, I'm down 41 lbs. in 7 months. One day I woke up and said to myself..you know why all your skinny friends are skinny? :eek: THEY DON'T EAT EVERYTHING ON THEIR PLATES! :eek: Well, that is how portion control became my obsession. Which is my biggest advice on top of all the great things you are doing. :thumbsup2

Take Care
Sofia

Thanks for your support!:hug: 41 pounds!:worship: That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I like your thinking on portion control - I know that is a huge problem. I either deprive myself or I induldge! There is no middle and I know that would be KEY to figure out!! I am going to work on that. Thanks so much for the idea !!!!!!

Great updates. I wish you lots of luck on the Food bank job. You are doing awesome on the C25K!! Now if you get back to eating healthy the weight will fly off! Have you tried Spark People? It is a free online service that you can track your food, exercise etc. www.sparkpeople.com Get yourself into the habit before the holidays-YOU CAN DO IT!!

Thanks Mary!! I checked out that website and it is alot like the Myfitnesspal that I am using.... or should be using! lol

Thanks on your good wishes on the Food Bank Job!!!! I can't tell you how much I want that job!! I am going to be CRUSHED if I don't get it. It has however opened my eyes to searching for Non-Profits though.... I guess if I don't get that one there are other non profits out there!!:goodvibes

Did you start a new pre trip report?!

Hi!!! I can't believe I am already on Number 14! This list is keeping me up with my Pre Trip Report!!

Before I get into Number 14 though- I wanted to share with you all a little project I am working on for the trip! I submitted a request to the very creative people here on the DIS to make me some invitations for the trip. I am having one made for each of our dinners and our two character breakfasts. I will make sure to share them all with you once I get them!! My plan is to slip them under the doors each night..... I have to say, (Warning- RANT on it's way!) that is the one thing I am worried about with this Grand Gathering!! People just don't "get it" that you can't change a reservation. For instance, I hear that a couple of Wayne's brothers were talking about golfing on Sunday... and I was like "wait a minute!!!! We have a 8:05 ADR at the CP!!" They were like, "oh, you guys can just go and we will meet you after!" They dont get that I made the reservation 180 days in advance for a reason and I cant change it! UGH! I scheduled our dinners and the breakfast for everyone and other than that I don't care what people do.... but if we loose our ADR's because people don't show up or something I know I am going to be very upset and wished we just went ALONE! :goodvibes Ok, rant over!

Number 14 on the Kids Top 25 to DISNEY!!!!!!

PARADES!!!!!!!!!

Parades are always something we see if we happen to be in the park at that time..... we never schedule our time around them!

Disney20081287MediumWebview.jpg

DHS:
However, this year at DHS they will have just started their new parade (Pixar Play Parade??) For the first time, I am scheduling our day around the parade! I also want to catch the new show that is replacing High School Musical. My boys LOVE Camp Rock!! So I am sure we will love this new show. (Disney Channel Rocks!?)

We love this guy!
DSCN1863.jpg

DSCN1836.jpg

Animal Kingdom:

P6020092.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

I am not sure if we are going to see Jammin Jungle Parade this year- I don't think the timing is going to work out but that is our next favorite parade!! The kids love Brer Rabbit and they love how the characters all come by and give you a high five and waves and hugs! It's such a great parade! The floats are amazing too! In May 2009 - Myles was selected to tell the crowd some jokes before the parade and he got a certificate.... he was so excited!!

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

Ugh... after looking at the pics and remembering the parade- maybe I will have to fit it in somehow!!

Magic Kingdom:

IMG_3800-1.jpg

IMG_3796-1.jpg

Dream Come True Parade is my least favorite....and the kids least favorite too. They get so excited when they see it and love the music and the characters but out of all the parades, they rank this one at the bottom. Last year when we saw it with the Muppet's starting the parade for the Volunteer Campaign, it moved up in the ranks..... because we LOVE the Muppets!! But, I don't know if they will be in it this year!? Maybe they will have photopass people start the parade and they will take pictures of people waiting for the parade to start - OK don't even get me started on the "Making Memories" Campaign! :goodvibes

This was a highlight for Myles!! He got to give a high five to Woody!!!!
IMG_3815-1.jpg

IMG_3814-1.jpg

electric004.jpg

One parade that we have never seen is The Electric Light Parade! On our last night in Disney this year, I am planning a special night for my family! We are spending the morning at the MK, and then heading back to the hotel to relax and get dressed up a bit. We will take a taxi over to the GF and have a photo session (here is hoping I loose another 20 pounds so I will actually have my picture taken this year) and after the pictures, we will eat at 1900 Park Fare!! My boys LOVE Cinderella!! We had a GREAT experience meeting the Step Mother and the stepsisters on our last day at the Mk last year and we all can't wait to see them again!! After dinner, we will hop on the monorail and head to the MK. We will be getting there right around the time for Electric Light Parade and then Wishes!!! What a great way to end our stay at Disney huh!!?? :wizard:

MainStreetElectricalParade03.jpg

The boys are very excited to experience the new parades this year.... and so am I!

Hello! Nickie
love love the parade's !!! wish I would have caught the one at AK but we will...

as for the rant...let them go! don't stress yourself about it, make the plans and let them be...you don't have to change your ressie's just if they don't show for breakfast they don't show don't wait for them check in and whoever shows go have a blast! with the crew you have!!

We're like you, we never schedule the parades, if we happen to be around when one is going on we'll stop for a few and watch. We have watched Spectro in it's entirety and will probably see MSEP in December. Oh, and the parade during MVMCP, we'll definitely want to see that one because Santa is in it!:santa:

I'm with Connie, keep all of your ADRs the same and if some people decide to skip them, then you still go. You can only plan so much for a group, as you know 1st hand! There will always be someone who wants to do something else! :headache: Just make sure that you, Wayne and the boys have the best vacation you can!!:thumbsup2

Nickie-your rant is not out of order at all!! I totally can sympathize:rolleyes1

Love the parade pics!!

Hi there,

Well we've been back for a week now, and after 16 days of glorious Disney, I'm feeling a little blue to be back. The evening we got back and the next day were like summer here, so we didn't have too much of a shock, but that was just a tease... the next day the temperature dropped and that really sucks. I have to be honest, I didn't keep track enough to do a trip report, but the one thing I do remember is that some of the restaurants and snacks I was looking forward to trying just didn't do it for me. My biggest disappointment... and I know I'm in the minority here, was the Dole Whip. I looked forward to trying that for months, and it was just not for me. With 2 weeks of buffets and over the counters with desserts (couldn't waste food and throw those desserts out), I managed to gain 6 pounds back. Now I have to get back to loosing that again. Oh well, I actually expected it to be worse, so I can't complain about 6 pounds considering I stuffed my face.

I haven't had time to read through your posts yet. I hope your doing well. Now that my trip's done, I'll have to live vicariously through your trip planning :)

Hi Nickie! How did your week 8 run go? Good luck to you on this week although I'm sure you are doing just fine. I'm running week 9 tomorrow morning. I had hoped to do it this afternoon but we needed to do some last minute costume shopping for MNSSHP. The entire family is dressing up so I have been scrambling to find everything we need to look fairly coordinated. :laughing:

Weight loss is so frustrating. I'm right there with you. I hope it gets easier and you reach your goal. Won't it be wonderful to run through Disney and finish without stopping? When I was at DLR a few weeks ago they had a similar race there. I was really impressed by medals and shirts the participants were wearing around the park. Made me want the race next October even more.

Good luck on the job!! I really, really, really, really hope you can make it. :goodvibes

We don't plan around the parades either. We do enjoy Mickey's Jammin Jungle parade and since we are usually done with AK we usually stick around to see it. We caught MSEP back in July and it was pretty neat. I hope the boys love it like the girls did. :) I'm excited for the new Pixar Parade at DHS and the Disney Channel show also. I'm looking forward to seeing them if we can in November.

We love the parades too! In March we were at DHS and waiting for the parade. Mr. Potato Head ended up right in front of us and he kept moving his eyes and winking at us. It was so funny! The kids (and us adults too) were getting such a kick out of him. :goodvibes

How awesome that the boys love Cinderella and 1900 Park Fare. We love the stepmother & stepsisters, they are riot!

Hello! Nickie
love love the parade's !!! wish I would have caught the one at AK but we will...

as for the rant...let them go! don't stress yourself about it, make the plans and let them be...you don't have to change your ressie's just if they don't show for breakfast they don't show don't wait for them check in and whoever shows go have a blast! with the crew you have!!

Thanks Connie- good advice!!

We're like you, we never schedule the parades, if we happen to be around when one is going on we'll stop for a few and watch. We have watched Spectro in it's entirety and will probably see MSEP in December. Oh, and the parade during MVMCP, we'll definitely want to see that one because Santa is in it!:santa:

I'm with Connie, keep all of your ADRs the same and if some people decide to skip them, then you still go. You can only plan so much for a group, as you know 1st hand! There will always be someone who wants to do something else! :headache: Just make sure that you, Wayne and the boys have the best vacation you can!!:thumbsup2

Thanks Wendy! I know- I need to just focus on us.... I have done all the planning and when I am there I dont want it ruined because people are not sticking to my plan.

Nickie-your rant is not out of order at all!! I totally can sympathize:rolleyes1

Love the parade pics!!

Thanks Jill!! Do your boys like the parades still!? I know they like the Star Wars parade- my kids would go CRAZY for that one!

Hi there,

Well we've been back for a week now, and after 16 days of glorious Disney, I'm feeling a little blue to be back. The evening we got back and the next day were like summer here, so we didn't have too much of a shock, but that was just a tease... the next day the temperature dropped and that really sucks. I have to be honest, I didn't keep track enough to do a trip report, but the one thing I do remember is that some of the restaurants and snacks I was looking forward to trying just didn't do it for me. My biggest disappointment... and I know I'm in the minority here, was the Dole Whip. I looked forward to trying that for months, and it was just not for me. With 2 weeks of buffets and over the counters with desserts (couldn't waste food and throw those desserts out), I managed to gain 6 pounds back. Now I have to get back to loosing that again. Oh well, I actually expected it to be worse, so I can't complain about 6 pounds considering I stuffed my face.

I haven't had time to read through your posts yet. I hope your doing well. Now that my trip's done, I'll have to live vicariously through your trip planning :)

Welcome back!! I want to hear more about the trip and see some pics!!!! That is awesome that you only gained 6 pounds.... the tricky thing now is going to be getting back on track. I know you can do it! Look at all you accomplished thus far!!

Hi Nickie! How did your week 8 run go? Good luck to you on this week although I'm sure you are doing just fine. I'm running week 9 tomorrow morning. I had hoped to do it this afternoon but we needed to do some last minute costume shopping for MNSSHP. The entire family is dressing up so I have been scrambling to find everything we need to look fairly coordinated. :laughing:

Weight loss is so frustrating. I'm right there with you. I hope it gets easier and you reach your goal. Won't it be wonderful to run through Disney and finish without stopping? When I was at DLR a few weeks ago they had a similar race there. I was really impressed by medals and shirts the participants were wearing around the park. Made me want the race next October even more.

Good luck on the job!! I really, really, really, really hope you can make it. :goodvibes

We don't plan around the parades either. We do enjoy Mickey's Jammin Jungle parade and since we are usually done with AK we usually stick around to see it. We caught MSEP back in July and it was pretty neat. I hope the boys love it like the girls did. :) I'm excited for the new Pixar Parade at DHS and the Disney Channel show also. I'm looking forward to seeing them if we can in November.

Hey Leanne,
Thank you!! I am on day 3 of week 8 and it hasnt been too bad. Thanks for your motivation. Seeing you at week 9 helps to keep me going! I cant believe it... can you!? We are running 30 minutes!!! It amazes me!!!

I also hope I can share some good news this week. (I am to hear if I got the food bank job this week) If I dont - I am going to be one really sad girl!

We love the parades too! In March we were at DHS and waiting for the parade. Mr. Potato Head ended up right in front of us and he kept moving his eyes and winking at us. It was so funny! The kids (and us adults too) were getting such a kick out of him. :goodvibes

How awesome that the boys love Cinderella and 1900 Park Fare. We love the stepmother & stepsisters, they are riot!

That is awesome about Mr. potato head!!:rotfl:

10/2/10: Kids Top 25 List - # 13

DOWNTOWN DISNEY!!!​

shleys377.jpg

Having stayed at POR and then POFQ, we felt a little robbed last trip because we never made it over to DTD. The boys are SUPER EXCITED about being back at POFQ and taking the boat to DTD!

IMG_1994.jpg

DSCN3822.jpg

When asked what they love about Downtown Disney their response went like this....

"We love it all!! We want to go now!! We love all the toy shops, Lego Store and Mickey Mart!! Goofy's Candy Co, T-REX - Build-a dino, the boat ride, Mickey Bars!!"

USA2010File8046.jpg

DSCN0320.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

This year we are going over on our first day for lunch at Earl of Sandwich, and we are also going there for Aunt Carrie's Bday dinner at Raglan Road. I think it will be so fun having the 14 of us all take a relaxing boat ride down the Sassagoula River, having dinner at Raglan Road, walking around the shops, having a beer at the Paradiso 37, Ice Cream Sundae's at Ghiardellis! (first time)

IMG_2352.jpg

We love DTD too for one thing and one thing only......GHIRARDELLI'S!! I can't believe you have never been there! Their sundaes are SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!! My favorite is the Domingo - Banana Hot Fudge Sundae - vanilla ice cream surrounded by bananas, topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry! :love: I'm dooling just thinking about it!

Actually, we like DTD for more than just that reason, we always do our shopping for the trip at DTD and will be doing some Christmas shopping this year. I think we may venture over to the West Side this year too. We haven't been over there in ages!:thumbsup2

We love DTD, too! and for some strange reason Danny & I love EoS (I am not a sandwich eater) and Ashton loves every soup he has tried there. I really think it is the quality of the food, the prices, and the portions and it is just yummy!

We walked the westside back in May '09 didn't venture that far this year (due to mom's inablitity to walk long distances). But, she did some shopping!

Wendy~that sundae sounds so yummmy!!!

A little trip update: I had put in a request on the Creative DISigns for some invitations and Linda (Shadowryter) made me some AMAZING designs! I am SO excited to put these under the doors at night or first thing in the morning. I am sure the kids will love to get them!!

Hi there, here are your invitations. Sorry for the wait.:goodvibes

Great invites!!!don't see how anyone will be able to pass up their ressies and all the work you have put into their fun! Is it possible to set up a tee time on one of the days you don't have a breakfast scheduled...that might help some of the tension you are feeling!
But, I do love the invites and t-shirts you have gathered for their enjoyment...wish you were my Disney organizer :mickeyjum

Hey Nickie! Those invites look so nice! You are doing a great job! :goodvibes

As the only planner of a group of 16 over Thanksgiving 3 years ago, I certainly sympathize with all the anxiety over people not "getting" it. All you can do is explain it the best way you can and stay the course. Disney will not be upset if only 10 people show up for a 14 people reservation - they understand that things happen. Then when you all are raving about the yummy breakfast you had at Crystal Palace while they are munching on a muffin from the food court, you can just smile! :thumbsup2

Loving this countdown idea....I will have to keep this in mind for when we finally have another trip planned so as to pass the time until we leave! What fun!!

Sara

Wow, Nickie! Those invites are awesome!!!

Your family is so fortunate to have you for a planner:thumbsup2

Have you ever thought about getting into Event Planning?!!? OMG, you are too cute :cutie: putting together those invitations for each dining event. Hope you don't mind but I shared that idea with my friend who may also be going to Disney next year, but she is not on the boards.. (did i mention that we may actually be going to WDW in 2011?!! :banana: ). (don't want to forget: great job Shadowryter :thumbsup2 )

I <3 DTD!! So much to do and see. Ghiradelli's is amazing!! You will love it. :thumbsup2

You have every right to vent. I mean, don't they understand all the hardwork it takes to plan a trip just for your own family, let alone others? BUT I digress; and agree with MOM2MEK. Just go with the flow of enjoying your hard work with the rest of your beautiful family, because they'll be the ones saying.. 'Oh geesh, I wished we went. Sounds like it was a 'magical' family moment.' :goodvibes

Keep up the great work on this countdown! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter