• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 months to go and 60 pounds to loose.Update 1/2/11 Page 38

Funny you should say this!!!! Last night we were out to dinner and we ate at this Tapas bar and were sitting out on the patio on Newbury Street in Boston. It is so yummy by the way!!- Lot' s of Sangria! Ok, so this woman walks by and she is holding this tiny little baby that was crying and in my head I was thinking, "oh should we just have one more.... and then wayne pipes in and interrupts my little dream and says, "So when do you think I should get "that procedure" done"???? LOL:rotfl2: We talked about it and we both agreed that we loved having two kids and loved that things were finally getting easier for us. Once Owen is potty trained, and there are no more diapers... it will be even easier! I don't know if we can go back. I also do not want 3 kids.... I was the middle child and I always said 2 or 4 - so if we had another I would need to get prego right away again. And you know what? I am getting old! :rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

Nickie-This is exactly how we feel. We are so happy with the 2 boys and being at a point where we can just go, without all the "baggage". That's not saying that I don't go to baby showers and hold that little bundle of puff and go....."aaaawwww,mmmmm,wouldn't it be fun?" and then it poops and cries and brings me back to reality:rotfl: Plus, I recall Greg sitting on the couch with a bag of peas on his....delicates...so it would have to be the immaculate conception:laughing: PLUS!!! The older you get, the greater chance you have of having twins;)

So, on to family fun nights..we are doing Toy Story in a couple weeks. I am taking the kids to a hotel for swimming and an overnight and want to do it there. We have already done Pizza Planet, so I am trying to come up with other ideas, mealwise. Any thoughts? I have found some fun Toy Story stuff at Michael and Dollar Tree and am thinking Red/Blue/Yellow balloons, but am blank on food....

Hope you have a great week!!:hug:

Hi! Haven't been on DIS much because of kids/myself being sick, but I just wanted to say "CONGRATS!" on your weight loss. :cheer2: That is just awesome that you have lost 15 pounds!

I know sometimes its hard to avoid the temptations...my weaknesses are bread and ice cream. Half of my family is Italian so its very hard to avoid the pastas, breads, etc...not good when you are trying to lose weight! I did really good with no ice cream for awhile (I can't eat the "nonfat" or "low calorie" because the sweetners somehow make me nautious & sick...not sure why) but recently I have been stopping by the grocery store & buying a gallon of ice cream about once a week...yikes! I keep telling myself I will stop but it doesn't seem to last.

I myself have been trying to lose weight for about 2 years. My son will be 2 soon & my original goal was to lose weight before his 1st birthday...oops...I think I missed my goal. :sad2: I have been doing better...I have lost 6 pounds over the past 6 weeks. It doesn't seem like much but I feel like I'm starting to go in the right direction.

I also wanted to tell you how awesome those Disney Fridays are!!! What a great idea!!! I hope you don't mind, but I am stealing your idea! :rolleyes1 My son will be about 2 1/2 on our trip & I'm afraid he will be scared of the characters & rides. I was thinking if I have the "Disney parties" for him once it gets closer to our vacation, maybe he won't be as afraid of everything. (He was terrified of the Easter bunny but loved Santa.) He definitely knows who Mickey is because mommy has an obsession with anything Disney!!! :rotfl: He loves watching the Disney channel in the mornings (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, etc) and loves the Mickey movies, Toy Story, UP, Monsters Inc, Nemo, and TONS more! We also have the soundtracks for Toy Story 1 & 2 and Handy Manny! :) I think if he has that character recognition by seeing them all the time through tv and fun parties, he will be ok once we are at the parks!

The frog cupcakes were just adorable & look yummy!!! (I had my son's nursery decorated in frogs) And I also loved how you put the balloons on the house for your UP party! That is my son's favorite movie.

I also had a question regarding meals...I was considering the dining plan, but I'm nervous about eating too much while trying to lose weight. I don't want to lose it all before the trip & then gain back more while on vacation! In your opinion, do you think I should get the QS Dining Plan? The only good part is that my son will be under 3, so we wouldn't have a dining plan for him...so I could give him my extra food & dessert. Do you think that could help me with portion control? Sorry for all the questions, usually when I go on vacation, I go for 2 things...shopping and eating! I never watch what I eat on vacation so this is a first for me. I guess I just need some support & help! :) Another good thing is that I have to "teach" my son to love his stroller again...he is running around now like crazy & hasn't been in it for about 4-5 months. I think this will be another great thing for mommy...I can take him in the stroller for walks & that will help me with my exercise & with him getting used to the stroller again!

Glad to read your post! I think its awesome that you have lost so much already! I will be reading along & wishing you the best of luck!!! :goodvibes

Funny you should say this!!!! Last night we were out to dinner and we ate at this Tapas bar and were sitting out on the patio on Newbury Street in Boston. It is so yummy by the way!!- Lot' s of Sangria! Ok, so this woman walks by and she is holding this tiny little baby that was crying and in my head I was thinking, "oh should we just have one more.... and then wayne pipes in and interrupts my little dream and says, "So when do you think I should get "that procedure" done"???? LOL:rotfl2: We talked about it and we both agreed that we loved having two kids and loved that things were finally getting easier for us. Once Owen is potty trained, and there are no more diapers... it will be even easier! I don't know if we can go back. I also do not want 3 kids.... I was the middle child and I always said 2 or 4 - so if we had another I would need to get prego right away again. And you know what? I am getting old! :rotfl2:

Nickie-This is exactly how we feel. We are so happy with the 2 boys and being at a point where we can just go, without all the "baggage". That's not saying that I don't go to baby showers and hold that little bundle of puff and go....."aaaawwww,mmmmm,wouldn't it be fun?" and then it poops and cries and brings me back to reality:rotfl: Plus, I recall Greg sitting on the couch with a bag of peas on his....delicates...so it would have to be the immaculate conception:laughing: PLUS!!! The older you get, the greater chance you have of having twins;)

So, on to family fun nights..we are doing Toy Story in a couple weeks. I am taking the kids to a hotel for swimming and an overnight and want to do it there. We have already done Pizza Planet, so I am trying to come up with other ideas, mealwise. Any thoughts? I have found some fun Toy Story stuff at Michael and Dollar Tree and am thinking Red/Blue/Yellow balloons, but am blank on food....

Hope you have a great week!!:hug:[/QUOTE]

Hey Jill!!! :) Twins!?:scared1: Now that would be scary! After a week like I had with these kids.... two is MORE than I can handle! :scared1:

For Toy Story the only thing I can think of is Birthday Cake... Andys Birthday... Pizza would be easy to have delivered at the hotel!

I saw your post on the darby night- so cute.... looks like lot's of fun. The boys are getting so big. This will be a great trip for you all.

QUESTION!!!! So I hear that the POFQ will be doing a refurb in early 2011... That is when I am planning my trip! What do you think I should do. Stick with POFQ, or change to POR, CBR or CSR???? So confused. :confused:

Congrats on the weight loss Nickie! :cheer2: I lost another pound last week. I've gotten a little discouraged but I'm determined to pick myself up this week. :goodvibes Back to the gym tonight. :sad2:

:goodvibes
Hi! Haven't been on DIS much because of kids/myself being sick, but I just wanted to say "CONGRATS!" on your weight loss. :cheer2: That is just awesome that you have lost 15 pounds!

:banana: Thanks!!!!

I know sometimes its hard to avoid the temptations...my weaknesses are bread and ice cream. Half of my family is Italian so its very hard to avoid the pastas, breads, etc...not good when you are trying to lose weight! I did really good with no ice cream for awhile (I can't eat the "nonfat" or "low calorie" because the sweetners somehow make me nautious & sick...not sure why) but recently I have been stopping by the grocery store & buying a gallon of ice cream about once a week...yikes! I keep telling myself I will stop but it doesn't seem to last.

I myself have been trying to lose weight for about 2 years. My son will be 2 soon & my original goal was to lose weight before his 1st birthday...oops...I think I missed my goal. :sad2: I have been doing better...I have lost 6 pounds over the past 6 weeks. It doesn't seem like much but I feel like I'm starting to go in the right direction.

I did the same thing but I said 2 years and now Owen is almost 3!! Congrats on the 6 pounds that is GREAT!!:thumbsup2

I also wanted to tell you how awesome those Disney Fridays are!!! What a great idea!!! I hope you don't mind, but I am stealing your idea! :rolleyes1 My son will be about 2 1/2 on our trip & I'm afraid he will be scared of the characters & rides. I was thinking if I have the "Disney parties" for him once it gets closer to our vacation, maybe he won't be as afraid of everything. (He was terrified of the Easter bunny but loved Santa.) He definitely knows who Mickey is because mommy has an obsession with anything Disney!!! :rotfl: He loves watching the Disney channel in the mornings (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, etc) and loves the Mickey movies, Toy Story, UP, Monsters Inc, Nemo, and TONS more! We also have the soundtracks for Toy Story 1 & 2 and Handy Manny! :) I think if he has that character recognition by seeing them all the time through tv and fun parties, he will be ok once we are at the parks!

The frog cupcakes were just adorable & look yummy!!! (I had my son's nursery decorated in frogs) And I also loved how you put the balloons on the house for your UP party! That is my son's favorite movie.

Thanks so much!! We have had SO much fun with the Disney Nights. I think it will help your son to get excited for the trip and to become more familiar with Disney!

I also had a question regarding meals...I was considering the dining plan, but I'm nervous about eating too much while trying to lose weight. I don't want to lose it all before the trip & then gain back more while on vacation! In your opinion, do you think I should get the QS Dining Plan? The only good part is that my son will be under 3, so we wouldn't have a dining plan for him...so I could give him my extra food & dessert. Do you think that could help me with portion control? Sorry for all the questions, usually when I go on vacation, I go for 2 things...shopping and eating! I never watch what I eat on vacation so this is a first for me. I guess I just need some support & help! :) Another good thing is that I have to "teach" my son to love his stroller again...he is running around now like crazy & hasn't been in it for about 4-5 months. I think this will be another great thing for mommy...I can take him in the stroller for walks & that will help me with my exercise & with him getting used to the stroller again!

Well on the dining plan we have done deluxe the last two trips. But on this trip I want to do things a little easier. Will you want any sit down meals? Character meals?? If so- you will want to do the basic meal plan. I think then there will be some more food for your son so that you will not have to buy stuff for him. I also order from Garden Grocer and have things like waters and milk and diapers delivered. It is only 12$ delivery and I think SO worth it!!! My plan is going to be to have fruit/cereal delivered from garden grocer and that will be my breakfast each day- then eat at a QS for lunch and I have looked at the menus and picked out the healthiest option and then for our sit down dinners I will splurge a little! I am on vacation!!

Glad to read your post! I think its awesome that you have lost so much already! I will be reading along & wishing you the best of luck!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along!

Hey Nickie!
on POFQ; I would wait until it gets closer and see what the refurb is going to entail...it may be something un-noticable. POP is getting room refurbs a section at a time and I understand it is pretty un-noticeable and it does not include the pool. Unless, you want to try the pirate rooms for the boys at CBR pirate:

on the baby situation...if you and Wayne are pretty certain my advice is to take care of the maybe...look at Danny and I we had our surprise 18 and 14 yrs after the first two :eek: (although, we would not trade him for the world since the day I felt him move:cloud9:

Hey Nickie!
on POFQ; I would wait until it gets closer and see what the refurb is going to entail...it may be something un-noticable. POP is getting room refurbs a section at a time and I understand it is pretty un-noticeable and it does not include the pool. Unless, you want to try the pirate rooms for the boys at CBR pirate:

on the baby situation...if you and Wayne are pretty certain my advice is to take care of the maybe...look at Danny and I we had our surprise 18 and 14 yrs after the first two :eek: (although, we would not trade him for the world since the day I felt him move:cloud9:

I think that is a good idea on the hotel. Wayne and the kids REALLY have their hearts set on POFQ. And even though I had liked POR better, I think with no car that POFQ will be much better because it only has the one bus stop and everything is so close!

wow 18 and 14 years apart! That is like being a first time mom all over again huh!? Wayne was a surprise baby too!

Congrats on the weight loss Nickie! :cheer2: I lost another pound last week. I've gotten a little discouraged but I'm determined to pick myself up this week. :goodvibes Back to the gym tonight. :sad2:

Hey Leanne!! Thanks and Keep up the good work. I say a pound lost is a great thing.... when you have less to loose it doesnt come off easy or fast. I am sure that must be so hard to keep motivated. Good for you for going to the gym!!

I think that is a good idea on the hotel. Wayne and the kids REALLY have their hearts set on POFQ. And even though I had liked POR better, I think with no car that POFQ will be much better because it only has the one bus stop and everything is so close!

wow 18 and 14 years apart! That is like being a first time mom all over again huh!? Wayne was a surprise baby too!
Yes, and no...you never forget how to be a mom! although I do think I am better with Ashton than I was with the other two...and Danny is definately better this go round! MATURITY! has a lot to do with it; but, I would not have planned it that way.:laughing:
But, we had NOTHING! I sold everything when Dayne was two! not only that because I was pg during Gwendolyn's Sr year I did not want a shower or any hoopla (I felt I did not want to take away from her celebration)...

Hey Leanne!! Thanks and Keep up the good work. I say a pound lost is a great thing.... when you have less to loose it doesnt come off easy or fast. I am sure that must be so hard to keep motivated. Good for you for going to the gym!!
when I did WW with a friend around 2001 she was 265#'s and I was 154 she would loose 4-5#'s a week and I was loosing 1# if I was lucky; it was so discouraging...by the time she lost 65#'s I had only lost 15 and was having a very hard time getting it off...but Leanne you are doing types of exercise that I would think you need to watch the inches more than the weight; I bet your clothes are getting looser! :hug: I just wish I had the motivation you your gals have...I'm just to worn out to even start anything:headache:

Nickie-
We really loved the Pirate Room, and didn't find TS to be such a big deal. We were the last stop on the bus route, so we just headed right to the park. We never had a "full bus" that it made that big of a deal! Plus, we were in building 27 and could see the bus stop from our room, so we would literally run out the door when the bus pulled up. I was really glad to have done the Pirate Room when the boys were young. We did enjoy CSR alot too-the Dig Site pool is really fun and they have a great playground. The Casitas are beautiful! Plus, they have a spa...you could pamper your new bod:thumbsup2 I don't think you can really go wrong at the Mods, we love them all!!

Thanks for the birthday idea for TS! I didn't think of that. My boys and niece were all born on the same day (same hospital too, thank goodness-or my mom would have been a frazzled mess:crazy2:) so we could do the 1/2 birthday for the 3 of them in conjunction with the Toy Story Night! We had fun at the Darby night..lots o' green:sick:

Good luck this week!!!!!:)

Congratulations on your 15 lb weight loss- and losing 4 lbs while being tempted by St. Patty's Day and Pistachio Pie is something to be very proud of :worship:.

I loved your Princess & the Frog cupcakes- they were adorable! Sometimes I think it is much more fun to be creative with a cupcake instead of a whole cake and there's built-in portion control :rotfl:

Nickie-
We really loved the Pirate Room, and didn't find TS to be such a big deal. We were the last stop on the bus route, so we just headed right to the park. We never had a "full bus" that it made that big of a deal! Plus, we were in building 27 and could see the bus stop from our room, so we would literally run out the door when the bus pulled up. I was really glad to have done the Pirate Room when the boys were young. We did enjoy CSR alot too-the Dig Site pool is really fun and they have a great playground. The Casitas are beautiful! Plus, they have a spa...you could pamper your new bod:thumbsup2 I don't think you can really go wrong at the Mods, we love them all!!

Thanks for the birthday idea for TS! I didn't think of that. My boys and niece were all born on the same day (same hospital too, thank goodness-or my mom would have been a frazzled mess:crazy2:) so we could do the 1/2 birthday for the 3 of them in conjunction with the Toy Story Night! We had fun at the Darby night..lots o' green:sick:

Good luck this week!!!!!:)

Jill - on this trip you are staying at POFQ right?? You will have to take lots of pics for us!!

Congratulations on your 15 lb weight loss- and losing 4 lbs while being tempted by St. Patty's Day and Pistachio Pie is something to be very proud of :worship:.

I loved your Princess & the Frog cupcakes- they were adorable! Sometimes I think it is much more fun to be creative with a cupcake instead of a whole cake and there's built-in portion control :rotfl:

HI! Your ticker has 10 pound loss!! That is GREAT!!!!:banana: Can you believe I didn't eat any cupcakes!!!:scared1: I am really trying to stay away from the sweets. Easter is going to be tough- being stuck in the house with all the candy! ugh!!!

Hi Nickie! I see you're planning another Feb trip. I hope the weather will be better for you next year! I can't say that I'll want to go in Feb again. ;)

Congrats on the weight loss! I'll join you starting in August but you'll probably be done by then. :) Sweets are my downfall too. I used to curb my sweet tooth by eating yogurt.

Hi Nickie! I see you're planning another Feb trip. I hope the weather will be better for you next year! I can't say that I'll want to go in Feb again. ;)

Congrats on the weight loss! I'll join you starting in August but you'll probably be done by then. :) Sweets are my downfall too. I used to curb my sweet tooth by eating yogurt.

Hey Shannon!
Thanks!! Yes another February trip in the works! I really didnt like how cold it was but I have never seen such low crowds at Disney- It really made for such a cool trip. (no pun intended :rotfl2:)

When are you due?? How have you been feeling?

July 23 is my due date. I'm hoping he comes a couple weeks early like Madeline did. I'm already uncomfortable. He did something to my back last night and I woke up at 3am and couldn't take a deep breath without pain.

I think the week you went was less busy then the week we went. We didn't see much difference between our week and our week in May last year. I'm hoping the weather is better for you next year. When we went to US in 2008 it was like 75-80 and GORGEOUS the whole time. It was 1st week of Feb that year. :)

HI! Your ticker has 10 pound loss!! That is GREAT!!!!:banana: Can you believe I didn't eat any cupcakes!!!:scared1: I am really trying to stay away from the sweets. Easter is going to be tough- being stuck in the house with all the candy! ugh!!!

Due to all of the ticker problems & viruses on the Disboards :confused3 I need to find a new weightloss countdown ticker- I love yours! As for the Easter temptation I made a no candy rule for this year :laughing:! I have it a little easier than you since your boys are older. DD doesn't even know that candy and Easter go hand in hand and my niece and nephew who will be visiting us for our Easter Egg hunt will be celebrating Passover and my sister-in-law asked that we not have candy anyway unless it conformed to the Passover rules and since I have no real idea what that would mean I am sticking with Hotwheels and Silly Bandz bracelets to stuff in the Easter eggs.

July 23 is my due date. I'm hoping he comes a couple weeks early like Madeline did. I'm already uncomfortable. He did something to my back last night and I woke up at 3am and couldn't take a deep breath without pain.

I think the week you went was less busy then the week we went. We didn't see much difference between our week and our week in May last year. I'm hoping the weather is better for you next year. When we went to US in 2008 it was like 75-80 and GORGEOUS the whole time. It was 1st week of Feb that year. :)

75 - 80 would be GREAT!! It was 50 and cold and raining but EMPTY! We were saying while we were there that we didnt mind the weather because of the crowds! Now if it had been busy and cold and raining, then that would be a different story!

Owen was born July 27th so I know ALL about July babies! For the month of July I floated in my BIL's pool. It was great!

Due to all of the ticker problems & viruses on the Disboards :confused3 I need to find a new weightloss countdown ticker- I love yours! As for the Easter temptation I made a no candy rule for this year :laughing:! I have it a little easier than you since your boys are older. DD doesn't even know that candy and Easter go hand in hand and my niece and nephew who will be visiting us for our Easter Egg hunt will be celebrating Passover and my sister-in-law asked that we not have candy anyway unless it conformed to the Passover rules and since I have no real idea what that would mean I am sticking with Hotwheels and Silly Bandz bracelets to stuff in the Easter eggs.

Sticking with hot wheels sounds like a good idea! Yes it is VERY hard around here. These kids always get so much junk!!!!

I can't believe it is already Friday! Time for the weekly weigh in! This week I lost one pound! I know that isn't much but I was UP during the week because of my date night on Saturday.... so to have a one pound loss is great!!!! I am so excited.... I am getting further and further away from that "never to be mentioned number again!"

Hope you all have had a good week!!!

Trip News:
So I put together a little itinerary and sent it to the family. I included where and when we would be eating and what parks we are planning on going to and I also included the number of the hotel and some pics! Wayne's brother Jeff has booked Friday-Monday Night!! We are so excited... Jeff lives in Florida and drives over and meets us every trip. The first and second trip him and his family met us for the day... on the last trip they spent the night... now they are getting their own room and spending 3 nights. We were joking that soon he will be booking the whole week. :rotfl2:
Now I just need the other two boys to book!

Just gotta say I enjoyed reading your Pre Trippie so far! Sounds like your going to have an awesome Vacation. We're going around the same time too!

Also congrats on your weightloss so far, Disney is a great motivator!

Have you ever thought of buying DVC? (I'm not sure it's a super great deal but just curious)

So how did you dress Owen when he was born? Did he wear summer things or long sleeves ect? Madeline was born in the spring (Monday is her b-day actually) so I have no idea what to put on a summer baby.

Congrats on the weight loss! I think the pounds you're shedding are coming straight to me. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter