• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 month old at Disney

Bella's Momma

Earning My Ears
We will be heading to Disney in 8 days with our 10 month old. My brother is coming along as well, so we can alternate who the "odd one out" is on rides. Anybody have any tips or tricks for a visit with a LO that age? I am breastfeeding, so we'll be nursing throughout the parks I'm sure. We are also bringing both an ERGO baby carrier and a RingSling in addition to our stroller... I'm know she'll be fine, but just looking for any advice I may not think to ask for!

We have 3 little ones and we have taken them from various ages between 5 months and 10 months. I found it easy to use the Baby Bjorn because so many rides I could just get on with the little ones in it, no need to take them out. There are baby stations in each park where it is air conditioned and a room for siblings to watch tv while you can feed and change baby. As for riding you can do a parent swap, just go up to where the fast passes are and find a cast member and tell them you need a parent swap ticket. Sometimes they like to see your child to verify you actually have one before they give you the ticket. You enter the ride and reenter through the fastpass line with the opposite parent! Really is great! Hope this helps some! Have a "Magical" time!

I took my DS for the first time at 10 mos.

It was great. He had just started walking so didn't want to spend lots of time in the stroller. I wore him in the Mai Tai for most of the trip. He fell asleep on A LOT of the rides and I nursed him on a lot of the rides or during some shows. Made a token stop at the Baby Care center in each park just to see what they were like but even he didn't want to spend much time there, lol!

He LOVED the characters at that age.

My best advice - take LOTS of pictures. My DS still loves looking at them.

Have a great trip!

I recommend the disposable placemats, so you can feel more confident about baby eating at restaurants.

I recommend the disposable placemats, so you can feel more confident about baby eating at restaurants.

Great idea! I had thought about that in passing, but wasn't sure where to find them...Do they sell those at Walmart?

The other thing I"m concerned about...If she sleeps in really weird times and more often during the day, will she be up half the nights? How much does travel effect baby's sleep? Disney parks tire me out anyway, I can't imagine how exhausted I'd be if I'm up half the night.

Thanks!

Great idea! I had thought about that in passing, but wasn't sure where to find them...Do they sell those at Walmart?

The other thing I"m concerned about...If she sleeps in really weird times and more often during the day, will she be up half the nights? How much does travel effect baby's sleep? Disney parks tire me out anyway, I can't imagine how exhausted I'd be if I'm up half the night.

Thanks!

I used the disposable placemats when I took my DD at 10 mos. She was only eating with her fingers so they were a must. Also, I took along disposable bibs and the disposable sippy cups - you can use these multi times but they are cheap enough to lose (which I think I lost most of them). I believe I got mine at Target. I don't know if this is a good tip, but prior to going, I made up daily bags that had about 5 diapers, wipes, a couple of placemants and bibs. That way, each day, I only had to throw the pre-made baggie into the diaper bag and it didn't take long to get out the door. I don't recall having any big issues with sleeping - but each baby is different.

You'll have a great time. I was there 4 days before I met up with other family members. This gave me 1 day in each park with just me and my DD. It really was nice just the 2 of us going at our own pace - I was surprised with just how much she really could do. Having other family was great too - they were so gracious about the extra time it takes using baby swap. It's nice that you'll have the 3rd adult..someone will get to ride twice when you baby swap!

We were a little out of whack with the sleeping but we are from the UK so completely different time zone. First morning he was eating breakfast at 3.30 am :scared1:

Cullen at 10/11 months love the characters and we had a wonderful character meal with him at Disneyland (it was really quiet when we went and the characters actually fought over him, didn't leave our table for the entire time we were there)

Seth at same age HATED HATED HATED characters. We had two character meals scheduled one at begining of trip and one at end. Lets just say he didn't get any better at the end.

So my suggestion would be to schedule a character meal for a couple of days into your trip so that you can meet some at the parks, if bubs love them keep you reservation if not cancel. Lets just say it didn't make for a pleasent meal with him freaking out everytime they came near.

Letting them out ocassionally for a crawl around helped with us, he had a fab time at Pooh's playful spot. We travel light so I didn't have a change of clothes but it was so hot he had dried out pretty fast.

My trip report linked at bottom of page "it was worth the 9 hour flight" is when Seth was 10 months.

Have a fab time, we did, can't wait to go back when new baby is around the same age. (well fingers crossed we can go anyway)

Kirsten

I have actually had a harder time finding the placemats recently. Babies R Us, I believe, has them, but Walmart didn't. I think we found them at Kroger when we were in the midwest, but my local grocery here doesn't carry them.

We've not had sleep issues. A lot of activity + a lot to look at + a lot of fresh air = a lot of brain activity and growth for baby and a good night's sleep.

We went to wdw with our son when he was 18 mos and he loved it and still talks about it. We will be going again in sept with a 9 1/2 month old and we will def use these tips thanks.

Just my 2 cents on the disposable placemats - my husband and I were so excited to try these because we like to eat out fairly regularly and our son comes with us, but I have to say the success of these tend to vary from baby to baby. There was a kid at the table next to us using them as intended, but at our table our son spent pretty much the whole meal trying to peel it off of the table - which then gave his food a much higher projectile for flying off of the table. Now we use baby wipes and wipe down all around the table where he is sitting (and just under it because you never know where the little fingers will wander!) and then have him eat off of the table. We are in the process of introducing plates, but this has worked out well for the interim. I tend to get looks from people that assume we didn't clean anything, but my husband (who is a microbiologist) promises me that wiping down a hard surface is just as clean.....I know this is kind of off-topic, but in case you don't have the disposable placemats, I know with little ones we all tend to have a large stock of diaper wipes that can serve as a good substitute!

Also, a quick wipe after eating removes all evidence!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter