• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$10 for piece of mind? you tell me.

belle118

Earning My Ears
So last week I was shopping disney online on for my DS (4) and his cousin, and found a great deal on pin trading starter sets. I thought the kids would have a blast with this and could not resist the nerd appeal of pin trading vicariously through them. Also, I thought it would be a good way to have some identification on them *just in case* (heaven forbid). So I took the plunge and made the order.

Well, this was Tuesday last week, and yesterday (Monday), my order still hadn't shipped! Not a big deal, except our plane takes off Sunday to WDW! So yesterday I called the disney store (I had also called them on Friday), and just decided it was worth my piece of mind to upgrade to 3 day shipping for $10. Lo and behold, my order was shipped today and should arrive on Thursday! When you consider that the items I ordered would have been useless if they were late, and that I would have had to ship them back for additional cost and time, I think this decision was the best I could have made given the situation. Although my initial intention of saving money on pin trading obviously fell through.

That said, I want to hear your stories! When did the disney magic not quite click, and throwing money at the situation made sense for you? Did hail a cab after a long day at the parks instead of wait in the bus lines with your tired kiddos? Or something more interesting? Let me know!

Last friday I ordered three shirts for me and my girls to where during our trip which we leave for this friday. I was having trouble w/ my purchase online and when I called the automated system was saying it could take a week before they ship for standard shipping due to the volume of orders. So I finished my order and paid for the two day shipping which was 29.99 I bought six shirts total three of them are shirts I can buy in the parks, I just didn't want to wait.

ETA~ they came today and my looks great dd's however look like dresses heres to hoping they shrink when I wash them,lol.

As a mail-order business owner, this year is rough! We are also approx a week behind (shipping Mondays orders on Friday) and people are irate when they hear it (yet still put in the order). It's really busy and we didn't predict this amount of sales. I'm sure they are in the same boat.

It wasn't ordering a Disney product, but this seems timely due to the cold weather we're having here in Maryland (and in Florida)...

Two years ago, I was packing the night before our trip down to the Boardwalk Inn to spend the week before Christmas. All of a sudden, I realize my kids need a new jacket (they like the plain zip up sweatjackets, like Hanna Andersson), my daughter has no shorts but also needs some sweatpants (the Hanna ones are nicer looking but comfy and warm), and a couple tee shirts. They really needed them, but we were leaving in the morning!!

Here is where blowing $30 on shipping was worth it for me: I ordered the items they needed, paid for next day shipping, and the next day while we were in the parks, the item was delivered to the Boardwalk Inn, and the bellmen placed it in our room for us without even bothering to call us or anything! We got back into the room and there was the box. The kids wore everything the whole trip. The sweatpants were great for evenings and in the room, and they wore the jackets every day!

Sometimes you just gotta do it - it was way better than going shopping while on vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter