10 days in Disney w/ pics

Thanks so much for your honest and eye opening points on taking other's advice. I am a super planner, too and sometimes I forget my DH and DS just might want to make a decision or 2...I will be much more aware and TRY :rolleyes: to be more aware of their desires!!! :thumbsup2

ciera321 said:
Thanks so much for your honest and eye opening points on taking other's advice. I am a super planner, too and sometimes I forget my DH and DS just might want to make a decision or 2...I will be much more aware and TRY :rolleyes: to be more aware of their desires!!! :thumbsup2

Glad you were able to learn from my mistakes. I have such high expectations and plan and plan and plan for everything and it is hard for me when others change those plans, especially unexpectedly. I need to realize that others may need to rest or have a break when it wasn't planned, and being flexible is key. As you can tell I finally learned that lesson this trip, and I am sure DH hopes I will keep that in mind next year. . .I will! ;)
Lesley

allisophie said:
Now does anyone know kids who HAD this and grew out of it, here's hoping for that reply

Yes,our micro preemie HAS finally outgrown IT :cool1: (she was1.5 at birth)
There are times when we are out and I can see her try and swallow and the brain goes into "OH NO!! puke mode!" :guilty: the plastic bag comes out along with napkins or wipes (yes I still carry them and she is 6 and we have not had an "incindent" in a year) I am guilty of cutting her food into tiny bits tho her Drs. tell me to let her chew bigger pieces.. OK then are they there at the table while she's choking? k enough ...

Still waiting to see if you get to see fantasmic/will the rain hold off at MGM? :rolleyes1

SOOO good to hear. How old is she now?? When did she outgrow it? I am so anxiously awaiting that day!!! Thanks for giving me hope tonight.
Lesley

Yay, I'm loving this trip report, Lesley! :cheer2:

Apart from the cute photos, helpful ideas, and fun writing style, I also like that you're posting your days pretty quickly. I know everybody writes theirs differently, but it's hard to follow a trip report when the days are written weeks apart!

So... thankyou! :banana:

Oh man, I am HOOKED!!!

I think I know what Tim is up to - your hint about seeing the MK before it opens....hmmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to wait and see, but I think I know!!! ;)

BTW, your kids are adorable - my DD has hair like your Lauren. Your DH is a lot like mine - he runs for the FP's whenever I tell him too! :teeth: We're true lovers of ALL Disney and I really identify with all you've written about being a planner, obsessive (uh, me too!), not willing to let others take over (uh, me either!), planning, planning, planning! COOL!!!

Hi -

This is my first ever post! :cool1: I have been a lurker for a while since we are taking our first trip to Disney in November -- my kids are two and four, and your trip report has me HOOKED!! I am really enjoying reading it and I appreciate all your tips for taking the little kids. Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

Karen

Loved your report! Yeah, the fantasmic night would have screwed me up too. I'm the planner in our party and on our last trip, everybody said, "let's take one day just to relax by the pool", and I had to think for a long time and decided that's a great idea. We do the 9 nights and we are doing more disney trips on our AP this time so it will be fine. But I agree w/you on changing the itiniarary. I have ours posted in all 3 rooms for everyone and the night before we go over what we are doing the next day and they all have to be @ the bus stop so we can get to the parks when they open. You would fit right in with our group! Come join us in Jan.!

AWESOME TRIP REPORT!!

Fellow Ohioian - we are from the Cleveland area. We went to Disney for the first time this past April. We have already booked our room and are making plans for March of 2007. Reading your report brings back so many memories for me. I am becoming a disney addict. I can relate to you with the incident in your hotel room over MGM. The same thing happened on our trip except for it all happened in MK and I let stupidity get the best of me and show my "a**" there. Sometimes we just want things to be so perfect that we think if we stray from the plans it won't be perfect. You are giving me so many touring ideas. My children are about the same age as yours. Our first trip my sister and her boyfriend went with us - but in 2007 we will go by ourselves and had wondered how our trip would go with kids. Loving your report can't wait to hear the rest
Michelle :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Scot-n-Michelle said:
AWESOME TRIP REPORT!!

Fellow Ohioian - we are from the Cleveland area. We went to Disney for the first time this past April. We have already booked our room and are making plans for March of 2007. Reading your report brings back so many memories for me. I am becoming a disney addict. I can relate to you with the incident in your hotel room over MGM. The same thing happened on our trip except for it all happened in MK and I let stupidity get the best of me and show my "a**" there. Sometimes we just want things to be so perfect that we think if we stray from the plans it won't be perfect. You are giving me so many touring ideas. My children are about the same age as yours. Our first trip my sister and her boyfriend went with us - but in 2007 we will go by ourselves and had wondered how our trip would go with kids. Loving your report can't wait to hear the rest
Michelle :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

So glad others can relate to my story. I am also glad you are enjoying the kid tips and getting touring plan ideas. Good to hear! I will post day 8 later on today.
Lesley

mousiemom said:
Loved your report! Yeah, the fantasmic night would have screwed me up too. I'm the planner in our party and on our last trip, everybody said, "let's take one day just to relax by the pool", and I had to think for a long time and decided that's a great idea. We do the 9 nights and we are doing more disney trips on our AP this time so it will be fine. But I agree w/you on changing the itiniarary. I have ours posted in all 3 rooms for everyone and the night before we go over what we are doing the next day and they all have to be @ the bus stop so we can get to the parks when they open. You would fit right in with our group! Come join us in Jan.!

I wish I could join you in January. I am DYING to go back. I am anxiously awaiting them to release package prices for next summer so we can book. I've always wanted to go in Jan. or Feb. instead of sweating in June, but being a teacher that is impossible.
I love how you are a planner like me and glad you are enjoying the report. More to come tonight! Thanks for taking the time to post, it is so encouraging.
Lesley

Momof2goofys said:
Hi -

This is my first ever post! :cool1: I have been a lurker for a while since we are taking our first trip to Disney in November -- my kids are two and four, and your trip report has me HOOKED!! I am really enjoying reading it and I appreciate all your tips for taking the little kids. Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

Karen

So glad my report has taken you from "lurker" to "poster". It is so much fun to be actively involved here on the Dis. I am happy to see you are learning from my report having little kids yourself. Thanks for posting!!!
Lesley

scanne said:
Oh man, I am HOOKED!!!

I think I know what Tim is up to - your hint about seeing the MK before it opens....hmmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to wait and see, but I think I know!!! ;)

BTW, your kids are adorable - my DD has hair like your Lauren. Your DH is a lot like mine - he runs for the FP's whenever I tell him too! :teeth: We're true lovers of ALL Disney and I really identify with all you've written about being a planner, obsessive (uh, me too!), not willing to let others take over (uh, me either!), planning, planning, planning! COOL!!!

So glad you are enjoying it! Lauren's curls are the first in the family so we love them! She'll probably spend her entire life trying to straighten them but I wish I had them. Thanks for posting!!!
Lesley

AussieAngel said:
Yay, I'm loving this trip report, Lesley! :cheer2:

Apart from the cute photos, helpful ideas, and fun writing style, I also like that you're posting your days pretty quickly. I know everybody writes theirs differently, but it's hard to follow a trip report when the days are written weeks apart!

So... thankyou! :banana:

I've never written a trip report before so thanks for your encouraging words. I hate to be posting it so quickly because I DON'T WANT IT TO END!!! But we leave out of town for a family get together in Michigan this Friday and i wanted it all posted before we leave, didn't want to leave anyone hanging for that long.
Lesley

I love this report...great job on getting us all hooked and wanting more! :cool1: I must admit that I have gone through several emotions while I read these. I was sad at first about the kids being sick and that hopefully that would not ruin everything. Then I was laughing at the rain and how you can make situations like that even more magical. I am sure everyone was looking at you like you were crazy running in the rain but your kids will forever have a story that their parents didn't let the weather dictate the fun you had. :cheer2: Then when your parents got there and the look on your kids face and yours....priceless! :love: We are going in October for my DD 10th birthday and my mother is flying in for her special day to surprise her-I hope we can capture the emotions like you had. Great job on your report and your pictures-even though we have not gone we can live through the pictures and share the experience. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us your trip...I can only hope the rest of the vacation was great and look forward to reading them!

I love your trip reports! I've spent the last 2 hours (at work :blush: )reading them. I can't wait for your next one.

I do have a question about the parent swap (forgive me in advance if someone has already asked this) does your whole party wait in line and then a CM gives you a parent swap before everyone gets on? Or do you get them right at the begining? And where does the actual swapping of the children take place?

jj1403 said:
I love your trip reports! I've spent the last 2 hours (at work :blush: )reading them. I can't wait for your next one.

I do have a question about the parent swap (forgive me in advance if someone has already asked this) does your whole party wait in line and then a CM gives you a parent swap before everyone gets on? Or do you get them right at the begining? And where does the actual swapping of the children take place?

Here is how we do it. Sometimes we get more than 1 depending on the CM. If we have FP'd the attraction then all 4 of us go up to the gate at the return time and ask for a parent swap pass. They give me a parent swap pass and Tim and Luke ride, and then I just use the parent swap pass and Luke and I ride again. We save the other FP for later on in the day. They don't question the return time except for VERY popular rides like Soarin' or Expedition Everest. I even used a Rockin' Roller Coaster swap pass from a previous day I accidentaly left this out of my trip report come to think of it). Sometimes when Tim originally goes for the FP's he asks for a parent swap pass and pockets it and then when Tim and Luke are on I go up and say "my husband and child are on the ride and I need a parent swap pass" and they always give me one. So sometimes we end up with two. We use the one so Luke and I can ride again after they get off (that is when the swapping occurs) and hold onto the other because it is good for 3 people riding at once, they don't have a return time on them and usually don't have an expiration date at all. Rockin' Roller coaster parent swap pass did have an expiration date but it was 4 days out. Hope this helps!
Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter