10 days in Disney w/ pics

lucky978 said:
Love, love, love your reports! I'm really enjoying them. Looking forward to my anniversary trip at WL this September!

How do you get turn-down service at the WL? Is this only a Consierge level ?(I know I spelt that wrong...).

Turndown is available to ALL guests who stay in deluxe properties but not many people take advantage of it. I just called my first day and requested turndown service. They called right back and asked me if I wanted it for the entire stay and I said yes. They did an outstanding job and even changed the sheets every night, emptied garbage, re-stocked towels and toilet paper, did fun things with the kids toys, towel animals and creations, and of course the turndown, dimmed lights and chocolates. We really enjoyed this. I do leave a tip nightly for them though.
Lesley

Great report Lesley!

Now I'm even more excited about my July 14th-19 trip to the world!

One question, What was the restaurant you ate dinner at in WDW on Day 6? I don't know if I missed it or what.

Look forward to reading more!

Thanks

Oh man, I know all about the crying gag reflex! DD has the exact same thing-- it's also triggered by excessive coughing. It's so no fun, and the second she gets really upset we go into "calm-her-down-quick" mode. Luckily she's a pretty happy, easy-going child so this is rare, but when it happens, look out!

I'm enjoying reading your report-- sounds like you had a really happy birthday!

We ate at Tony's Town Square for my 30th b-day on Day 6. It is an Italian restaraunt at the Magic Kingdom. We had a great meal there!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip- must say I'm a little jealous, I can't wait to go back!

Lesley

Missus Toad said:
Oh man, I know all about the crying gag reflex! DD has the exact same thing-- it's also triggered by excessive coughing. It's so no fun, and the second she gets really upset we go into "calm-her-down-quick" mode. Luckily she's a pretty happy, easy-going child so this is rare, but when it happens, look out!

I'm enjoying reading your report-- sounds like you had a really happy birthday!

OMG I am so glad I'm not the only one. Yes, hers is triggered by the coughing too. We do the exact same thing, everyone goes into "calm her down mode". She is now at the point where she can tell it's coming on and you can see her trying to calm herself down too. How old is your DD???
Lesley

I am loving your trip report! I read what your DH did for you on your b-day to my DH to give him some new ideas. He is a WONDERFUL DH but he tends to not be a good planner and puts things off until the last moment. I know he always has great ideas but usually no follow through. I always hear what he wanted to do for my b-day but he never got around to it. It's always a bit of a bummer but I am always impressed by his original ideas.
Anyway, I can't wait to hear more!! --Renee

basas said:
And i thought it was just ME, MGM, and RAIN...EVERY time it pours when we're there! I think its a secret thing WDI installed to make ToT more realistic!

Love the reports!

omg same everytime were at MGM it pous it down

iHEARTflorida said:
omg same everytime were at MGM it pous it down
We were lucky, it only rained one time when we were at MGM.... now epcot is a different story... We even planned a day at MK and at last minute took the monorail to Epcot..........we were soaked through!! :rotfl:

your trip report is outstanding!
where oh where did you find kim possible and ron stoppable? and is rufus ever around?! (i didn't even know they were available in the parks!)
keep it coming!

osukristin227 said:
your trip report is outstanding!
where oh where did you find kim possible and ron stoppable? and is rufus ever around?! (i didn't even know they were available in the parks!)
keep it coming!

We were headed to see the Power Rangers and they were back there by where the Power Rangers and the CARS come out. They were standing all by themselves, I don't think anyone knew who they were. We went up with no line whatsoever. As we stood there and saw the CARS come out I felt sorry for Kim Possible because she looked bored, NO ONE went over. Eventually they left. ..couldn't believe it!
Lesley

Thanks to everyone who continues to post positive things to me about the reports, my DH, my kids, and the photos on a daily basis. It is more encouraging than you could imagine. I will post the next installment later today. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks again, just gotta love the Dis!!!

Lesley

Hi, I am loving your trip report!! Very well written. I feel like I right there with ya!! I too have small children so I know how it is when there not feeling "just right"!! I can't wait to read more. It's getting me excited about my upcoming trip this July 14-18th. Although it will just be me and my DH. Kind of a mini-summer vacation for the grown ups!! :banana:

Darnit. I got all involved in yet another trip report that's not done. LOL I thought for sure with this many pages on the thread that it was completed! *insert little pout here*

I really like your trip report!
Your husband is very thoughtful and actually follows thru with those "thoughts". LOL My husband can be thoughtful but he wouldn't have a CLUE how to do the things your husband did. I have to say there's no way I'd trust him to check us in- even without any requests he'd just take whatever wherever. No clue. LOL And no WAY he'd be able to call back every ADR (and ones changed too) to change them to 6 ppl instead of 4. :rotfl:

Oh poor Kim Possible! :guilty: I know my kids would have recognized them and ran over there! I bet my son would even go over there (he has an aversion, for awhile now, to taking pictures with "girls"- but he likes the cartoon and likes Ron Stoppable. LOL) He probably would be asking where Rufus is too. HAHA Maybe he could carry a pretend (stuffed character) one sticking out of his backpack or something... LOL Those are great finds- Power Rangers, Kim Possible and the Cars! I just know they won't be there by the time we go again- in 2yrs. wahhhhhhh

Can't wait to hear the rest of your trip report. Thanks for posting it. Love the pictures too. Your wee ones are just SO precious!

Thanks for great trip report! Your kids are so cute, it reminds me of when my kids were that age. They grow up so fast! It sounds like you're really enjoying your family and sharing WDW with them. What a bummer that they got sick, but I'm glad it didn't last long. Keep on writing, it's just making me more anxious to do WDW again! :thumbsup2

GREAT report so far - I love all your pics! Your children are so cute - Luke is absolutely precious. Glad to hear that your birthday, although not vomit-free, was still wonderful! And I don't know why, but it always rains when we are at MGM too, and it's always the hottest at AK! :sunny: Thanks for the great report, you are getting me very psyched for my trip this week! :thumbsup2 Oh, and happy belated bday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter