10 days for me- but may be switching roommates in the middle

Lizboo

Travel Nut
Hello everyone...I am going to WDW this September for 10 days with a girlfriend...who may or may not be able to stay the entire time...and if she doesn't, another friend may take her place...literally the same day

How do we make this work...they would each need their own magic band...they say everyone in the same room needs the same ticket...I was going to get the 5 days and then add on days to my ticket

Is this even possible?

Oh and can you associate more than one credit card to magic bands?

TIA
Elizabeth

they say everyone in the same room needs the same ticket...I was going to get the 5 days and then add on days to my ticket

Yup.
Buy the minimum length ticket (for everyone) to suit the guest(s) who will be there the shortest time.
You can then upgrade your ticket after you use it to enter a theme park at least one time.

BTW, the "everyone must have the same kind of ticket" rule ONLY applies if you will be buying
a WDW Resort PACKAGE that includes the room and the tickets, together.

If you are buying tickets separately from the room, there is no ticket rule.

and how do we manage the switch of my friends??
Why don't you just buy a separate, not packaged, ticket for friend #2? She can use the ticket for park entrances and FPs.

Have friend #1 leave her MB for friend #2 to use for the room door if you think #2 needs to have it.

Why don't you just buy a separate, not packaged, ticket for friend #2? She can use the ticket for park entrances and FPs.

Have friend #1 leave her MB for friend #2 to use for the room door if you think #2 needs to have it.
that was what I was thinking of doing....sounds like the least amount of hassle...thank you

Make a room res for 10 days, but yourself and friend 1 5 day tickets. When friend 2 arrives they buy their ticket. You can add days on to your ticket anytime after entering a park.

If you're just doing a room only reservation, CALL Disney and give the arrival and departure dates for each guest. And make sure each is signed up for ME. Separately, buy tickets for each person according to their needs and add the tickets to MDE. You only run into problems with ticket lengths if the tickets are part of a package. So, don't make a package reservation.

Make a room res for 10 days, but yourself and friend 1 5 day tickets. When friend 2 arrives they buy their ticket. You can add days on to your ticket anytime after entering a park.
Friend #2 should buy her ticket in advance, if at all possible.

that was what I was thinking of doing....sounds like the least amount of hassle...thank you
You can always link another MB to your MDE Profile for your friend #2 to use for the door. Cheaper than adding a 3rd adult to the room.

Well, you wouldn't be able to make fp+ for her this way nor would you be able to arrange DME in advance for her to receive luggage tags, but you can add her to your reservation for the days she will be there at the concierge desk at your resort. You can also take your other friend off for those dates which will prevent you from having to pay the extra adult fee.

Well, you wouldn't be able to make fp+ for her this way nor would you be able to arrange DME in advance for her to receive luggage tags, but you can add her to your reservation for the days she will be there at the concierge desk at your resort. You can also take your other friend off for those dates which will prevent you from having to pay the extra adult fee.
She can book her fastpasses 30 days out as long as she has tickets.

In all honesty, I would just make 2 separate 5 day reservations. It's not like the room gets cheaper once you start adding more days.

Because friend #2 would be listed on the MDE and have her tickets linked, she benefits from the OP's 60-day booking window. Anyone who is listed in the Family/Friends section enjoys the same onsite booking privileges.

If you buy one 10 day hopper vs two 5 day hoppers, and they shared the ticket/band, you (or they) would save $340. Is it unethical and against the rules? Yes. Do others do it? I'm sure they do.

If you buy one 10 day hopper vs two 5 day hoppers, and they shared the ticket/band, you (or they) would save $340. Is it unethical and against the rules? Yes. Do others do it? I'm sure they do.
The biometric scan is linked directly to the ticket. Multi-day tickets can't be shared but the MagicBand can be shared to open the room door. And if the separately linked ticket is linked to the same Profile, the MagicBand can be used for park entry. A new biometric scan gets linked to the new, separately linked ticket.

Ahhhh... yes, the biometric scan. Oops - I forgot about that. Never mind me folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter