• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 day non expiration passes

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
How many of you are buying the 10 day non expiration passes? I am thinking of saving in my vacation fund account, which has just been cleaned out, and once I get the amount for a pass keep buying until I have 5. Is anyone else doing this? Once you have the passes it would take a big bite out of paying for a vacation.

We have done this for our past couple of trips. And we just ordered 10 day non expiring tickets for our upcoming trip. Those passes will probably last us into our 3rd trip! :cool1:

Slightly off topic:

10 day non-expiring passes are great for multiple short trips.

But one caution, 9 and 10 day trips (and 8 day trips without leftover plusses) may be better done with expiring passes. The $107. cost of non-expiration for a 10 day (or 9 day or 8 day) pass is a big chunk of change when only a day or two needs to be preserved.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

We got them for our trips in Dec and April ... I love that if the weather is bad or one of us gets sick there is no "pressure" to goto the parks, we just save it for another day and with us there will be another day and another day and another day ... hahahahahaha We got the majic plus hopping that way we really have more ... if we want to goto Blizzard Beach one day and Disneyquest that night we are using two of our majic visits but none of our day park visits. It also works great for trips that we have "parties" with too ... we really do not like going to a park all day and then to MNSSHP or MVMCP that night, it is almost too much ...
Bronte

We're only planning on going into the parks 2 or 3 days this trip, but we bought the 10 day passes to keep for the future. We didn't get the Plus option because we still have those options left from our last passes.

Having the passes will encourage us to return soon, I hope. :rolleyes:

I got lots of great responses when I was considering extending our tickets to non-exp 10 days. If you plan to go back, it's a great deal. We've decided to get the 7 day instead because $$ wise, there is a $200+ difference & 7 days would cover this trip & one in the future. Seemed like a good compromise for us. If you'll go & have the funds, 10 days will definitely be cheaper now then years future.

We are also doing this for our Sept. trip even though we will only use 2-3 days at parks. The cost per day was so much lower, and like others mentioned, we will use it for 1 or 2 other trips and it will be nice not to have to buy tickets for those.

We did this in July... we also bought the hopper/plus options because we know we'll use them. We have 5 park days and 3 pluses left. Going in Oct for a long weekend during MNSSHP- tix for the party don't require us to use a day on our hoppers there. We'll use 2 park days and 1 plus. We'll have 3 days and 2 plusses left... enough left for a 3rd trip.
I think it's a great option if you aren't spending everyday in the parks, otherwise an expiry pass for the length of your stay (assuming it's a week or more) or an AP for multiple trips/year is better. HTH

laurabelle said:
We did this in July... we also bought the hopper/plus options because we know we'll use them. We have 5 park days and 3 pluses left. Going in Oct for a long weekend during MNSSHP- tix for the party don't require us to use a day on our hoppers there. We'll use 2 park days and 1 plus. We'll have 3 days and 2 plusses left... enough left for a 3rd trip.
I think it's a great option if you aren't spending everyday in the parks, otherwise an expiry pass for the length of your stay (assuming it's a week or more) or an AP for multiple trips/year is better. HTH

Only to get it clear :cool1:

When you have a 7 day pass with 5 plusses does it mean you can go to the parks day 1-7 and to the waterparks day 8-12?

Greets from Germany Renate :wizard:

Renate_do said:
When you have a 7 day pass with 5 plusses does it mean you can go to the parks day 1-7 and to the waterparks day 8-12?

Absolutely! So you actually can work things out to 12 days of fun!!! :cheer2:

We bought them for our last trip and I'm so glad we did. For us, 10-day passes are good for 2 week-long trips (we always take a break from the parks mid-week to rest).

Anyway, money is tight right now but since we have the tickets already we're going to be able to squeeze in one more trip in January before my youngest turns 3 :cool1: It's also the last time we'll be able to vacation in value season without considering school schedules since my oldest starts school next August. We plan to rent a time-share offsite and should be able to go for a week for around $1,000. Can't wait!

I used to buy the annual pass and buy one every couple of months till it was time to go away. This year we got the 10 day no expire with park hopper. It saved us 249.00 for three passes then you have to factor in the paking.Disney went up to 9.00 per day!! Talk about gouging...there is no reason for this but I am off topic. If you do get them highly recommend getting them through Ticketmania. They will deliver for free but we picked them up as it was not a big deal and we got two free rounds of golf at Volcano Tiki Island. They also allowed us to buy a third round for 4.oo. You cannot play mini golf for 4.00 total with three people playing. Ticketmania has the lowest prices and be sure to sign up for Mousavers so you can get the extra discount. For us it came to an additional 9.00 but still better in my pocket than in Mickey's.

After going twice a year for the past two years, and buying 3-4 day tickets, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase 10 day/hopper/no expiration. Though it is a larger amount initially, we will end up saving in the long run. We usually only hit the parks 3 or 4 days in a 7 day trip.

Renate_do said:
Only to get it clear :cool1:

Greets from Germany Renate :wizard:

Just to clarify this slightly further (and certainly NOT trying to step on Beth's toes ;) ) yes, as BethR said, you CAN do this, but you don't HAVE to do this. You don't have to go to the parks for the first 7 days before you can use the plusses. Just want to make sure you understand that. You can use them in any order you want. You could do 1 plus if you wanted and not use the pass again for years, then just use 1 park day and wait again, etc., etc. You would have 7 separate park admissions and 5 separate plus admissions to use however and whenever you wanted.

BUT if you went to a park one day and then Pleasure Island that same night, it would use a park day AND a plus.

Hope that's not as clear as mud! :rotfl2:

My sister bought the 10 day with 5 plusses and plans to get about 5 trips out of it. We usually go for 5 nights, and hit Downtown Disney on our arrival afternoon. That leaves us four full days for our trip. We will do 2 park days, one day "off" at the resort pool, and one plus (Disney Quest or a water park) each trip, so it should last her 5 trips. What a bargain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter