10 AM Lion King, 10:30 Tusker House?

davkata

Mouseketeer
Too close to consider making it? If we sit in the rear and leave right at the end? They appear pretty close in proximity.

Depending on crowd levels, I think it would work. Tusker House is within 100 yards of FOTLK, so I think you would be ok

They are very close together, but you might be a couple minutes late for your reservation. I think there is usually a grace period of 10 minutes, so you'll most likely be fine.

OK, thanks! A couple minutes late I wouldn't feel too bad about. We can even leave the show a few minutes early. However, last year we got stuck on a broken down Test Track and were over 30 minutes late for our dinner in Morocco. We literally ran all the way there and were sweating and catching our breath when we arrived (tried to call while still sitting on the track in a stalled vehicle, but could only get the main line #, not direct to the restaurant) Anyway, the CM that greeted us as I profusely apologized immediately said "Oh, not to worry madam, please relax, catch your breath, this is Disney World, it's OK" I will try to switch to a 10:45, giving me a bigger cushion, though. Thanks again all!

I would do a 10:40/10:45 reservation just to be safe. Sometimes it can take a while just to exit the show.

OK, thanks! A couple minutes late I wouldn't feel too bad about. We can even leave the show a few minutes early. However, last year we got stuck on a broken down Test Track and were over 30 minutes late for our dinner in Morocco. We literally ran all the way there and were sweating and catching our breath when we arrived (tried to call while still sitting on the track in a stalled vehicle, but could only get the main line #, not direct to the restaurant) Anyway, the CM that greeted us as I profusely apologized immediately said "Oh, not to worry madam, please relax, catch your breath, this is Disney World, it's OK" I will try to switch to a 10:45, giving me a bigger cushion, though. Thanks again all!

Leaving the show before the end is a bit more difficult than you think. You'll need a Cast Member to assist if the show is still going on and during finale with all performers on stage.

Better choice might be to inform Cast Member when you're being seated and maybe they can seat you in a place that will gain you quickest departure once the show is over.

Regardless, your Tusker House ADR will be honored for at least 10-15 minutes, so you really won't be late anyway. Under the worst conditions, it does not take 10 minutes to leave the show and get to Tusker House.

... inform Cast Member when you're being seated and maybe they can seat you in a place that will gain you quickest departure once the show is over.

Regardless, your Tusker House ADR will be honored for at least 10-15 minutes, so you really won't be late anyway. Under the worst conditions, it does not take 10 minutes to leave the show and get to Tusker House.

this is good advice. DS and I do FOTLK and Tusker ALOT. I think you will have no problem making 10:30am (unless you have some slow to move along people in your group - not sure but gathering a stroller might take some time??). But it is easy enough (usually) to change Tusker to 10:45am.

After having done some mad dashes in my time at Disney, I think I would opt for just bumping Tusker House back to 10:45 here, which will give you plenty of time. 10:30 is probably doable, but I am always down for having a couple of extra minutes just in case things don't go smoothly.

Too close to consider making it? If we sit in the rear and leave right at the end? They appear pretty close in proximity.

Sitting at the rear for FOTLK would put you exiting last, not first.

To be one of the first to exit, you would need to get there super early and sit as close to the front as possible.

That being said, FOTLK is about 30 minutes so you can make it to Tusker House, but you will be late. They usually extend a grace period, but it is not guaranteed.

We did the same thing and were fine. I suggest sitting in the warthog section maybe? They are closer to the exit. We got bogged down with crowds and we were at the back of the theater. Our ADR was 10:30 as well and they said nothing when we signed in at 10:38. The theater is right there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter