10 Adults - Best resort?

KLRoo

Earning My Ears
Hello and thanks for having such an awesome forum - this is my first post! I am organizing a trip for 10 adults to visit WDW in December 2008. We are thinking Moderate (it would be 4 people per room, so 3 total rooms needed), but wouldn't mind a home-away-from-home for a similar cost.

Can anyone recommend a resort for us?

Thanks in advance - we're hoping to book in the next month or so!
KLRoo and friends
:banana:
:grouphug:

10 adults in double beds is going to be tight. I would think I would go for a deluxe for the queen size beds and the additional single bed in some of rooms but I am a brat about my sleeping space. The POR Alligator Bayou has a pull out bed in the room so that would be an option. The Carrribbean Beach has the largest rooms. I would do a little more investigating in reference to what you think the group would enjoy. Will you have cars or will you be using Disney transportation? Do you think you will be spending alot of time at Pleasure Island? If that is the case you may want to stay at one of the Disney good neighbor resorts. Good Luck planning.

The only on site villa that would fit your group would be a DVC Grand Villa. But if you are not a DVC member, you won't get one.

Are all these adults going to be sharing beds? Many of the deluxe resorts will sleep five with two queen beds and one day bed (about twin sized).

it is kinda late to be getting Dec at a DVC resort.

so would only recommend OKW or SSR - they have the most rooms.

AKV would be nice if you can get it.

VWL, BCV and BWV will cost more.

OKW has 2 queen beds in their studios.

all the others have queen bed and double sleeper sofa.

For the price of 3 Deluxe rooms, you could find out about renting a Villa at one of the DVC rooms. A 2-bedroom sleeps 8 and you could add on a studio which can sleep 2 -4. The 2-bedroom will have a living room, kitchen and laundry. They are really nice. Old Key West has HUGE rooms.

If you'll be at pleasure island a lot, like someone else said - the disney good neighbor resorts might be good, or SSR (I believe you can walk from PI???)

How about beach club, boardwalk, or the Swan or Dolphin... the nightlife at the boardwalk might be nice for all you adults, and you can walk or boat to 2 parks - epcot and mgm. and you'll have tons of restaurant choices all w/in walking distance.

I think we could have fit 4 adults comfortably in CBR. Their rooms are slightly larger than the other moderates. You will just have to take turns for the one bathroom.:scared1: We really enjoyed CBR. You can check out my 06 pictures below.

That's a tough one. I like my space, so I'd say 5 rooms at a Value, everyone would have their own bed.
But I like colleen's idea of renting a 2-bedroom + a studio better, if you can afford it.

Personally I wouldn't put 4 adults in 1 room at a mod. We'll be 4 adults in April and decided to go Value; the resort won't be as fancy, but we won't have to take turns in the bathroom and everyone will sleep comfortably.

Well first of all, WELCOME to the DIS!!!:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

If a moderate is what you are looking for, we love Port Orleans French Quarter. It's small & compact, so it's easy to get everywhere here. Plus there is a boat launch to DTD. We've had 2-4 adults in a room here before and it was fine. Plus, how much time are you really spending in the room to begin with?

If you are looking to spend a little more, then I would recommend the Wilderness Lodge. This is a great resort.

We are doing BWV, for our trip in November will be 5 adults. We got a 2 bedroom on these boards for 5 nights. I like the idea of 2 bedrooms a room you can sit and chat in instead of sitting on your beds to hang out Plus you have a bedroom seperately, much more room. I choose Boardwalk for its location near both parks you can walk to them, there is a ton going on for adults down at the boardwalk plus you have 4 other hotels within walking distance, Swan, Dolphin, Beach Club & Yacht Club. Check out the DVC rentals in this website.
I stayed at CBR this past November 2 rooms we were 5 adult women. We managed, but 5 women in 2 bathrooms. It was a lovely resort I would not hesitate to stay there again with maybe 2 or 3 in a room.

I'd get a grand villa at one of the DVC resorts. These sleep up to 12 and are absolutely beautiful!!

However, as I stated earlier, she'll never get one in December if she isn't a member. The odds are, they are probably already booked.

Also, for every adult over two in the room, you'll be paying an extra adult fee. Maybe $25 a night in a deluxe, $20 a night in a moderate. That's per adult over two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter