• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10:30 pm arrival -1 night at MCO or elsewhere?

twinsmomvj

Mouseketeer
We have a Windsor Hills home booked, but now we are thinking about changing our flight to arrive the night before (10:30 pm arrival w/ 5 year old twins). I plan to do priceline/hotwire to find a cheap rate for that night. Should I look at hotels near the airport or closer to WDW? Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated! :) TIA!

near airport - unless you know where you are going. don't want to get lost with kids in the car.

I also vote for the airport. There are a lot of nice hotels won on Priceline?hotwire close to the airport with some having a free shuttle. We do this always on arrival night. It is nice as we just shuttle to the hotel and DH runs back to the airport to pick up the car in the am...It can be a long ride in the dark when you are tired to WDW...

near airport - unless you know where you are going. don't want to get lost with kids in the car.

I also vote for the airport. There are a lot of nice hotels won on Priceline?hotwire close to the airport with some having a free shuttle. We do this always on arrival night. It is nice as we just shuttle to the hotel and DH runs back to the airport to pick up the car in the am...It can be a long ride in the dark when you are tired to WDW...

:thumbsup2

If you can stay at the Hyatt in the airport. It is great when arriving late to just pick up your luggage and go to your room. We stay there when ever arriving late.

we have stayed at the hyatt, loved its convenience. but, we also arrived a bit late last year - more like 9 p.m. and went straight to windsor hills. booked that an extra night - while the kids slept, i hit the grocery store.:thumbsup2

Is it worth it to take a chance with priceline? We have 2 kids and I would hate to have them both sleeping on the floor! Has anyone ever had this problem since they don't guarantee 2 beds?

Carrie

We have done several Priceline rooms at the Airport in Orlando. We have received 2.5* and 3.0* and have not had a problem requesting 2 beds. Most hotels in Orlando are geared to family and I find that it is harder to get a King room than 2 doubles. As soon as the reservation is confirmed I have always called the Hotel and requested 2 beds.

However, I did have a problem at Holiday Inn in Gurnee, IL.....only allowed a King....never a problem at the other places we won in Gurnee....

Good Luck:thumbsup2

when we stayed at the hyatt, we requested two beds through hotwire. when we arrived for checkin we again requested 2 beds and asked for a runway view for the kids, and there was not problem. the staff was very accomodating.

Our friends did some research on this and it was cheapier to just get the room at disney(Value)resort then stay at the airport hotel....Just a thought

Someone here referenced the betterbidding website to get more information regarding bidding via priceline/hotwire, so I decided to check it out! I did a little reading and received some helpful advice and ultimately booked a room via hotwire (when you search for 2 adults, 2 kids, hotwire finds rooms to sleep 4, whereas priceline cannot guarantee this -though you can make requests directly to the hotel). I was able to book the Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport for $49 on 5/8/08. I'm pretty happy with that! :)

twinsmomvj

We have stayed at this hotel. It is nice and a great price at $49.....:thumbsup2

I think the Priceline by the airport idea is your best bet. Evening rental car lines can be quite long and we always do better when we arrive in the evening to just do the Priceline MCO thing....and do not be discouraged if you do not get the Hyatt inside the airport....all of the other 3* MCO venues through Priceline have excellent shuttle service. We used to do it because the we didn't want the kids having a meltdown....they are teens now and they joke we do it now so I won't have a meltdown!!

In fact last trip we stepped off the jetway into MCO at the gate at 11:10 PM and my DH swears I was asleep in our nice room at the Renaissance before midnight!! We have never had a problem getting 2 beds at any MCO hotel with a Priceline booking and I would guess we have done it 25 or 30 times.

My vote is for staying at the Hyatt! We left after our wedding for our honeymoon in Disney. We arrived at 11:30pm and were super tired. It was so simple and easy to get our luggage and get in our room quickly. It would be the best choice with tired children to get in your room quickly and get a good nights sleep, so you can be ready for Disney the next day.

Whenever we arrive on a late flight, I Priceline either 3* or 2 1/2* hotels near MCO. We usually get the Marriott or Amerisuites, and I'm happy with those choices.

I originally booked at Quality Inn for 3/12/08 because we (the 5 of us) will be arriving near midnight and didn't want to pay the higher airfares for flying on 3/13 and an extra night of the rental car not going anywhere. Good thing Choice Hotels don't charge your CC, because I was able to hotwire a room at the Hyatt for $106 total.:thumbsup2

Anyway, sounds like we should still pick up our luggage before heading to the hotel or should we let the hotel get our bags (like it says on their website: http://orlandoairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/transportation/index.jsp )? If they bring our bags to us, what would be an appropriate tip?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter