• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10:30-10:45 pat

natmom

Mouseketeer
So I stayed up till midnight to get my PAT time. I chose the earliest available 10:30-10:45 , now I'm wondering if it is too early. We are so excited and want to get on the ship as early as possible. Can anyone tell me how long you have waited having this PAT?

So I stayed up till midnight to get my PAT time. I chose the earliest available 10:30-10:45 , now I'm wondering if it is too early. We are so excited and want to get on the ship as early as possible. Can anyone tell me how long you have waited having this PAT?

Why do you think it is too early? They usually start boarding about 11:30 and chances are you will get a very low boarding number so you don't have too long to wait. There is plenty to do and see in the PC terminal so I would not worry at all that you picked too early.

We prefer to be onboard as early as possible.

MJ

Why do you think it is too early? They usually start boarding about 11:30 and chances are you will get a very low boarding number so you don't have too long to wait. There is plenty to do and see in the PC terminal so I would not worry at all that you picked too early.

We prefer to be onboard as early as possible.

MJ

I had assumed earlier was better and then after I chose my time I looked at the older threads where a lot of people had said it was too early .

After reading your response you gave the me the reassurance I needed, thank you!

What is there to do and see in the PC terminal? :confused3
I kind of envisioned it as check in desk with a waiting room with a lot of chairs! :hyper:

We logged on at midnight to ours and got 11am, the earliest time shown. Guess it wasn't the earliest.... Still not unhappy with 11 tho....

We had an early PAT and showed up on time and were placed in boarding group 3. Unlike the airport there are not a lot of chairs to wait in, but like the airport there are a bunch of later boarding group people huddled around the gate waiting for their number to be called. It was the only time that I had to be "pushy" on the cruise.

What is there to do and see in the PC terminal? :confused3
I kind of envisioned it as check in desk with a waiting room with a lot of chairs! :hyper:

Not much at all to see/do in the terminal. There will be some characters and you can see part of the ship out the window.

britfish said:
How far out can you get your PAT?

It depends, we are silver so it was 90 days out for us. I think 75 days for first time cruisers, 125 days for platinum I think

TwinPrincessMermaids said:
We logged on at midnight to ours and got 11am, the earliest time shown. Guess it wasn't the earliest.... Still not unhappy with 11 tho....

I was surprised we got 10:30 because I was under the impression that 11 was the earliest

Are you on the Magic? If so, 11:00am is the earliest PAT and for the Dream/Fantasy it's 10:30am. This changed several months ago so unless they changed it back you are good. We cruised out of Port Canaveral on the Magic last month and are Gold and got the first PAT of 11:00am and also for our upcoming Fantasy cruise in April got the first PAT of 10:30am.

The reasoning I've read is since the Dream/Fantasy are larger and therefore have more passengers they bumped it up 30 minutes to help out whereas they left the Magic/Wonder as is for Port Canaveral.

Heather

I was surprised we got 10:30 because I was under the impression that 11 was the earliest

I think it was a few months ago that they changed to having 10:30 and 10:45 slots - at least in PC for the Dream-class ships.

Are you on the Magic? If so, 11:00am is the earliest PAT and for the Dream/Fantasy it's 10:30am. This changed several months ago so unless they changed it back you are good. We cruised out of Port Canaveral on the Magic last month and are Gold and got the first PAT of 11:00am and also for our upcoming Fantasy cruise in April got the first PAT of 10:30am.

The reasoning I've read is since the Dream/Fantasy are larger and therefore have more passengers they bumped it up 30 minutes to help out whereas they left the Magic/Wonder as is for Port Canaveral.

Heather

Thanks so much! I wondered.

We got the 10:30am PAT a few weeks ago and it was great! We arrived just after 10:30am, (maybe 10:35am) went thru security, checked in, got boarding number 3, waiting for 5 minutes to get the kid's club band (for our DS) , took a few photos and were one of the first to board when they opened the doors at 11:20am. We were on the pool deck before 11:30am enjoying a boarding ice cream cone! We took a ton of photos with an empty ship. It was wonderful. DS was even the 1st kid in the pool!

We got the 10:30am PAT a few weeks ago and it was great! We arrived just after 10:30am, (maybe 10:35am) went thru security, checked in, got boarding number 3, waiting for 5 minutes to get the kid's club band (for our DS) , took a few photos and were one of the first to board when they opened the doors at 11:20am. We were on the pool deck before 11:30am enjoying a boarding ice cream cone! We took a ton of photos with an empty ship. It was wonderful. DS was even the 1st kid in the pool!

Great! Thanks for your feedback !

Have a 11:30 for Wonder at miami. Taking a shuttle from airport hotel. They start them at 9:45, and go about every 30 minutes until everyone is transported. We need to sign up for the shuttle time when we check in. What time would you suggest? I think they just book you in the first in available. We will be there a day early so I think we could get the first one but would that be too early?

Have a 11:30 for Wonder at miami. Taking a shuttle from airport hotel. They start them at 9:45, and go about every 30 minutes until everyone is transported. We need to sign up for the shuttle time when we check in. What time would you suggest? I think they just book you in the first in available. We will be there a day early so I think we could get the first one but would that be too early?

No problem with being early in Miami, other than you may end up waiting while others board before you. The boarding number you'll receive at check-in is directly tied to the PAT, but 11:30 isn't that much later than the earliest of 11am so I think you'll be fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

Does Gold get a priority boarding # at the port or only platinum? We booked late for Magic and took earliest pat of 12:00pm which I am not happy about. We plan to arrive at 11am anyway.

Castaway Club Platinum level - 120 days prior to sailing
Gold - 105 days
Silver - 90 days
First time cruisers - 75 days

So as first time cruisers, we ship out on May 1st. We will be paid in full this Friday. What are the chances of us getting an early PAT? Do I need to stay up late and do it first thing at 12:01am to have the best chance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter