10/26/2013 - A Western Fantasy Halloween Cruise

Hi Mike,

We're booked on this cruise as well. We booked it on board our Dream B2B Halloween 2011.

We had also booked the Fantasy for Halloween 2012 but decided to cancel. For now, we've decided to keep this cruise (the cost isn't bad since we were able to book two years in advance).

I'm not sure we'll be participating in the FE this time - I think I'll wait a bit to see how many people / cabins sign up for it.

Trisha.

Hi Mike,

We're booked on this cruise as well. We booked it on board our Dream B2B Halloween 2011.

We had also booked the Fantasy for Halloween 2012 but decided to cancel. For now, we've decided to keep this cruise (the cost isn't bad since we were able to book two years in advance).

I'm not sure we'll be participating in the FE this time - I think I'll wait a bit to see how many people / cabins sign up for it.

Trisha.

Hi Trisha,

I remember you, welcome aboard. You were at the end of our hall on that cruise. We booked this one since we had fun on that Halloween cruise and the other cruise Itineraries just didn't jump out at us.

I can add you to the list and just not mark the exchanges until you decide. The list basically morphed into a Cruise List than just an FE list.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

We are booked on this cruise as well. I'm trying to keep it a secret from the kids for as long as my wife will let me. We'd love to be part of the FE, so I will send over a message when I get home from work. :rolleyes1 Our first cruise was a 4-night on the Dream, :banana: and I am looking forward to having more time on-board. :cool1:

Welcome to the cruise. I added you to the FE. It should be a fun cruise, as Halloween will be celebrated on this cruise as well.

We are booked on this cruise as well. I'm trying to keep it a secret from the kids for as long as my wife will let me. We'd love to be part of the FE, so I will send over a message when I get home from work. :rolleyes1 Our first cruise was a 4-night on the Dream, :banana: and I am looking forward to having more time on-board. :cool1:

I can't wait! We are looking forward to this trip. Has anyone been on a Western Caribbean cruise before? This will be our first and any tips would be appreciated. Specifically "formal" night. We are typically not formal people.
Thanks!

I can't wait! We are looking forward to this trip. Has anyone been on a Western Caribbean cruise before? This will be our first and any tips would be appreciated. Specifically "formal" night. We are typically not formal people.
Thanks!

This will be our second Western Caribbean cruise (our first, is the Fantasy MV this month).

Formal is not quite what it use to be. A lot of folks, still wear tuxes but most now only wear suits (not enough luggage allowance anymore) or "Sunday best" wear.

I'd consider tuxedo's for the 3 guys, :rolleyes1 and my DD will probably be hitting Bippity Boppity Boutique on the Formal night. :bride: But if suits will do then maybe I can get away with those. You'll have to let us all know how the cruise is this month. I bet you're excited!:banana: I know I'd be. :rotfl2:

I'd consider tuxedo's for the 3 guys, :rolleyes1 and my DD will probably be hitting Bippity Boppity Boutique on the Formal night. :bride: But if suits will do then maybe I can get away with those. You'll have to let us all know how the cruise is this month. I bet you're excited!:banana: I know I'd be. :rotfl2:

Oh Yeah, We cannot wait for that cruise.... :cool1:

I'm a little surprised there aren't more people signing up for this sailing. :confused3 I know it's still quite a bit of time before we sail, but I though for sure we would have more people signing up. I guess it won't be too bad with an empty ship. :rotfl2: I made myself laugh at that one.
What excursions are people looking at doing? Any suggestions for a new Western Caribbean cruising family?

I'm a little surprised there aren't more people signing up for this sailing. :confused3 I know it's still quite a bit of time before we sail, but I though for sure we would have more people signing up. I guess it won't be too bad with an empty ship. :rotfl2: I made myself laugh at that one.
What excursions are people looking at doing? Any suggestions for a new Western Caribbean cruising family?

If past experience is correct, we will not have an empty ship - it will fill up completely. It's probably just a little early.

At least there is plenty of time to research the ports to figure out what you want to do at each one. I'm doing the Western Caribbean this October on another cruise line so I think on the Fantasy, we'll end up spending more time on the ship than planning excursions.

Hey everyone, we will be on this cruise also. We had booked a dummy date on our last cruise (Eastern Caribbean) in October 11 and have just switched to this one.

We are me, Joh (short for Joanne), DH Gary and DS Daniel, who will be 10 (almost 11). We are hoping that friends who we met on our last cruise will also switch to this one.

I can't wait to sail on the Fantasy, although I'm concerned abut some of the problems which have been occurring on the Dream, such as the lack of space at the adult pool. We have booked main dining this time - having always done late dining in the past, will be interesting to see how this works for us.

We probably won't be participating in FE exchanges since we don't have the room in our baggage, travelling from the UK and all. On our last cruise, we did a candy/chocolate exchange on the first day (combined with the DIS meet), where we all brought candy from our home town/states. It was really fun and worked out great. If anyone would be interested, it might be fun to do this again.

If past experience is correct, we will not have an empty ship - it will fill up completely. It's probably just a little early.

At least there is plenty of time to research the ports to figure out what you want to do at each one. I'm doing the Western Caribbean this October on another cruise line so I think on the Fantasy, we'll end up spending more time on the ship than planning excursions.

The little bit I wrote about an empty ship was a poor attempt at humor. I don't expect the ship to be empty. :)

Hey everyone, we will be on this cruise also. We had booked a dummy date on our last cruise (Eastern Caribbean) in October 11 and have just switched to this one.

We are me, Joh (short for Joanne), DH Gary and DS Daniel, who will be 10 (almost 11). We are hoping that friends who we met on our last cruise will also switch to this one.

I can't wait to sail on the Fantasy, although I'm concerned abut some of the problems which have been occurring on the Dream, such as the lack of space at the adult pool. We have booked main dining this time - having always done late dining in the past, will be interesting to see how this works for us.

We probably won't be participating in FE exchanges since we don't have the room in our baggage, travelling from the UK and all. On our last cruise, we did a candy/chocolate exchange on the first day (combined with the DIS meet), where we all brought candy from our home town/states. It was really fun and worked out great. If anyone would be interested, it might be fun to do this again.

Welcome aboard!

Hi everyone, my family just switched our booking to this cruise. Joh with her power of persuasion (and bribery of chocolate;)) convinced us to change from the Western on Oct. 12. We are Char(me) dh Nate, ds Corey-24 and his gf Julia-26, dd Cassie- 21, ds Evan-16, ds Luke-9 and ds Gabe-7. While we were switching our booking Nate and I decided maybe we should do a b2b so we are sending all the kids home and enjoying the second part to ourselves:cloud9: We've always wanted to cruise with Disney on our own but the guilt factor always won out. Doing it this way lessens the guilt factor. This will be our 3rd cruise with Disney and we have cruised once with Carnival and have another one coming up this Oct. I am so pumped about doing a b2b AND we snagged the same room for the second cruise so we won't have to pack up:thumbsup2

Recently got off of our Dream cruise and looking forward to another Halloween Cruise! (we cruised Halloween in 2010 on the Magic)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter