10/25 MNSSHP, ride focused, in what order?

kdnmom

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I would love it if you oh-so-helpful DIS party veterans could help me with my last-minute touring plan for MNSSHP this Thursday.

We are Disney World near-veterans with 3 boys 11, 6, and almost 5. We live a couple of hours away and are driving in just for the party. Since we're there for just the one night this trip, we do want to do a bunch of the rides, while also doing some of the party stuff. In particular, I'm wondering about the timing of the longer-line rides, specifically Splash, Big Thunder, Space, Peter Pan, and (since it's MNSSHP) Haunted Mansion. Also, I understand that the new Fantasyland, including the Little Mermaid ride, should be open during the party, but not before, is that correct? I imagine, then, that we should be there right at 7 for the shortest line for LM, and less crowds in the new section.

If we get in at 4, what will the lines for those rides I listed be like? Will we be able to obtain Fastpasses with Party tickets? Will the lines for those be shorter before or after 7, or about the same? I was thinking that HM, in particular, might be shorter before the official start of the party.

Our other priority will be a photo with Mickey/Minnie in their costumes. Any thoughts as to the best time to do this? It's so out of the way, being right at the front of the park, that the time just to get there and back may be a pain. I also might want to try to fit in one of the "magic" photos by Haunted Mansion. Any best times for this?

Also, we'll want to watch the parade and fireworks. I've read that the second parade is less crowded, correct? And if the fireworks are at 9:30, maybe we should wait to go to the new Fantasyland until closer to that time, since I understand that it's a good place for viewing fireworks, between the castles... Ugh, just don't know how best to plan.:confused:

Finally, we'll have to fit in a quick dinner before the party starts. What time will Columbia Harbour House close?

Thanks in advance for any input!!!

ooh, we'll be there that day too! i'm interested to hear what people suggest for you. i don't know the answers to all of your questions, but i can tell you that i've read that fast passes are not available during the party (7pm-midnight) but would still be available before 7 (if any are left that is). hope that helps!

Thanks, raraavis.

I also read on EasyWDW that you have to specifically have your party tickets changed over to hard card-type tickets in order to be able to use the fastpass machines (from 4p-7p). I'm wondering now if it's even worth using time to do that, if fastpasses are going to be gone anyway, or if lines will be short enough that we won't really need them.

If you are there for just the rides then make sure to start with btmr and splash and work your way around back. Those always have the largest wait times that I have seen. The parade route will start over in tthat area also so tou can see it and then when its done you can hit pirates...make your way to the center to watch hallowishes then cross ocer to tommorland and hit space mountain then you and the kids can dance with goofy and pluto. If there is more time head back to fantasy land and go one dumbo and barnstormer and pick up more candy in the way.... at least thats what I would do

Thanks, raraavis.

I also read on EasyWDW that you have to specifically have your party tickets changed over to hard card-type tickets in order to be able to use the fastpass machines (from 4p-7p). I'm wondering now if it's even worth using time to do that, if fastpasses are going to be gone anyway, or if lines will be short enough that we won't really need them.

since we're staying onsite, we are probably going to try to change our paper tickets (aka, e-tickets) over to the hard plastic ones before we go to the party. but i'm not doing it for fastpass reasons (i don't think fastpasses will be necessary between 4-7). i am changing the paper tickets over for scrapbooking purposes.

Thanks for the input, disneycouple.

Raraavis, I hope you're right about not needing fastpasses! Hope you have a great night!

At the sold out party on 10/18 fast passes for Peter Pan were gone before 5pm. At that time the posted wait time was 45 minutes but we got through in just over 30 min. After the parade we saw a posted wait time of 25 minutes.

My coworker that attended the same night said BTM was walk on most of the evening. They rode 8 times.

Enjoy!

kdnmom said:
Hi All,

I would love it if you oh-so-helpful DIS party veterans could help me with my last-minute touring plan for MNSSHP this Thursday.

We are Disney World near-veterans with 3 boys 11, 6, and almost 5. We live a couple of hours away and are driving in just for the party. Since we're there for just the one night this trip, we do want to do a bunch of the rides, while also doing some of the party stuff. In particular, I'm wondering about the timing of the longer-line rides, specifically Splash, Big Thunder, Space, Peter Pan, and (since it's MNSSHP) Haunted Mansion. Also, I understand that the new Fantasyland, including the Little Mermaid ride, should be open during the party, but not before, is that correct? I imagine, then, that we should be there right at 7 for the shortest line for LM, and less crowds in the new section.

If we get in at 4, what will the lines for those rides I listed be like? Will we be able to obtain Fastpasses with Party tickets? Will the lines for those be shorter before or after 7, or about the same? I was thinking that HM, in particular, might be shorter before the official start of the party.

Our other priority will be a photo with Mickey/Minnie in their costumes. Any thoughts as to the best time to do this? It's so out of the way, being right at the front of the park, that the time just to get there and back may be a pain. I also might want to try to fit in one of the "magic" photos by Haunted Mansion. Any best times for this?

Also, we'll want to watch the parade and fireworks. I've read that the second parade is less crowded, correct? And if the fireworks are at 9:30, maybe we should wait to go to the new Fantasyland until closer to that time, since I understand that it's a good place for viewing fireworks, between the castles... Ugh, just don't know how best to plan.:confused:

Finally, we'll have to fit in a quick dinner before the party starts. What time will Columbia Harbour House close?

My daughter and I attended last Thursday's MNSSHP on 10/18. We enjoyed it so much that I just bought 4 tickets for the 10/25 party. I'll try to answer some of your questions, although our main concentration was not rides.

Regarding Splash, we left the Dwarf's line at 7:05 and I noticed the stand by line at Splash was 5 minutes. I heard a boy exclaim to his Mom, "only 5 minutes, let's go", but she said no we are not wasting our time on rides.

We went on Haunted Mansion at 11:00 with a 5 minute wait. I noticed earlier in the evening around a 20 minute wait. The line for the ghost photo was about 5 families long at 11:00.

We went on Little Mermaid (my 18 yr old daughter's favorite new ride) 3 times with no wait right before the fireworks started.

We got in line for Minnie and Mickey at 10:00 and waited 5 minutes. We found a good spot for the second parade at this end of Main Street after seeing Minnie & Mickey.

Hi All,

The new Mermaid ride is suppose to be open during the party? That's so cool!! We'll be there on the 25th too. I hope there's lots of people in lines for pics, so the ride lines are shorter!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter