10/24/2009 Bash on the Boat - Thread #2 (of 20?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy his is adorable. I love that whole innocent just curious about the world aspect with babies. :hug:

Brag away, he's positively precious!:goodvibes

Andy his is adorable. I love that whole innocent just curious about the world aspect with babies. :hug:

It's a true miracle that Charlie was even born, his mother nearly died a few years ago from cancer, it was touch and go for several months, but she pulled through, and then she had this miracle. We got to meet Charlie for the first time this past November, when we were in Florida.

Here's a pic of me holding Charlie in November.

2303797250026317863S600x600Q85.jpg

Looks like little Charlie's pinky is blue from Uncle Andy being wrapped around it so tight.;) Although I can wait to be a grandma for a little while, I love being an Aunt. My niece Riane is 3 and at that age where she can talk your ear off and is so funny. I also have a nephew that is 10 and I am also very close to him. He is at that age where he thinks he can sass his mom and dad, but not in front of me oh no that doesn't happen. My son though has become something of a mentor for him, and Devin (my son) tries to go and see him at least once a month and do "guy" things with him.

OK, so I'm going to brag a little here tonight. I just received some pics from my youngest brother Pete of his youngest son Charlie. Charlie was born this past July 30th and this was my favorite pic from the set.

GEDC0644.jpg

:cloud9: Just beautiful! He has such a wonderment in his eyes. The world is his oyster.

I know what you mean Becky, although Hazel and I are at the stage in our lives where we look forward to being grandparents, we are willing to wait a few more years for that. ;)

I've been up since about 4:30 this morning, so I'm calling it a night :faint: see everyone in the morning.............:wave2:

OK, so I'm going to brag a little here tonight. I just received some pics from my youngest brother Pete of his youngest son Charlie. Charlie was born this past July 30th and this was my favorite pic from the set.

GEDC0644.jpg

Awwwww what a cutie pie :o :flower: :lovestruc

I was just looking at the logo thingy....should I get rid of the "Are you?" part of it????

I'm not even sure where that came from, it just kinda came to me when I was creating it :confused3 :rotfl:

Let me know if I should keep it or get rid of it.

Off to watch Sara Connor Chronicles :happytv:

Night :wave2:

Good morning everybody:goodvibes

Lazy start to the day for me - No school for Ellis today - schools are shut in England - some teachers etc are on strike. I've ended up agreeing to have his mates over this afternoon:rolleyes: - I have paracetamol ready.

Task for today - we have to make a poster about Patch our hamster for a badge for Beavers. I'm off to research syberian hamsters:rolleyes:

Can Food Orders be placed the night before or will they be denied?.....:rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: f.o. sneak!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Since we want to minimize the fluff on this board, do we want to start a Bobaloser board on the WISH board? Or are we ok with the way things are now?

Whats the wish board?

Karen, you look just as excited as Ellis in your family's pic.:woohoo: [/SIZE]

I think I was more excited:rolleyes1 - I was just ready to burst in that terminal:yay: :yay:

It's a true miracle that Charlie was even born, his mother nearly died a few years ago from cancer, it was touch and go for several months, but she pulled through, and then she had this miracle. We got to meet Charlie for the first time this past November, when we were in Florida.

Here's a pic of me holding Charlie in November.

2303797250026317863S600x600Q85.jpg

He's a real cutie Andy:cutie:

I was just looking at the logo thingy....should I get rid of the "Are you?" part of it????

I'm not even sure where that came from, it just kinda came to me when I was creating it :confused3 :rotfl:

Let me know if I should keep it or get rid of it.

Off to watch Sara Connor Chronicles :happytv:

Night :wave2:

I vote keep it. I think it's catchy.

"Were all out fluff were so lost without it"...:rolleyes1

Well, I'm volunteering today, then laundry, then driving Emily to swim practice, then getting a call from Rob, then watching Biggest Loser.....

Fluffy enough?:rotfl: unfortunately fluff is my life in a nutshell

I'm off for the morning; have a great day everyone!more fluff but I am done for a little bit

(Seriously, I think we can all agree that 'fluff' is f.o.'s and runs for milestones......Fluff is not our posts about our days/lives. I'm pretty sure that that is what was meant we we first brought up the subject. Agree?):goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Am only teasing Voodoo lady i think it's very important we know who's retaining water and who's suffering with Farmer Giles on a daily basis....:rolleyes1

Seriously, I think we can all agree that 'fluff' is f.o.'s and runs for milestones......Fluff is not our posts about our days/lives. I'm pretty sure that that is what was meant we we first brought up the subject. Agree?:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Agree...........:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

This was my second post and the 5th post on this thread. Read the red section. Any thoughts on setting up an "important info" thread?

Leave this and all subsequent threads to our normal chatter (the stuff we've all come to love and use to get to know each other). It actually may be beneficial for newbies when we start new threads. They won't feel lost and can start new with us.

Glad to see you Nancy and Andy.

This closing at 250 pages is going to cause several threads up there for the same date, with just the new one accessable. I just hope the leave the old one viewable. I think, however, that we may want to cut and past the important stuff here on BOB-2. Never know what next steps they will take.

With almost 20 months left, and the rate we post, it could be 20+ threads for us. We will do about 1 a month at the rate we're going - unless we decided to slow it down.

So, are we looking to keep this open as long as possible or should we see how quickly we can get closed. :rotfl:

Maybe we should start a "links" thread and only include the stuff we link to. If someone posts it on the thread, we can copy it to that thread and have it linked to in the first thread. What do you guys think?

We'll have to make sure people don't just start posting on that one and we'll spell it out in the first post and maybe in the title. Also give a link back in the first post to the current active thread. This way we will always have an active thread with the important info.

Jeff, the only problem I see with that is, each cruise can only have one active thread. If a second thread was started for this cruise, the mods would combine the two threads together anyhow, I've seen this done already.

I'm off for the morning; have a great day everyone!more fluff but I am done for a little bit

(Seriously, I think we can all agree that 'fluff' is f.o.'s and runs for milestones......Fluff is not our posts about our days/lives. I'm pretty sure that that is what was meant we we first brought up the subject. Agree?):goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I agree.

The F.O., which I thought I tried to stop on B.O.B. 1 (although I was as much of a problem going for and blocking them), should just fall by the side of the road at this point.

As for milestones, with only 3,750 posts, there really isn't many milestones. You can only have 3 per thread. Kind of pointless to run for them then. (although to snag the 3,750th post on each thread could be a fun contest - even though we'll go a few past it, we would know who to blame for it getting locked :rotfl2: ).

I say we post as normal, don't try for any solo pages as well, and have the fun we've all come to enjoy. :thumbsup2

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter