"10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints Looking for Serenity Now!" 2

Quick question. We dummy date booked a cruise onboard for Dec 2011. We are thinking of moving this ressie to a 2012 DD on the dream. My question is if we are even thinking about it should we move it now to lock into a price? Will the price be better now rather than waiting to decide? We know we are not actually taking the 12-04-11 cruise as we cannot pull the kids out of school next time. Please advise.

If you know your dates in 2012 (and there is an itinerary already announced) then you should move your dates now because prices will only go up. We also have a dummy date booked for Dec. 3, 2011 and plan to sail in 2012 on the Fantasy but not until after August and those sail dates have not yet been released. As soon as they are announced, we will move the cruise! :thumbsup2

Do you work with a travel agent?

DCLCruise2010-0317_edited-2.jpg

Quick question. We dummy date booked a cruise onboard for Dec 2011. We are thinking of moving this ressie to a 2012 DD on the dream. My question is if we are even thinking about it should we move it now to lock into a price? Will the price be better now rather than waiting to decide? We know we are not actually taking the 12-04-11 cruise as we cannot pull the kids out of school next time. Please advise.

If you know which cruise you'd like to do in 2012 and it's available for booking now - move your ressie now. We "reshopped" our Alaska booking last week which we moved a dummy ressie to when booking was available for Alaska. Prices have gone up and our original booking price with the onboard discount is cheaper than what is available now. You can always move it again before pay in full date, if you find something you like better without penalty.

If you know your dates in 2012 (and there is an itinerary already announced) then you should move your dates now because prices will only go up. We also have a dummy date booked for Dec. 3, 2011 and plan to sail in 2012 on the Fantasy but not until after August and those sail dates have not yet been released. As soon as they are announced, we will move the cruise! :thumbsup2

We asked it to be booked onboard with DU. When I contacted DU they replied that DCL did not book the ressie with them. UGH add it to my long list of things to do tomorrow.

We asked it to be booked onboard with DU. When I contacted DU they replied that DCL did not book the ressie with them. UGH add it to my long list of things to do tomorrow.

between my sister & I, we booked 4 new cruises....our TA hasnt rec'd all of them from DCL yet...but the lines (esp the last night) were VERY VERY long...Leslie was working ALOT of OT that cruise!!

between my sister & I, we booked 4 new cruises....our TA hasnt rec'd all of them from DCL yet...but the lines (esp the last night) were VERY VERY long...Leslie was working ALOT of OT that cruise!!

Seems to me they should have more than one person handling future bookings. That desk is never quiet - we waited more than a half hour on Thursday night.

You beat us! Among my group of 3, we rebooked 7 staterooms on 2 cruises! I will be moving at least one of the cruises. Hoping to convince my DH to sail with me in February for Valentine's Day. Haven't told him yet!;)

Seems to me they should have more than one person handling future bookings. That desk is never quiet - we waited more than a half hour on Thursday night.

I agree! Leslie was way "overbooked"! :rotfl:

I decided to try topaz to adjust some of our pictures. here is one of my buddy - K

IMG_0973.jpg

Heres one from orient beach

stmartyorientbeachrockswaves.jpg

Wow great shots guys!! Love the Orient Beach shot Kevin!!:thumbsup2

One for today...

DCLCruise2010-0343_edited-2.jpg

Kevin- I love the Orient Beach picture. We ended up going to Pinel Island, and I think it was a good thing. Really calm, no waves, and my daughter learned to snorkel :) We saw Orient Beach on the way back, and it looked beautiful with the waves crashing, but with a 3 year old and a 7 year old, it would have been a bit more challenging. Were there lots of waves?

How do you post pictures?

wow - between Dave, John & Kevin - my photos are just a bit too blahhhhhh - gorgeous photos guys!!!!

speaking of overworked and overbooked - just checked my new visa bill - DCL billed me three times - twice for the same deposit....uggghhh

The photos are just so beautiful:lovestruc Keep posting them please:cutie:

Alan and I were talking yesterday and we can't believe that we were just on the "Magic". On the way to work on Friday morning Alan says to me " Well, the Magic is just now docking at Castaway Cay". It seems like just yesterday that I was on the ship with my family and with all of you.

On the bright side, Alan and I (yes no children:rotfl:) just booked on the "Fantasy" for April 28, 2012. I can't wait to see the ship and the room.

Missing you all

Alisia

Y'all have been busy! We just got back last night after spending some time at Saratoga Springs with some of our family. LOVE all the pictures, and will have to relook up that e-mail address to see if I can pull some down off the shutterbug (?) site.

This was a good cruise, but rougher than our other two. Several family members were very seasick, including one who had been on the other two with us. Everyone was wobbly back on land.:rotfl2: Guess that means we are still supposed to be on the ship!

The only complaint anyone in our group had was some sewage coming up through the floor in their bathroom on the first or second night, but it was promptly taken care of.

Wira, our head server who was also our head server on the 11-day Special Southern Caribbean cruise back in 2006, arranged it so all the adults could sit together for dinner and all the kids could sit together. I heard that the server who ended up with the kids was really scared at first, but we really worked on the kids behaving and being super, super polite, and she seemed to relax almost immediately. That was Grissell and Andrea was her assistant. We adults had Igor as server and Fernando as assistant. This was the first cruise where I have ever tipped a set of servers who weren't "officially" our own. We all tipped our assigned servers above and beyond, but all four of these servers were phenomenal.:lovestruc And Wira is first class all the way. I hope Disney never loses him.

I have many more thank you's to post, but must run for now. I do want to start off by saying Thank You hugely to Brenda for all her hard work. The FE blew my family members away, so thanks to all of you who participated. Fishing gear was incredible. :cloud9:

Alan and I were talking yesterday and we can't believe that we were just on the "Magic". On the way to work on Friday morning Alan says to me " Well, the Magic is just now docking at Cataway Cay". It seems like just yesterday that I was on the ship with my family and with all of you.

LOL I was making dinner for about 18 family members on Sunday evening, and I made the remark, "Now, nobody better ask me for more than one entree. You can have as MUCH of this entree as you like, but you only get one choice!" :laughing::rotfl2: Oh, it is so hard to come off a cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter