10/23/11 - Disney Dream

We spent most of the day packing and cleaning our house. Got a very busy week ahead. I start a new job tomorrow so orientation/training for me. Meeting with a contractor tomorrow evening to discuss building a house. Tuesday more work training. Wednesday minor surgical procedure for me :scared1: Thursday meeting for my mother's care plan and hair appt :goodvibes Friday going to the airport to stay at the Radisson and Sat flying to Orlando. :dance3:

I'm tired just reading this!!!!

YIPPIE! I finished our pirate outfits!!! I'm not sure though how all this will fit in our suitcases!

IMG_2579pb.jpg

IMG_2558pb.jpg

IMG_2574pb.jpg

IMG_2572pb.jpg

Wow those pirate costumes are soooooo cute! You are quiet talented.

This time next week we will be docked in Nassau! We had a dolphin encounter planned but I had to cancel due to my foot.....but that just means more time relaxing & exploring the Dream for us!

Hi everyone, I'm new to Disboards but definitely not new to Disney! I've been to Disney Land once and WDW 11 times. This will be my first time on DCL though, and I get the feeling this work week is going to go by verrrrry slowly!

I was wondering if anyone knows if they'll be showing the World Series on the ship. My Mom and I are BIG Texas Rangers fans, and we're hoping to catch the games, but they're broadcast on the Fox Networks (not ABC or ESPN).

Already too excited to sleep!

YIPPIE! I finished our pirate outfits!!! I'm not sure though how all this will fit in our suitcases!

WOW.. All I can say is if I was working on Pirate custom, I would be leaving it at home after seeing yours.. Those are just jaw dropping awesome ...

Hi everyone, I'm new to Disboards but definitely not new to Disney! I've been to Disney Land once and WDW 11 times. This will be my first time on DCL though, and I get the feeling this work week is going to go by verrrrry slowly!

I was wondering if anyone knows if they'll be showing the World Series on the ship. My Mom and I are BIG Texas Rangers fans, and we're hoping to catch the games, but they're broadcast on the Fox Networks (not ABC or ESPN).

Already too excited to sleep!

Your first cruise and first post to DIS.. Welcome... I do not know for certain.. Because Disney does not call me up anymore for advice...:lmao:

But if I was betting man I would bet on it... on other cruises during this time frame they played World Serious games on the TV and Down in the Sports Bar.. And then if they were at night they will play them out on the big Jumbo screen out on the deck... So do not know if there would be any special black out restrictions because it is In the Bahamas area. But a quick call to Disney will answer that question. But again I would be willing to bet on it..

The Games outside on the deck are a blast, Night air Free Pizza, Burgers, Soft Drinks.. Down in the bar they always have a nice selection of munchies Chips, salsa, wings. and always seemed a nice bunch to watch a game with.

The jumbo screen was better then being at the actual game.. IMHO

We always use TSA approved locks when we travel as they have a "master" key if they need to unlock it. So far, we've never had a problem. However, my family of 4 has become masters of traveling with only carry ons:cool1:
Only carry on's...what's your secret?:worship: I thought I was doing great with 3 pcs of luggage and 1 carry on.:rolleyes1

woo hoo my info was added just in time, 3 days til we leave for DW, I think I am, no wait I am more excited than the kids...

Ummmm....ok, so I have to admit......I had to google it! :guilty:

Thank God for google. So many times someone will write a item or an part number and you set there like a bump on the log.. Now you open another session google the item in question.. Then go right back "oH yeah the m107-d1 thats a son-of-a-gun" :thumbsup2

I know this is last minute, but it's our first Disney Cruise, Me the wife, DS 17, DD15, DD 10 and DS 6. Is it too late to get in on the FE? Is there such a thing as a RAK FE if the list is closed but the family wants to play along?

Thanks for any help. 8 days still seems like forever...

Welcome! We have extra FE gifts so we'll be happy to exchange with your family. :)

We'll look for the updated FE list. It is such fun! I'm sure your family will love it!

The Smith family is ready to cruise we are celebrating my parent's 45th wedding anniversary. There are 15 of us so we'll try to keep it together :rotfl2:

On a side note I plan to do some geocaching both in Nassau and CC(there's 1 on the island), so if anyone wants to try it out let me know via PM and we can try to meet up. I'm kcsmiths on geocaching.com. Looking forward to my first international find.

Happy cruising! :cool1:

The Smith family is ready to cruise we are celebrating my parent's 45th wedding anniversary. There are 15 of us so we'll try to keep it together :rotfl2:

On a side note I plan to do some geocaching both in Nassau and CC(there's 1 on the island), so if anyone wants to try it out let me know via PM and we can try to meet up. I'm kcsmiths on geocaching.com. Looking forward to my first international find.

Happy cruising! :cool1:

Hey that sounds cool, Now at 1st I thought you were looking for Chevy Geos.. but after looking it up it sounds even better. Please explain more about how where and How...

OMGosh! OMGosh! OMGosh! OMGosh!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I just picked up my FE gifts I had my friend make and let me tell ya, THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!

But now I am scared they are going to get stolen. :eek: Usually I try to be sneaky when delivering the gifts.....this time I might be loud when I deliver them! :goodvibes SORRY in advance but I spent too much on them to have them end up in the wrong hands! Maybe just a light tap on the door??? :rolleyes1

(I want to post a picture soooo bad!)

Getting very excited! Got a lot of packing done over the weekend:) Safe travels to all as you head toward WDW and port. We don't leave until Saturday, but I'm sure Saturday will be here before we know it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter