10/23/11 - Disney Dream

I GOT A CABANA,,,,,,,,, #1, the accessible one,,I am in a wheelchair.
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sherry

WhitGB

Me - Kelsey
DH - Eric
DD - Madeline - 8 yrs at travel
DD - Alivia - 5 yrs at travel

Roll Call
Sinderelly
Me-Kathy
DH-Jim
Sinderelly #2
DS-Jeffery
DDIL-Elvie
DGS-Sawer (age 4)
from Greensburg and Nashville Indiana

I tried...
Palo Brunch gone
Palo High Tea gone
Cabanas gone
But I did get the boarding time we wanted :goodvibes

Me Grandma Carol
DD Lisa
DgrD Desi 10
DgrS Daunte 8
IL Quad Cities

So excited to be taking my daughter and grandchildren on this cruise with time in the world before and after:yay:

I tried...
Palo Brunch gone

You know a crazy Idea here,

I have read on a few other peoples cruise reports, that the ones who went in at the end of the Palo Brunch asked for take home trays of some of the uneaten deserts.. (Honest I have seen pictures)

I have to admit it mortifies me & my bride, I can not imagine asking for take home on the cruise... :rotfl: To be honest there have been a few times I wish they would take be back to the room afterwards..

Any hoo.. If one of us here is at the tail end of the Palo brunch he/she could ask for a take a take home for the ones who did not..

Of course, dog gone it who ever wants to Partake best not forget and belly up to the bar so to speak and let this poor person in the lurch .. who ever did this would be forced to have a tray of deserts alone in their room.. Dear God that could kill a person..

Well it is a crazy idea

Hey Everyone! I finally got around to buying our plane tickets today and I'm wondering what your plans are for getting to and from the port?

We are flying in on Saturday, renting a car and staying in Cape Canaveral that night. We did this last time and it worked out well. It's cheaper to do this for 5 of us than it is to use DCL. I'm wondering though about getting from the ship back to the airport - any thoughts? Anyone use DCL in the past? What it the cost for one way? Is it hassle free or stressful?

Thanks for sharing!

We're using Cocoa Beach Shuttle from the airport to our hotel at Port Canaveral before the cruise. After the cruise we are going to WDW, so I was planning on booking the DCL transfer since there is just the 2 of us.

I'm guessing renting a car again would be the cheapest for the 5 of you, I think DCL transfers are kind of spendy when you have to pay for 5. The fare for 5 from the port to the airport on CB Shuttle is $85, I bet a car is less than that, isn't it?

Hey Everyone! I finally got around to buying our plane tickets today and I'm wondering what your plans are for getting to and from the port?

We are flying in on Saturday, renting a car and staying in Cape Canaveral that night. We did this last time and it worked out well. It's cheaper to do this for 5 of us than it is to use DCL. I'm wondering though about getting from the ship back to the airport - any thoughts? Anyone use DCL in the past? What it the cost for one way? Is it hassle free or stressful?

Thanks for sharing!

Yep, for a group of 5, I would definitely rent a car.

We have always stayed at a WDW resort the night before (being DVC members) so we have used the DCL bus which runs about $35/pp each way. This is twice the price for a car rental but less stressful since DCL handles all the luggage (picked up in the room and delivered to our cabin without us touching it) and we are guaranteed to arrive before the ship leaves (no traffic issues holding us up). But, like I said, this is for 2 of us. If there were more people then the price difference would tip the balance in favor of a rental whether we stayed at a WDW Resort or not.

So that makes the last date Aug 9th at Midnight for east coasters or Aug 8 at 9pm for those on the west coast.

Hi everyone! :goodvibes

I am taking over the FE list. I don't have the official FE list yet but wanted to post the list that was posted a few posts ago.

If you have any questions, let me know!

FE SIGN UP WARNING!!!​

You must send me a PM (or a visitor's message if you have fewer than 10 posts) in order to be included in the FE Exchange!!!

Merely mentioning your desire to participate in a post on the thread will not get you added to the list.

Here is the current list of DISnames of people who are signed up. If your DISname is here, I have all the info you sent me (room assignment, participants, etc.) and you are good to go. If you are not on the list and would like to participate, please send me a PM. (But do it after Saturday. My PM box is almost full and I won't get a chance to clean it out til then.) Likewise, if you are on the list but no longer wish to participate, please let me know that as well.

PFlamingo
jmb910
Sinderelly
Sinderelly#2
Tammymacb
WDisneyMom
iheartdisney2
JLDSMD
RachelC
shadowryter
Crazy4DisneyWI
Drmomof3
winesis
TheDisneyGirl02
Garrica
SarahLou382
WhitGB
Shebbieal
minnieluvzmickey
pouncingpluto
mommyofthreeboys
cdeyoe
MissFitt
Swissmiss
5CruisersCruising
Itsmuggsie

Again, the cut off date is Sept 1. Thanks for your cooperation! :thumbsup2

If you want to join our FE exchange: Send me a PM
Subject: Dream FE
Disname
Cabin number (or TBA if not yet assigned)
First name, fellow travelers' names and relationship (DH, DD, DS, friend, etc.)
Ages of children (ages of adults are optional)
Anything you are celebrating
Any allergies, esp. food allergies

DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS SEPTEMBER 1!!!

Can someone explain to me how the fish extenders work? :goodvibes

Check these threads out:

FE basics
fish extender info
instructions for the no sew FE
handmade FE gift ideas
other FE gift ideas

Hi Muggsie, :welcome:to the cruise. Is this your first? The list is growing. By the way if you are interested at all about joining the FE you should send Pat a pm. Happy planning.:goodvibes

Thanks for the welcome! I haven't had a chance to get back in here since my first posts. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and 8th cruise overall.

Here's my roll call info

Itsmuggsie.....Margaret (friends call me Muggsie)
DP Cindy
DD Ellie (2)
DMom Mary

We will be celebrating Ellie's 2nd birthday while on the cruise. We're staying at the poly for 3 nights after the cruise. We'll be driving from our home to the port. It's about 2 1/2 hour drive.

You got it Beth. One of the only perks for Disneyphiles living on the west coast is that time bump. I can't get a PIN code to save my soul.

Okay, so I know that I'm waaaaaaayyyy late but I'm finally joining my October 23 Dream Cruise buddies! It's our very first cruise ever and we'll be celebrating DD's 5th birthday with a Disney Cruise followed by MNSSHP the day we disembark! We're SUPER excited and counting down the days! :cool1: Here's the cast:

Me-Kateesha (27)
DH-Marcus (26)
DD-Kamari (4, but she'll be turning 5 on the we disembark!!)
DS-Marcus (3)

I'm sure everyone can understand my EXCITEMENT!!!:thumbsup2 I'm so ready to cruise :rotfl:

Okay, so I know that I'm waaaaaaayyyy late but I'm finally joining my October 23 Dream Cruise buddies! It's our very first cruise ever and we'll be celebrating DD's 5th birthday with a Disney Cruise followed by MNSSHP the day we disembark! We're SUPER excited and counting down the days! :cool1: Here's the cast:

Me-Kateesha (27)
DH-Marcus (26)
DD-Kamari (4, but she'll be turning 5 on the we disembark!!)
DS-Marcus (3)

I'm sure everyone can understand my EXCITEMENT!!!:thumbsup2 I'm so ready to cruise :rotfl:

Welcome aboard... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter