• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/21/2014 5 Night Port Canaveral

I hope they add some of the fun Halloween things to this cruise for next year! That would be awesome!

Our first cruise was on the Wonder for Halloween and my biggest regret is the camera didn't work. It was so much fun, went trick or treating all over the ship with my granddaughter, will miss that this time. I agree, hope they do something special. It was magical seeing the characters dressed in costumes!

Our first cruise was on the Wonder for Halloween and my biggest regret is the camera didn't work. It was so much fun, went trick or treating all over the ship with my granddaughter, will miss that this time. I agree, hope they do something special. It was magical seeing the characters dressed in costumes!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do. For the MR cruises in 2011, they did Halloween trick or treat stuff for the whole month of October. When it get closer, I'll call Disney and ask them.

I should have said, we are in one of the secret verandas that are classified 7a (7120). I think someone said those are gone for the repo cruise. However, I did look it up again. Maybe I'll wait until the last minute and book it if the rates are low. Just take whatever we can get. Flights to San Juan are not much different from DC than the MCO. We'll see what happens.

Scott,
Not all the 7A's are secret verandahs. There are lots of navigator verandahs and I am sure there are some of those left. I got very lucky with my secret verandah room though. The repo cruise was originally scheduled for 10/21, and we kept looking at it and thinking about booking it. All the secret verandahs were gone though and we were going to have to decide whether we wanted a navigators or a 5C (which on Deck 6 is what the secret verandah really is only with the minor obstruction on the verandah). When I finally went in to book, I decided to look one last time for a secret verandah and lo and behold, 6134 showed up. I grabbed it fast! After I had booked, I was checking out the booking and discovered that the date was not 10/21 as it had been when I was looking at it before, but was now 10/18. I can only surmise that I was able to get that room because of the change in dates. Either someone cancelled because of the change, or some other glitch happened. In any case, I was not unhappy about it :)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do. For the MR cruises in 2011, they did Halloween trick or treat stuff for the whole month of October. When it get closer, I'll call Disney and ask them.

Maggie,
I was just reading the Disney Cruiseline Blog newsletter, and he listed all the Halloween stuff the Disney fleet will be offering this year in October. It looks like all the ships will be doing Halloween stuff throughout October, if they did it in 2011 (when we were on the Wonder in Oct), 2012 (when you were on the Wonder in Oct) and in 2013 (as listed in the cruiseline blog), they will most likely do it in 2014 too :-)
Mary

Maggie,
I was just reading the Disney Cruiseline Blog newsletter, and he listed all the Halloween stuff the Disney fleet will be offering this year in October. It looks like all the ships will be doing Halloween stuff throughout October, if they did it in 2011 (when we were on the Wonder in Oct), 2012 (when you were on the Wonder in Oct) and in 2013 (as listed in the cruiseline blog), they will most likely do it in 2014 too :-)
Mary

That is awesome! So much to look forward to on our B2B! pixiedust:

Hi Lew,
I hope you do get booked. I just looked and there aren't any secret verandahs left on the repo cruise, but there is still one (6634-booked as CAT 7A) left at this particular moment in time :) on the 5 day Key West cruise. I don't know what kind of stateroom you were looking at, but the secret verandahs are a pretty good deal. On the Key West cruise it saves about $210 over the 5C Category and basically gives you a 5C for the price of a 9A. Just a thought FYI :)
Mary

Oops, I just looked back at some previous postings and discovered you are already booked on this cruise. It looked like you hadn't booked yet. I'm sure you are all set so you don't need my info :)

Mary,
Yes we are good to go on our first cruise on this itinerary. Reading about the b2b option got me thinking about cruise #2 already. Thanks for your info. I have not heard about secret verandahs. Will def look into them for next trip.

We are doing a one bedroom suite this cruise. The cruise is a 25th anniversary trip for us so we splurged. I am sure next trip will be a smaller room although the verandah may still be a must. We will see once we are finished with this trip and figure out what our cruising personalities are.

I am really looking forward to speaking to others on the ship and hearing about the ins and outs of cruising. Will take lots of notes. Tis blog has been great for me to learn new things I cant get in books. B2b, fish extenders.... It will make the time until we sail fun.

Thanks again,
Sharon (Lews first daughter ; ))

I created the sign-up form in Google docs for FE.

I can also post the link to the spreadsheet if you want to see who has signed up. Let me know. :)

Just signed up. Thanks for starting this. A spreadsheet would be great to see everyone that joins in.

Mary,

I am really looking forward to speaking to others on the ship and hearing about the ins and outs of cruising. Will take lots of notes. Tis blog has been great for me to learn new things I cant get in books. B2b, fish extenders.... It will make the time until we sail fun.

Thanks again,
Sharon (Lews first daughter ; ))

Sharon,
That is cool that you will have a suite for this cruise. I plan to do that one day, but it definitely won't be this time :-) It won't take you long to get used to being pampered on a cruise ship--especially in a concierge suite :-) Congratulations on your anniversary. 25 years is definitely something to celebrate!

Planning our SECOND Disney Cruise!

My wife and I did our honeymoon aboard the Wonder for the WB Panama Cruise this past May... and now we're making a big ole' family outing out of this one. SO LOOK OUT!!!!! (just kidding, we're fairly tame)

Myself, my wife, my parents (mom and dad), her parents (mom and dad)!

On top of that, one of my best friends from high school is using this cruise as a gathering for his post-nuptials!

Should be fun! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Planning our SECOND Disney Cruise!

My wife and I did our honeymoon aboard the Wonder for the WB Panama Cruise this past May... and now we're making a big ole' family outing out of this one. SO LOOK OUT!!!!! (just kidding, we're fairly tame)

Myself, my wife, my parents (mom and dad), her parents (mom and dad)!

On top of that, one of my best friends from high school is using this cruise as a gathering for his post-nuptials!

Should be fun! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Welcome aboard!

Hello! I'm Chaopolis' wife! I can't express how excited we are to have already booked another cruise so soon after our Wonder WBPC Honeymoon cruise! We had such a blast that we wanted to share this one with our family and a few close friends. This cruise, in particular, sounded fantastic! So here we are again in the planning stages :)

Can't wait till next year!

Hello! I'm Chaopolis' wife! I can't express how excited we are to have already booked another cruise so soon after our Wonder WBPC Honeymoon cruise! We had such a blast that we wanted to share this one with our family and a few close friends. This cruise, in particular, sounded fantastic! So here we are again in the planning stages :)

Can't wait till next year!

Welcome aboard. You and your family will have a great time together. My husband and I are sailing for our first time on this cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary. (I know, what took us so long?).

We've been reading everything we can get our hands on to get ready. Just got our Passporter's Field Guide to the DCL-11th edition in the mail yesterday. Armed with a highlighter today making notes.

Congratulations on 25!!

We will be close to 2 by the time the cruise comes around. We still have a long way to go to catch up to you two!

You both will have so much fun! I've been on a few cruises and Disney is so far my favorite :)

Congratulations on 25!!

We will be close to 2 by the time the cruise comes around. We still have a long way to go to catch up to you two!

You both will have so much fun! I've been on a few cruises and Disney is so far my favorite :)

Thanks. Since Nov is already around the corner and you'll be celebrating your first you can see how fast the time flies. I can't believe its been 25 for us next year!

We've been going to WDW since our honeymoon so cruising with DCL for our first cruise was an easy choice (not too far out of the box), but it is great to hear from someone that has cruised other lines that this is the best one out there.

While we will enjoy watching other families having fun on their vacations, I was also glad to hear that there are a lot of opportunities to have quiet adult time on board. That was a concern for us initially but the more I read and hear it won't be an issue at all.

On another note, I read that all the other DCL ships will be celebrating Halloween throughout October (I assume they aren't listing the Magic since it will be in for a rehab) so hopefully next year we will also have some extra fun. Might need to pack some candies for trick-or-treat ; ).

Oh I hope so! I love Halloween (mostly just for a chance to dress up!) I wonder if they do have trick or treat for the adults and kids onboard during that time.

My husband and I also had the same worries about adult activities on board, but there was more than enough activities to do for us during the two week sailing. They probably won't offer it this cruise but if you sail with them again and you see the adult Toy Story Boot Camp...DO IT! That was the most fun I had in a long time! Plus it was entertaining seeing so many adults act like kids again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter