10-21-12 Dream!!!

Just got an email from my TA, there will be Halloween on our cruise! Did anyone else get notified?

holidayfun1 said:
I am wondering if it is too late to join the fish extender group for the Dream cruise beginning October 21, 2012. My kids are really excited about it but I have not been able to figure out how to join. Thanks!

I would be willing to exchange with you. Pm me your info and kids ages and then I will send you mine!

tink11 said:
Just got an email from my TA, there will be Halloween on our cruise! Did anyone else get notified?

What??!! Please tell us what she said! (I don't have a TA.)

Please let us know about Halloween on our cruise and how it will work. Glad I am finding this out before I do final packing tonight! (Of course, I think DH and myself are just going to be pirates so that doesn't matter, and dd will wear a princess dress (surprise surprise) but it does matter if we bring ds' halloween costume or not-Buzz Lightyear!)

Also, for those who have cruised before, I know you have to sign something that you haven't been sick in the past however many days. What about colds? We have all been well and then yesterday dd woke up with a slight cough that has continued today. I have been sneezing a bit, too. DS has a very slight runny nose. What if they don't go away by the time of the cruise? (No fevers or anything, everyone is acting fine, but you never know. Of course, they are still harvesting here in the midwest and we had a lot of rain over the weekend and DD and I have allergies. But I am panicked that it isn't allergies!) How could this effect our trip?

Please let us know about Halloween on our cruise and how it will work. Glad I am finding this out before I do final packing tonight! (Of course, I think DH and myself are just going to be pirates so that doesn't matter, and dd will wear a princess dress (surprise surprise) but it does matter if we bring ds' halloween costume or not-Buzz Lightyear!)

Also, for those who have cruised before, I know you have to sign something that you haven't been sick in the past however many days. What about colds? We have all been well and then yesterday dd woke up with a slight cough that has continued today. I have been sneezing a bit, too. DS has a very slight runny nose. What if they don't go away by the time of the cruise? (No fevers or anything, everyone is acting fine, but you never know. Of course, they are still harvesting here in the midwest and we had a lot of rain over the weekend and DD and I have allergies. But I am panicked that it isn't allergies!) How could this effect our trip?
You'll be fine with regular colds. The form asks if anyone is experiencing Flu symptoms (fever, vomiting, etc), not regular cold symptoms.

We booked directly with Disney, so I haven't heard anything either. Maybe someone can call DCL to find out.

I called in, the DCL rep didn't know of any Halloween events for the Oct 21 sailing. She said the Oct 31 Halloween sailing will definitely have events but had no information on Oct 21. Lastly - she mentioned to bring costumes for Pirate Night.

Hope that helps!

disnerdiest said:
I called in, the DCL rep didn't know of any Halloween events for the Oct 21 sailing. She said the Oct 31 Halloween sailing will definitely have events but had no information on Oct 21. Lastly - she mentioned to bring costumes for Pirate Night.

Hope that helps!

I made the same call and got the same response, but hadn't had time to post it. :(

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line® vacation. We look forward to sailing with you and want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information as you prepare to pack for your vacation.

We'll be celebrating Halloween on our ships this year with several themed events, including a costume contest for our adult Guests and a special costume parade for children on the following sail dates:

Disney Magic® - October 20, 2012 and October 27, 2012
Disney FantasyTM - October 20, 2012 and October 27, 2012
Disney DreamTM - October 25, 2012 and October 28, 2012
Disney Wonder® - October 28, 2012

Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring along their costumes and join in our special Halloween celebration. On the evening of our party, children will receive candy treat bags in their staterooms that they can bring along to the party to collect even more treats. Prizes will be awarded to our adult costume contest participants based on the following categories:

Funniest
Best Group
Most Spooky
Most Original
Most Disney

More information on themed nights, times and locations will be available onboard in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom.

While all Guests are invited to wear costumes, we ask that you choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, we ask that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

Again, we look forward to sailing with you and hope you have a magical cruise.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

I am going to call my TA to be sure the email I got was correct. I wish I knew how to put my email on here. It stated that halloween bags would be delivered to the rooms, other special "treats" throughout the ship, adult halloween costume contest, etc..... I will post again after I call.

Hey everyone!! Just checked online and for those new-comers like me, there are Palo Brunch openings for our sea day. When I looked, there were openings at 10:30, 12:00 and 12:30.

called my TA about the email I recieved, he called Disney, and Halloween is after our cruise:worried:. I sent the email back, and hopefully nobody else will gwt the wrong info. Sorry to get everyone excited, I know I was.

We leave tomorrow morning for Orlando! Don't know if I'm gonna be able to sleep. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter