10-21-12 Dream!!!

I got my lesson plans done (finally) for the week we're gone. My substitute is scheduled and ready to go. I finally remembered to get dd and ds's absence forms signed. So school stuff is all set! WooHoo! That was my major pre-vacation stressor. I still haven't broken the news to my class yet. I always feel guilty when I miss school for "fun". But I don't think I've taken time off for anything other than staying home with sick kiddos in the last three years! Now I can focus on the fun stuff. Packing. Last minute planning. Stop procrastinating and finish the FE gifts. Lol! Going to pick up the FE from my mom today (I can't sew). I can't wait to see it! :) I'm such a nerd... I love pre-vacation prep!

jcuzzort1026 said:
Ds is wearing a pirate costume from a few years ago. Dd is compromising on a red shirt striped shirt and denim skirt. She is seriously torn between dressing up and being "grown up". (Sigh, I can see the tween/teen years are quickly approaching :( ) I'll probably do a red and black outfit. I'm sure dh will just wear a black tshirt. We are skipping the dining rooms that night so we are planning to be a little more casual.

If you see Snow White and the Genie walking around on pirate night, that is me and my BF. We booked this late but if you run into us feel free to say hi!

We're in 2033 and will have a whiteboard on our door for messages too. :)

loricdietzel said:
We are doing MNSSHP on Thursday, too!

My kids (ok, my youngest) is still too young to make it worthwhile. At least we have something to look forward to in about 3 years!

I got my lesson plans done (finally) for the week we're gone. My substitute is scheduled and ready to go. I finally remembered to get dd and ds's absence forms signed. So school stuff is all set! WooHoo! That was my major pre-vacation stressor. I still haven't broken the news to my class yet. I always feel guilty when I miss school for "fun". But I don't think I've taken time off for anything other than staying home with sick kiddos in the last three years! Now I can focus on the fun stuff. Packing. Last minute planning. Stop procrastinating and finish the FE gifts. Lol! Going to pick up the FE from my mom today (I can't sew). I can't wait to see it! :) I'm such a nerd... I love pre-vacation prep!
I'm in the middle of lesson plans for this week and trying to plan for my absense. The hardest part for me is that I don't know how comfortable my sub is with middle school math. And, I can't plan 4 days of math games, so I have to come up with some interesting plans!!

Hubby and I are off to WDW in the morning - spending some time at the food and wine festival before our cruise.

If anyone else is going to be in the parks prior to the 21st, please feel free to send me a PM if you want to meet up and ride Pirates :)

We need to get in the mood!

In fact, I'm surprise the hub with the pirates and pals fireworks cruise tomorrow night.

Yo ho, yo ho!

alikat99 said:
I'm in the middle of lesson plans for this week and trying to plan for my absense. The hardest part for me is that I don't know how comfortable my sub is with middle school math. And, I can't plan 4 days of math games, so I have to come up with some interesting plans!!

Oooo...middle school! Bless you. Lol. I wouldn't have the patience (and am sure I'm not comfortable with middle school math)!

I was lucky to get a sub that has taught 1st before so I didn't have to be crazy detailed about plans. I just dread the week I get back. I feel like it takes me two days to catch up for every day I miss.

Oooo...middle school! Bless you. Lol. I wouldn't have the patience (and am sure I'm not comfortable with middle school math)!

I was lucky to get a sub that has taught 1st before so I didn't have to be crazy detailed about plans. I just dread the week I get back. I feel like it takes me two days to catch up for every day I miss.
Thankfully, it's a small, Christian private school, so the students aren't "too" bad. My neighbor is a middle school english teacher in our public school system and boy, oh boy, the stories!! My worst day can't even compare to her best days.

Getting down to business:

1). Has anyone rented bikes at CC? I made a reservation, but I wonder if I really need one, and if the have small bikes for kids.

2). I'm thinking if skipping Palo dinner and just going with brunch. mostly because it'd be a lot of hustling around of the kids - getting them to club after first pirate party, getting us to dinner, picking them up and finding a spot on deck or on our veranda for fireworks. What do you think?

3). Wine package or not? My husband drinks wine, I have a bit, but prefer beer, my mother doesn't drink. I was thinking we could polish off the 3 night package, particularly if we have champagne in the balcony upon departure!

4). Really considering parasailing on CC for my daughter and me, maybe my mother, too. Right now all times are available. What time is best? Should I wait and book it day of? Thoughts?

There will be more....

I rented bikes last year on CC. No, I'd say you don't need a ressie, as there are tons of bikes there all day. They're very flexible about the one hour rental, too .. No one checked the bikes in when we returned them. They have bikes of all sizes, so you won't have trouble finding one for a smaller child. They also have plenty of helmets.

Angelic Jennifer said:
I rented bikes last year on CC. No, I'd say you don't need a ressie, as there are tons of bikes there all day. They're very flexible about the one hour rental, too .. No one checked the bikes in when we returned them. They have bikes of all sizes, so you won't have trouble finding one for a smaller child. They also have plenty of helmets.

Thank you!!

We just booked this cruise today!!! Got a great deal that was too good to pass up. Totally crazy since we just got off the Fantasy on the 6th!! Oh well...life is too short :) yay...only 6 days to wait!

We just booked this cruise today!!! Got a great deal that was too good to pass up. Totally crazy since we just got off the Fantasy on the 6th!! Oh well...life is too short :) yay...only 6 days to wait!
WOW! And I thought that I booked last minute, when I booked 2 weeks ago. Welcome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter