10-21-12 Dream!!!

Ok- someone ease my mind! Lately on the boards all I have seen are A LOT negative comments about the staff on the Dream and about the 4-night cruises....
I saw that too, but I've never experienced it!! We sailed on the Dream last fall for a 3-night. We just wanted to try out the new ship. We talked to lots of CMs and most of them were more than willing to talk about the differences between the Magic/Wonder and it's big sister, the Dream. Most tell the story that they do prefer the smaller ships, mostly because they are smaller. But, I've never heard them "complain" about being on the Dream. They will tell you that the dining rooms are bigger, and more crowded, harder to navigate.

I am wondering if it is too late to join the fish extender group for the Dream cruise beginning October 21, 2012. My kids are really excited about it but I have not been able to figure out how to join. Thanks!
The official FE list was closed a couple of weeks ago. But, some of these kind people have offered to add me to their lists, if they had any available. I'd be more than happy to put you on my "unofficial" FE list. And, you can see if anyone else would like to do that too.

The official FE list was closed a couple of weeks ago. But, some of these kind people have offered to add me to their lists, if they had any available. I'd be more than happy to put you on my "unofficial" FE list. And, you can see if anyone else would like to do that too.

That would be wonderful! I am new to this and my kids are really wanting to do the fish extender group! I have a friend who is also taking the cruise that would like to do the fish extender. Should I have her sign on to this post and put her information? Thank you so much!

holidayfun1 said:
That would be wonderful! I am new to this and my kids are really wanting to do the fish extender group! I have a friend who is also taking the cruise that would like to do the fish extender. Should I have her sign on to this post and put her information? Thank you so much!

We will add you to our list too. Just let me know the ages and if boy/girl of your kids.

Roll Call for October 21, 2012 Disney Dream

jcuzzort1026 DW, DH, DD (8), DS (5)
tricari Tricia, Jason, DD (9) Frances, DS (7) Jack, DS (4) Joe, DMom Fran
Anjelic Jennifer Jennifer, DH, DD (12), DD (10), DD (8)
huey578 Luis, DW Carol
Doodle Mom ??, DH, D? (14), D? (10)
Morganr6258 ??, D? (8), D? (6), D? (5)
D73 Christopher, DMom Jean, DDad Larry
thecruisemom ??, DH, DS (12), DS (9), DS (4), DMom, Extended Family (5 cabins)
diane648 Diane, DH, DD (8), DS (5), 2 Grandparents
Birdie23 with DH, DD, DS
poohbear926 Lindsay, DH (Honeymoon)
disneyholic family Beth, DMom, DSis
seirra79 Sarah, DH, DS (5)
kmeyerholtz ??
tiffyms02 with DH, DS (4), DD (2)
hmurra75 Heather, DBF, DS (14), DS (11)
MomofXandG DW, DH, DS (4), DS (2) in 1 cabin; Friends with DD (5), DD (3) next door
PAdisneycouple Sean and Christine
Mandzkrazy4Disney Mandy, DH, DS (7)
Elainehfc with DS
loricdietzel with DH, DD (4), DS (23 mos.)
Krichard2000 4 adults, 2 Kids (2 and 5)
imdht ???
mandarin with DH, DS (2), DD (10 mos)
traveling with
tink11 with DD (13), DD (9), DD (6), Father, and MIL
stingfancb with DBF Jerry
Berlioz70 Brenna and ?
alikat99 Amy, DH Chris, DD Emily (11), DD Madison (8), MIL Patti
LLBennett Lisa, DH,DS 5, DD 19 mos.
traveling with her Sister and 2 nephews 9 and 8
mustbedisney ???
kkbrian2 with DH, DD (3) and DMom
gretchen07 Carole and Kimberly
diesel2512 Brooke, Shane Payton (DD 11), Alex (DS 6), Nicky (DS 4), Mia Cate (DD 4)
msteffen with DH, DS (11), DD (4)
traveling with Sister, DD (13), DS, (8), Mom and Dad
holidayfun1 ???

Please feel free to send me a PM with corrections or just post them here on the thread and I will update the roll call as well as add new arrivals along the way.

I am wondering if it is too late to join the fish extender group for the Dream cruise beginning October 21, 2012. My kids are really excited about it but I have not been able to figure out how to join. Thanks!

:welcome: I have added you to the roll call and hope you can join us for the gathering on Sunday at 3 15 in the Family Zone on Deck 13 Forward on the Port side (left)

It looks like a few people are chiming in to help get you involved in a mini FE exchange. Sorry it is late to add you to the full official FE.

Also do send your friends to the board and bring them to the meet. The more familiar faces you see around the ship during the cruise the more fun it is.

Again, :welcome:

Christopher

What is a fish extender?!? DCL is all new to me since this is our maiden voyage!!

Outside each stateroom there is a Fish emblem that was designed by Disney as a place to place messages for passengers by sliding the information behind the Fish.

It has become a tradition amongst DISboard users to have an exchange of little gifts amongst those sailing together. To facilitate this a hanging set of pouches has been designed to extend the fish into a larger area for collection of goodies.

The maps for those participating in the FE Exchange have been completed and printed. I will bring them along to the Meet at 3 15 on Sunday. If by chance I miss you I will place them behind your Fish shortly after Muster.

I have included alikat99, although in a different color, as there are many who are exchanging with them.

If there are changes to staterooms from this point I will not be able to include them on the map.

Hope everyone is getting excited as we are now only 12 days out!!!

Christopher

D73 said:
Outside each stateroom there is a Fish emblem that was designed by Disney as a place to place messages for passengers by sliding the information behind the Fish.

It has become a tradition amongst DISboard users to have an exchange of little gifts amongst those sailing together. To facilitate this a hanging set of pouches has been designed to extend the fish into a larger area for collection of goodies.

Aww, my 3 year old would have love that. Guess we will have to experience FE next year when we sail! Thanks for the info!

busy with all the wedding stuff this week but in my spare time im attempting to make my fish extender instead of doing the easy thing and just using my moms hahah This way even though my fiance doesnt know much about them it can be special because we'll have our own true fish extender made just for us haha.... 12 days yay! and then i can relax

busy with all the wedding stuff this week but in my spare time im attempting to make my fish extender instead of doing the easy thing and just using my moms hahah This way even though my fiance doesnt know much about them it can be special because we'll have our own true fish extender made just for us haha.... 12 days yay! and then i can relax

i forgot, what day is your wedding?

awww that is sweet...that will be a special treasure for you both:flower3:

I've never used a zip cord on mine, and I've never had a problem with it. Now, mine is also very personalized too. But, I think that I made my ribbon about 16" long.

RodgersFE.jpg

WOW you're FE are amazing!!!! Really beautiful...do you have an embroidery machine? I love the hats on the mickeys. I also did a mickey themed FE....proud of myself as it was a bit tricky for a gal who rarely sews.:rotfl:

WOW you're FE are amazing!!!! Really beautiful...do you have an embroidery machine? I love the hats on the mickeys. I also did a mickey themed FE....proud of myself as it was a bit tricky for a gal who rarely sews.:rotfl:
I do have an embroidery machine. My mom is the real embroiderer, but I ended up getting her old machine when she upgraded. So, I'm still learning. She came and helped me put it all together after I embroidered all of the pieces. The real key was putting it together so that it was reversible.

How will I know if I have been assigned a room number? On my reservation it's still listed as a gty. Must get packing, trying to pack light:rotfl2:, Don't want to drag all that luggage with me.

I need some more info about these possible soft openings in Fantasyland, all you Florida residents! C'mon, Mandy, take one for the team and go check it out for us! ;)

We only have three days for parks. Planning Epcot on the 25th, MK n the 26th, and HS EMH morning on the 27th. We leave BCV around 11 am on the 28th, so that's out. I read on the FLE expansion thread that CM previews occur on the 26th and 28th, and that CMs can bring up to 3 guests. Anyone know a couple of CMs who might want to adopt us for the day? ;)

Another part of that thread suggested that there may be soft openings on the 27th. So, now I'm trying to decide whether to brave the crowds on that day, too. Easywdw.com has is rated very poorly. :( And, that would mean missing our HS morning. Although maybe we could go, and just do TSMM at opening, and with FP, star tours and RnR, and then go to MK later, (around 10:30?) since we know it'll be busy anyway...

What to do??

Everything in Disney is going to be busy .. It's just the time of year. There could be some soft openings .. they've been invited people into the Belle thing for several weeks now. However, the official previews for D23 members and AP holders aren't until November. Be Our Guest is having cast previews with a limited menu during October, too.

With the Halloween parties cutting into park time during those days, it will inflate the crowd during the days.

I wouldn't plan around soft openings. They're too unpredictable and could be stopped at any time for any reason.

triciari said:
I need some more info about these possible soft openings in Fantasyland, all you Florida residents! C'mon, Mandy, take one for the team and go check it out for us! ;)

We only have three days for parks. Planning Epcot on the 25th, MK n the 26th, and HS EMH morning on the 27th. We leave BCV around 11 am on the 28th, so that's out. I read on the FLE expansion thread that CM previews occur on the 26th and 28th, and that CMs can bring up to 3 guests. Anyone know a couple of CMs who might want to adopt us for the day? ;)

Another part of that thread suggested that there may be soft openings on the 27th. So, now I'm trying to decide whether to brave the crowds on that day, too. Easywdw.com has is rated very poorly. :( And, that would mean missing our HS morning. Although maybe we could go, and just do TSMM at opening, and with FP, star tours and RnR, and then go to MK later, (around 10:30?) since we know it'll be busy anyway...

What to do??

We were in MK two weeks ago and Fantasyland is still majorly under construction. The cast previews are mainly just for the restaurant. About half of the new circus area is open (and very cute).

We are doing MNSSHP on the 26th :).

Hubby and I are on this cruise for our 1st anniversary!

I'm wondering if there is a FE group? This would be our 1st time, and we are looking forward to adding to the magic! princess:

If there is a group, could we please be added? - Trista and Jeff
Could we also get a count so we know how many goodies to bring? - This would be our 1st time participating, and our FE was just crafted! Somehow I forgot to get over here and get active again. Been so busy between work and vacation finalizing.

Hopefully we are not too late! We're so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter