10-21-12 Dream!!!

yes, on the 18th!
my sister's birthday is october 31st - halloween - so she's really excited about going to the party....she believes that all halloween parties are specially for her!!:goodvibes

i arrive in orlando on the 9th i think....i'll be there on my own for part of the time and with my best friend from university part of the time..
my mom and sister will come down the day before the party...
we all have a conference together that weekend before the cruise..

Wow! That sounds like a fabulous trip!!! What kind of conference are you all going to?

Tricia

From June '00 I moved to City Hall and worked in Guest Relations. So I was a tour guide both at MK and as a VPI guide. I worked at City Hall and the Guest Relations Window and also as an MO-7 receptionist supporting the MK Duty Manager and the Senior Management of MK. So parties/events saw me doing all kinds of things on those nights too.

I still think my favorite thing was the headless horseman. I am not sure if they still do that. And of course te first time seeingt he fireworks around the perimeter of the park is so magical.

Christopher

Wow, we have a few ex-cm's here! I was Guest Relations at Downtown Disney from 02-04. Before that I was merchandise at DtD and Traning and Development at Animal Kingdom and DU. DH was a merchandise manager in Epcot for a few years.

We do MNSSHHP every year with my mom and the kids. Yes, the headless horseman still rides but he goes SO slow now. It seems to me that everything about the event keeps getting scaled back :( We LOVE the Haunted Mansion cm's in full face make-up. It is so cool!

Has anyone been able to figure out if we will have any Halloween decorations on the ship? I've searched the threads but get so distracted I haven't been able to tell. Searching the disboards tends to bring on a case of short-term ADD! I hope so. We love Halloween!!!

My family and I are going to be visiting the parks before we board the ship
too. Do we have to buy another ticket to go to mnsshp? How does that work? And another question? Any recommendations on how we should split up our time in the parks. We're gonna have the park hopper passes. My kids are 9 and 11 and very much thrill seekers (they come by it honest because so are their parents). I've been to the parks but with a youth group so I wasn't in charge of choosing, I was just crowd control. I still loved it though. I just was so excited to be there!

Thanks for any advice any of you may have!

My family and I are going to be visiting the parks before we board the ship
too. Do we have to buy another ticket to go to mnsshp? How does that work? And another question? Any recommendations on how we should split up our time in the parks. We're gonna have the park hopper passes. My kids are 9 and 11 and very much thrill seekers (they come by it honest because so are their parents). I've been to the parks but with a youth group so I wasn't in charge of choosing, I was just crowd control. I still loved it though. I just was so excited to be there!

Thanks for any advice any of you may have!

There is a great, free, planning site that you should explore: www.easywdw.com. Look at his October crowd calendar to see which park you should go to each day. He is very thorough in his analysis, and accurate with his predictions! There is also some good info there about the MNSSHP. You do need to buy extra tickets - and they're expensive- about $60 per adult, slightly less for kids. In my opinion, the best touring strategy is to get to your chosen park early! Either schedule an in park breakfast (crystal palace at MK, tuskerhouse at AK, or H&V at HS) at 8:00, when the park opens at 9, or be in line by 8:30, waiting for the park to open. We usually stay until about 1, then go back to the resort to play in the pool until we go back out for dinner. The more planning the better! Don't forget to make your meal reservations in advance.

Have fun!
Tricia

I booked my trip online, so I don't have access to a TA. Have any of you that do gotten any information about any Halloween festivities that may be happening on our cruise?

Thank you!

I booked my trip online, so I don't have access to a TA. Have any of you that do gotten any information about any Halloween festivities that may be happening on our cruise?

Thank you!

Hi Tricia,

I too booked my trip online so do not have anything re definitive than the research I have been doing here on the boards and other forums.

As far as I can tell though, the only sailings which include Halloween activities are those that are sailing over the 31st. I find no reports from any other sailings. I sailed the Wonder for Halloween of 2001 and there was a costume party and trick-or-treating for the kids.

I think that now that the ships have the Pirates in the Caribbean night, where MANY people dress up for every cruise that the likelihood of additional Halloween festivities on our cruise is very slim. I could be wrong but planning for pirate night is a sure bet and if you have other costumes the kids want to wear, then really give MNSSHP consideration for before or after the cruise.

I will keep my ears to the ground though and share anything I happen to hear.

UPDATE: Just came across this from 2009 about activities for the whole of October on the Magic and Wonder http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/disney-halloween-at-sea/ still looking for anything about the Dream

Christopher

Hi Tricia,

I too booked my trip online so do not have anything re definitive than the research I have been doing here on the boards and other forums.

As far as I can tell though, the only sailings which include Halloween activities are those that are sailing over the 31st. I find no reports from any other sailings. I sailed the Wonder for Halloween of 2001 and there was a costume party and trick-or-treating for the kids.

I think that now that the ships have the Pirates in the Caribbean night, where MANY people dress up for every cruise that the likelihood of additional Halloween festivities on our cruise is very slim. I could be wrong but planning for pirate night is a sure bet and if you have other costumes the kids want to wear, then really give MNSSHP consideration for before or after the cruise.

I will keep my ears to the ground though and share anything I happen to hear.

UPDATE: Just came across this from 2009 about activities for the whole of October on the Magic and Wonder http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/disney-halloween-at-sea/ still looking for anything about the Dream

Christopher

Thanks, Christopher. I saw similar threads, too. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! If there's some sort of Halloween festivity on the ship, I'll be able to convince my kids that it's the same as at Disney!

Thanks, Christopher. I saw similar threads, too. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! If there's some sort of Halloween festivity on the ship, I'll be able to convince my kids that it's the same as at Disney!
you could tell them that FE is kind of a reverse trick or treating! :)

we're approaching the 120 mark for our cruise for anyone who can make reservations at that time....assuming you're paid in full

we're approaching the 120 mark for our cruise for anyone who can make reservations at that time....assuming you're paid in full

We sure are!!! I have paid my portion off and my parents are making payments with the June 22 deadline in mind.......June 23 is booking day!!!!

Still trying to decide whether to go for a Cabana on Castaway Cay or not. Anyone interested in sharing?

Christopher

When were you at the Emporium? I picked up a few shifts there during busy times (got my Merchandise training when I helped open AK in spring of '98).

I was in the Emporium last year. Probably, we JUST missed each other! ;)

We're on the July 23rd booking window as well ... Still just pegging the bottom line regularly, and we'll have it PIF in time for booking. Kids last day of school is tomorrow, and I'm hoping the summer will just fly by!

Don't fret too much about booking windows. Jut get on as soon as you can to ok what is available and then keep checking back for new releases as people change there minds and cancel things all the time.

Don't fret too much about booking windows. Jut get on as soon as you can to ok what is available and then keep checking back for new releases as people change there minds and cancel things all the time.

You also have people like me that dont book any excursions. so i dont pay attention to when i can start booking anything. So theres 2 spots for someone who wants to do something. your welcome :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter