10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

My gifts are like that too....

Did your cousin in 7132 book 11/10 as well??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yes. She is now on this one with me and we are next door now! Crazy how it worked out but I got 5150 as I had on the 10/20 (cannot believe it wasn't booked already) and she is next door in 5148! How fortunate is that?!!!

Is there ever a bad time to do a Disney cruise ;-)?

Apparently Oct 20! :lmao: Note - totally do not mean to be insensitive to those affected by Sandy last year as well....just can't believe it...what were the chances?? It's like my husband's colleague who has the worst travel karma ever - cancelled flights, missed events, etc... almost every time they travel. We always joke that we will never travel with them for that reason. Let me know when those of you with the "Oct 20 curse" decide to rebook so I can avoid that cruise! ;) (Kidding! Seriously - hope you have a magical and uneventful vacation!!).

And now I have just jinxed myself with the blizzard of the century for March....

;)

I'm now on the 11/10 Magic cruise. Anyone else from our 10/20 Magic Double Dip FE group that might now be going on the 11/10 Magic? I have contacted luvdamouse91 who is heading up their original FE group. She said she would add me to their second FE list (I guess latecomers list). I'm just hoping I can use a good bit of my gifts. All of the gifts for the children were age/gender specific. Oh, well, all is good no matter what!

We are on the 11/10 cruise now, too! Also got the same room 5506! I think my daughter might be even more excited about going to Cozumel than she was about two stops at Castaway Cay! I contacted luvdamouse91 today as well to ask to be put on the latecomers FE list.

We are on the 11/10 cruise now, too! Also got the same room 5506! I think my daughter might be even more excited about going to Cozumel than she was about two stops at Castaway Cay! I contacted luvdamouse91 today as well to ask to be put on the latecomers FE list.

Yep, I think that is you listed on the bottom of the FE list! We are sad that we don't get two stops at CC, but we are booked for the beach day at Cozumel so we are excited about that. We'll see you in November!

We also moved to the 11/10 cruise.

Count us in for the 11/10 cruise out of Miami. Best of luck to everyone who is searching for a new vacation slot!:hourglass

Has anyone else received their refund yet? I checked our credit cards and we haven't yet. Just wondering how long I should wait before I call?

Has anyone else received their refund yet? I checked our credit cards and we haven't yet. Just wondering how long I should wait before I call?

I paid with two different bank cards. One had received its portion of the refund; however, the second is still waiting.

I was wondering the same thing! The refund should just be automatic, right? I think I might call today to see what is up.

jjnshane said:
I was wondering the same thing! The refund should just be automatic, right? I think I might call today to see what is up.

A lot depends on your bank or cc company as to when they release the funds.

I am glad for those of you on the Magic right now. It was very hard looking at all the pictures and reports though. We are still very upset with Disney. We were booked in cat R and there are no options for us, even past May. There are no options for us, ever at this point. All that is available in the cat is a 3 night and not any of those are even open until January......I imagine that makes for cold water. Maybe I shouldn't complain since it's a "free" cruise but we had booked this long before things were announced. I had planned this for so long only to have it shot down at the last minute.

We ended up taking a last minute cruise on RCCL. We were in the last 2 inside rooms. We had a good time but I felt the ship was geared more towards drinking adults rather than families. My son still really loved the kids club so that makes me happy. We had a good time with RCCL, it just wasn't the vacation I had planned for. And now I realize that it probably never will be. We will likely just take the 3 nighter in January to get it out of the way (because no 35% off will ever be worth it). No cabana or swimming in the water that time of year. What I would like is for Disney to just hold it for us until a 5 night opens up, maybe in 2015. But they won't consider that. And I know a lot of people are saying they wish they had been on our cruise so they can get a free cruise out of it. But we had planned for a specific cruise and it's not a possibility. I know things can always cause you to miss a cruise like weather or illness. But I do blame Disney for this. #1 it should have been planned better. #2 at the very minimum, it should have been announced earlier before leaving Cadiz.

I will make this my last rant because I need to move on. And at least we were able to salvage things and do something. Some people didn't even get that. Hubby and I are now looking at future cruises with RCCL with one of their nicer ships. I am hesitant to spend money on a DCL cruise anymore so their loss. Maybe I will feel differently after the 3 night cruise in January. But after losing the extra 2 nights and everything else we had planned for, it would be pretty hard to win me over again.

I am glad for those of you on the Magic right now. It was very hard looking at all the pictures and reports though. We are still very upset with Disney. We were booked in cat R and there are no options for us, even past May. There are no options for us, ever at this point. All that is available in the cat is a 3 night and not any of those are even open until January......I imagine that makes for cold water. Maybe I shouldn't complain since it's a "free" cruise but we had booked this long before things were announced. I had planned this for so long only to have it shot down at the last minute.

We ended up taking a last minute cruise on RCCL. We were in the last 2 inside rooms. We had a good time but I felt the ship was geared more towards drinking adults rather than families. My son still really loved the kids club so that makes me happy. We had a good time with RCCL, it just wasn't the vacation I had planned for. And now I realize that it probably never will be. We will likely just take the 3 nighter in January to get it out of the way (because no 35% off will ever be worth it). No cabana or swimming in the water that time of year. What I would like is for Disney to just hold it for us until a 5 night opens up, maybe in 2015. But they won't consider that. And I know a lot of people are saying they wish they had been on our cruise so they can get a free cruise out of it. But we had planned for a specific cruise and it's not a possibility. I know things can always cause you to miss a cruise like weather or illness. But I do blame Disney for this. #1 it should have been planned better. #2 at the very minimum, it should have been announced earlier before leaving Cadiz.

I will make this my last rant because I need to move on. And at least we were able to salvage things and do something. Some people didn't even get that. Hubby and I are now looking at future cruises with RCCL with one of their nicer ships. I am hesitant to spend money on a DCL cruise anymore so their loss. Maybe I will feel differently after the 3 night cruise in January. But after losing the extra 2 nights and everything else we had planned for, it would be pretty hard to win me over again.

I am sharing your feelings. For me the free cruise is worthless. We had the cruise planned with additional days of vacation and have now spent a significant amount of money on 5 days of vacation, vacation we had to find last minute, in any place that had a vacancy, that worked with our other plans. I can't take another vacation before May, 2014. Then the free cruise is only for 3 or 4 days, not a 5 day and definitely not a double dip.

The discount offered is not much either. Booking a cruise for 2014 or 2015 at 35 percent off will end up being a minimal benefit. Here again, few 5 days, few double dips and Disney price increases, especially for 2015, will lower the overall percent off, compared to the price of the cruise we just lost.

I have never had a more disappointing vacation experience and I am so sorry for those who had children to let down and who had special circumstances like you described.

Maybe to some travelers, a cruise is just another trip, but for others, there is a certain amount of emotional investment in the trips they plan and spend their money on. Disney broke my heart cancelling this cruise at the last minute and their offer does nothing to repair that.

I agree with both of you. This was to be our first cruise and we were looking forward to a 5 day cruise but now we only get a 4 day cruise in January not happy. I think it will be to cold to swim. Oh well guess I will get over it someday lol.

If anyone is interested, I started a trip report for my make-up cruise aboard the Fantasy, it's called "Magical Rejects and Redemption". :)

I totally agree !!! Some airline fees were reimbursed ...great !!! But we drove !!!! Nothing for us...not fair !!! I never thought I would say ..we need to start looking for vacations somewhere else. Disney is so familiar. We travel on the cruises or to WDW 3-4 times a year. It broke our hearts. So much planning and giggling about what we will do and how much we will eat. Does Disney really get it ??? Do THEY have the Magic??? Doesn't seem like it to me. Who were they thinking of? Certainly not all the kids that were soooo excited !!!;(

I was in the Magic Kingdom in line to ride Splash Mountain, when I got the news of the cancelled cruise. I had to quickly find hotel space for my Five days I would have been on the Magic, since the plan was to return to Disney after the cruise for a few more nights before heading home. My vacation turned into a hotel hopping experience, which I don't recommend at the frequency I was having to move hotels, this would have been compounded had I not had a rental car. I was in 6 resorts over the course of my 14 day trip, in several cases moving on a daily basis as there was no availability for consecutive days at the resorts on property.

I have found my Travel Insurance is going to cover some of my added expenses for the two nights I paid cash for at Pop & ASSp and for the additional meals, but it will not give me anything for the DVC points I had to borrow from next year's allotment to cover 3 of the additional nights on property. I had a great time despite the cancellation and got to see and spend time with several friends over the course of my two week trip.

I have booked the October 4, Southern Caribbean Cruise next year using my On-Board Booking Credit, My 25% Hurricane Sandy Discount and the 35% from this cruise. The Free cruise was not an option for me as the only time I would be able to travel is between Christmas & New Years during our Holiday Break and that was not an option in their Free Cruise offer.

I agree with both of you. This was to be our first cruise and we were looking forward to a 5 day cruise but now we only get a 4 day cruise in January not happy. I think it will be to cold to swim. Oh well guess I will get over it someday lol.

It shouldn't be too cold to swim. I have been to Grand Cayman and other islands in January and February and was still able to swim. I do not like cold water at all. So, for me to get in the water it had to be pretty decent.

Our family is still upset about the canceled cruise. We ended up going to WDW for 9 days. We originally were going to WDW for 4 days and our TA was able to get our stay extended for the whole time. We were lucky we didn't have to do a split stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter