10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Friday I cancelled my cruise. My TA said it would be 20% and it wasn't quite that amount. I assume it is 20% of the original cruise I booked.

There were just too many reasons to not go piling up:

Both of my daughters changed schools this year so I hate to pull them out for a week in October without seeing how they are doing in school. It has always been a house rule that only straight A students get to be pulled out of school for a vacation. At this moment it is just too early to tell. I anticipate they will be fine but would hate to think they didn't do as well as they could because they missed a week.

My husband was diagnosed with antibiotic resistant Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever & Lyme disease in March. He is on large doses of antibiotics. While he is much better than he was, he is not yet 100% and has missed a lot of work being sick and dr's appointments. Anyway, his boss is being a pain about approving his vacation time. He isn't saying no but isn't saying yes either. I really think he won't be refused the time off but would hate to take the chance of losing ground on his recovery (who knows if a vacation may help or aggravate) then be in bad favor with his boss and be down 5 days of vacation time.

His boss being an jerk was the final straw. Yes, he misses a lot of work being sick...... so he can't take a vacation?!? :mad: I hope Karma visits this man <_<

We're all disappointed, probably my 15 y/o the most. My 10 y/o perked up when we said we would try to go to Disney World in May. Our last cruise we really wished we had gone to Disney World but with dh's work situation 5 days was all he could manage off.

I hope you all have a wonderful time :thumbsup2

Friday I cancelled my cruise. My TA said it would be 20% and it wasn't quite that amount. I assume it is 20% of the original cruise I booked.

There were just too many reasons to not go piling up:

Both of my daughters changed schools this year so I hate to pull them out for a week in October without seeing how they are doing in school. It has always been a house rule that only straight A students get to be pulled out of school for a vacation. At this moment it is just too early to tell. I anticipate they will be fine but would hate to think they didn't do as well as they could because they missed a week.

My husband was diagnosed with antibiotic resistant Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever & Lyme disease in March. He is on large doses of antibiotics. While he is much better than he was, he is not yet 100% and has missed a lot of work being sick and dr's appointments. Anyway, his boss is being a pain about approving his vacation time. He isn't saying no but isn't saying yes either. I really think he won't be refused the time off but would hate to take the chance of losing ground on his recovery (who knows if a vacation may help or aggravate) then be in bad favor with his boss and be down 5 days of vacation time.

His boss being an jerk was the final straw. Yes, he misses a lot of work being sick...... so he can't take a vacation?!? :mad: I hope Karma visits this man <_<

We're all disappointed, probably my 15 y/o the most. My 10 y/o perked up when we said we would try to go to Disney World in May. Our last cruise we really wished we had gone to Disney World but with dh's work situation 5 days was all he could manage off.

I hope you all have a wonderful time :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear this...I was looking forward to sailing with you again.

I do hope your husband is feeling 100% soon; and agree, karma can kick the boss in the butt!

WDW is a great alternative! Sending you lots of pixie dust for that!

Sorry to hear u can't make it :(
Lymes disease is nothing to mess with... My son was diagnosed when he was 8 yrs old he will be 29 in December . If you ever have questions please get in touch with me .
ahmbmjb@yahoo.com...

Well, the Magic has started her dry dock!! Woo-hoo! It's real now, folks! We bought our fish extender at IKEA today, just need to decorate it, and my gifts are almost done! I can't wait to see the updates as they leak, it's all going to happen so fast now!

Any First Responders interested in trading Challenge Coins onboard?

Always looking to expand my collection. :)

We finally made our pregnancy Facebook official, haha... Just wanted to share here as well, that thanks to the magic of early genetic testing, we now know we are having another little boy! He is healthy as can be, and all my 30-something risk factors were squashed like bugs. :)

Congratulations, how wonderful!

Is the correct/most current version of the FE list on the boards here? I know that there have been room updates & there is a version on facebook, but is there one on here that i'm missing? I would like to make sure the copy I have & am working with is correct.

Thanks!

Got our cruise docs today!!!!!

Hi Emily, Did you get my message? I got out our cruise books last night to show Emily pictures of Isabelle so she would remember her. I didn't realize how long it's been since we've seen you.

Hi Emily, Did you get my message? I got out our cruise books last night to show Emily pictures of Isabelle so she would remember her. I didn't realize how long it's been since we've seen you.

Hi Dawn!

I'll check my PMs now :) Isabelle definitely remembers 'little' Emily ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Dang it, I'm starting to wonder if I might have forgotten to give DCL our new address after our move. I thought I had, but no cruise docs yet! I'll have to call them tomorrow. Hopefully the people who now live at our old rental home don't have our same last name and think they won a cruise, haha!

Oh happy day!!!!! I just got my cruise docs!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Is the correct/most current version of the FE list on the boards here? I know that there have been room updates & there is a version on facebook, but is there one on here that i'm missing? I would like to make sure the copy I have & am working with is correct.

Thanks!

I emailed you the current spreadsheet Kelly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter