10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

We have been booked on this cruise since June of 2012, but we just recently decided to join the FE. PM with info has been sent to TheBeadPirate.

Hello all.

Hey guys!!! Just thought I would join in a say hi. Just recently joined DVC in July and with the bonus of points I decided to book this cruise for my partner Robert and myself Justin. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and Roberts first cruise ever, I'm of course over the moon excited and he is getting there as he discovers the amazingness that is coming his way. We're flying into Miami and day early and staying a day late just to relax and venture into the city. We're set up for second dining and that's only because we don't have any kids and its nice not to be rushed while eating. I guess that's all for now, hope you guys are as excited as us :)

Yeah! We could finally check in last night! So excited that this is getting closer, and that we got a PAT of 11:30. I didn't think there would be early spots left.

Hey guys!!! Just thought I would join in a say hi. Just recently joined DVC in July and with the bonus of points I decided to book this cruise for my partner Robert and myself Justin. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and Roberts first cruise ever, I'm of course over the moon excited and he is getting there as he discovers the amazingness that is coming his way. We're flying into Miami and day early and staying a day late just to relax and venture into the city. We're set up for second dining and that's only because we don't have any kids and its nice not to be rushed while eating. I guess that's all for now, hope you guys are as excited as us :)

Welcome aboard Robert and Justin!! This will be my partner's first cruise, DCL or otherwise as well. (Hope he likes it because I already have us booked on one for next year...:ssst: My next step is convincing him of the wonders of DVC. That will be a harder task I presume.

Yeah! We could finally check in last night! So excited that this is getting closer, and that we got a PAT of 11:30. I didn't think there would be early spots left.

Congrats!!! Welcome aboard officially to all the first time cruisers!!! Its real now!!!!!

Welcome aboard Robert and Justin!! This will be my partner's first cruise, DCL or otherwise as well. (Hope he likes it because I already have us booked on one for next year...:ssst: My next step is convincing him of the wonders of DVC. That will be a harder task I presume.

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you too, our guys are going to have a great time. I was able to convince Robert of DVC because my home resort is not on property, so he was ok with Hawaii and Aulani :) But I have family with on resort home resort so if I really needed it I can get the good booking. What other cruise will you be on for next year, were going to do the fantasy again next July. Do you have anything special planned for a first timer, I'm thinking of doing a gift basket with some of the basics that he is going to need.

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you too, our guys are going to have a great time. I was able to convince Robert of DVC because my home resort is not on property, so he was ok with Hawaii and Aulani :) But I have family with on resort home resort so if I really needed it I can get the good booking. What other cruise will you be on for next year, were going to do the fantasy again next July. Do you have anything special planned for a first timer, I'm thinking of doing a gift basket with some of the basics that he is going to need.

We are going on the Magic again next October out of San Juan for a Southern Caribbean itinerary (as are a few other folks on this thread:banana:)

Even though he won't readily admit it, he is excited for the experience.

I've got a couple surprises cooked up with the help of my wonderful travel agent. He already has the guest bed filled with outfits and he is making a chart to ensure he packs enough. (Two outfits per day, plus one alternate per every three days--for the entire time we're gone.) Needless to say sneaking something into the luggage will be impossible, so I have to ship anything to my 'secret agent' to bring it aboard for me. Nothing illegal or dangerous (other than to my bank account...)

If you were looking for a cabana you might wanna go check. They just moved mine to one I wanted

We just paid in full for this cruise tonight! Booked it 'last minute' while on our Med cruise in June/July. That trip was supposed to be our 20th anniversary trip, but since it was with our girls and my parents (who were celebrating their 50th) we decided to do a little getaway for just ourselves as well. What better way to celebrate than on the Magic after the refurb? Getting a double dip @ Castaway Cay to boot! What more can a girl want? ;)

We just paid in full for this cruise tonight! Booked it 'last minute' while on our Med cruise in June/July. That trip was supposed to be our 20th anniversary trip, but since it was with our girls and my parents (who were celebrating their 50th) we decided to do a little getaway for just ourselves as well. What better way to celebrate than on the Magic after the refurb? Getting a double dip @ Castaway Cay to boot! What more can a girl want? ;)

Happy Anniversary! We will be celebrating our 5th! :woohoo:

We are "ALMOST there". Ready to concentrate on this cruise! :cool1: We close on our house tomorrow then we are moving to a rental on the 10th.

Congrats on the closing! Are you ready for move-in???

We are also selling our house. We are waiting for a contract. Hoping to get one soon. Congrats on closing! :-)

Good luck with your house! The market is looking up again! :goodvibes

:goodvibes
We will be driving down from Orlando the morning of as well -- But my husband isn't exactly an early riser when he doesn't need to be at work, so my plan is to drag him out of bed to be on the road by 8, so we should be at the port around noon. Maybe we can get there earlier if I let our daughter go jump on daddy to wake him up by 6 (I'm sure she and I will both be too excited to sleep! :rotfl: )

And some sugary cereal about 5:30 would help with your alarm clock idea.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I agree with the sugary cereal! :rotfl:

We have been booked on this cruise since June of 2012, but we just recently decided to join the FE. PM with info has been sent to TheBeadPirate.

Hello all.

Hi! Welcome aboard!!!

Hi Justin! (And Robert, if you stop by these boards!) Welcome aboard! Where are you guys staying?

Sweet on the early PAT!

My next step is convincing him of the wonders of DVC. That will be a harder task I presume.

Just give him a few drinks before the DVC presentation. ;)

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a good deal to sail the Magic again! Happy Anniversary!

We are getting closer and closer! (And past the PIF date so no turning back now!)
bliss.gif

Finally getting a chance to check in....I'm Elaine aka Mickey&JoshNut...I am cruisin' with my friend Linda (seaulater)...not sure of our stateroom number (I will just follow Linda to the room) and I understand she signed us up for the FE. I am so looking forward to this cruise and to meeting everyone. This will be DCL cruise #14 for me.

While I have been booked on this cruise for about a month or so, life has been a little hectic as my Mom was hospitalized with acute pancreatitis (sp?) and then before they could do the surgery she had a heart attack...she is now out of the hospital (yeah!!!) and is currently at home. She will be undergoing many tests before the end of the month and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will have had her surgery to remove the gallbladder and gallstones and will be on the road to recovery by the time this cruise rolls around because I am in desperate need of a Disney fix. I can't wait to see all the changes to the Disney Magic...I'm still not sure about the AquaDunk...I might need a few adult beverages to generate enough courage to try it out!!!!!

Finally getting a chance to check in....I'm Elaine aka Mickey&JoshNut...I am cruisin' with my friend Linda (seaulater)...not sure of our stateroom number (I will just follow Linda to the room) and I understand she signed us up for the FE. I am so looking forward to this cruise and to meeting everyone. This will be DCL cruise #14 for me.

While I have been booked on this cruise for about a month or so, life has been a little hectic as my Mom was hospitalized with acute pancreatitis (sp?) and then before they could do the surgery she had a heart attack...she is now out of the hospital (yeah!!!) and is currently at home. She will be undergoing many tests before the end of the month and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will have had her surgery to remove the gallbladder and gallstones and will be on the road to recovery by the time this cruise rolls around because I am in desperate need of a Disney fix. I can't wait to see all the changes to the Disney Magic...I'm still not sure about the AquaDunk...I might need a few adult beverages to generate enough courage to try it out!!!!!

Welcome aboard! I've had a bout or two of pancreatitis and wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Hope your mum is recovering well!

:beach::beach::beach:

And I know there are some mighty tasty adult beverage on board. What is your favorite? Which would you recommend? (And you better believe you'll see me bellied up to the bar on Castaway for 2-for-1 specials...)

Looks like the two-night cruise AFTER ours is the Preview Cruise ;) Yay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm confused too. Is there not one on the 18th?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

No. There is not a 2-night Preview cruise on the 18th. We are slated to be the first cruise after the transatlantic sailing without passengers.

The Preview Cruise for VIPs, travel agents, etc., is the cruise after ours. I know someone who got an invite & is attending. Typically on Preview Cruises, it's invite only, but this one will also have paying guests (us!).

Looks like we may be the first folks to sleep in our beds after all!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Are you sure? Cruise fish was showing a cruise on the 18th. That makes me happy though! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ahhhh, I see! Well that would be super awesome. Maybe they are banking on needing every minute to finish what they started in dry dock. I won't fuss either way, but I'd sure love to drop off my stuff and unpack!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter