10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

It's a real heartbreaker, I absolutely adore character breakfast. Although to be fair, I never actually sat and enjoyed it. I've only ever worked it.

90 days until we set sail!

Booked my Palo dinner last night at midnight and did my online check in.

There was still plenty of Dinner times offered each night, except for on Pirate Night (Day 4), which was only showing 8:30 p.m.

I haven't decided on whether to do any excursions on this trip. Still debating on Parasailing at CC.

I'm always surprised how Palo books up on pirate night with grown ups who don't want anything to do with it! I love me some pirate night!! Different strokes for different folks, I guess!!

I like pirate night- I just don't care for the dinner menu that night. I've tried and tried to find something that appeals to me and would rather just do Palo where I know I LOVE almost everything. So yeah, we'll be in Palo for dinner an then racing down to get ready for the fun

I'm always surprised how Palo books up on pirate night with grown ups who don't want anything to do with it! I love me some pirate night!! Different strokes for different folks, I guess!!

I like pirate night- I just don't care for the dinner menu that night. I've tried and tried to find something that appeals to me and would rather just do Palo where I know I LOVE almost everything. So yeah, we'll be in Palo for dinner an then racing down to get ready for the fun

This is my dilemma! I love, love, love Pirate Night and really enjoy all the shenanigans in the dining room. But oy! That menu just stinks...especially for vegetarians! We're doing Pirate Night in the dining room this go-round only because we are traveling with friends and five (of their seven) kids, and I so want to experience that with the youngins!

Ah ha! Now Palo PLUS Pirate Night is a medium I could get behind! I can't remember the food from pirate night, come to think of it. I have to pay more attention this time. PLUS we're in AP, which I know already isn't famous for it's culinary excellence, haha.

I guess we are in the minority - DD & I like the Treasure of the Seas pasta and DH likes the entree salad on the pirate menu. The desserts are awful, & I think they do that on purpose to try to coax you into coming to the Pirate night buffet (which I've been to once in 8 cruises, DH twice)......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have spent the last 3 months in study mode! I took & passed my last exam to earn my CPCU designation (insurance related) this morning! I am now in full on planning & FE making mode!!!!! 87 more days!!!!!

Okay, guess I need to post that I am coming. Spent 28 nights on the Magic this summer and just returned July 13th. Can't wait to see the changes on the ship. It is me, and my friend Elaine (Mickey&JoshNut). We will have lots of fun exploring on the new Magic. We are in 6067.

I just read this and it makes me nerves about FE now.....

4/19/13: The following letter is from Disney Cruise Line and will be placed in guests' staterooms in the next couple of weeks:

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

On the 3 back to back to back cruises we just did, there was never any letters given to us telling us of these restrictions.

Is anyone flying in to Ft Lauderdale the day before? We are looking to split the cost of a rental van! (Or some other form of transportation that's economical!) ;)-

Is anyone flying in to Ft Lauderdale the day before? We are looking to split the cost of a rental van! (Or some other form of transportation that's economical!) ;)-

We are. Our flight doesn't get until 11:30pm so basically we are just sleeping there for a few hours!
I haven't booked our hotel yet or looked into transportation, but we would gladly share to save money! There are 4 of us.

We are flying into Ft Laud. and staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th st (got a good deal using their mvp website). There are 4 of us. If that works for anyone looking to split the cost of transportation let me know! I'm all for saving a few bucks and it looks like the more people you have the better the deal.

Gina

More than OK. We are platinum so we want to be there as soon as the port opens.

:lmao: Well, we're not platinum - it's our first cruise! We haven't even got to check in yet (Aug. 6th), I fell like we've been waiting forever! But I plan on picking the earliest PAT left and we would really like to get to port as early as we can, so if we can work something out that'd be great!

I have a feeling everyone is going to be there early ;)

I, for one, can't wait to have embarkation lunch at Carioca's!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So, since we are the first cruisers post dry dock,. What are the chances that we'll be let to our staterooms right away & not have to carry our carry ons to lunch with us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter