10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

2. I think I read somewhere that only Palo will be open on Wednesday? We did Palo brunch last time and it was amazing, I think I will be totally disappointed if they are only offering lunch/dinner on one day

3. Has anyone taken transportation from FLL airport to Port of Miami? We are family of 4, just wondering what cost will be? Last time I rented a car and a shuttle took us, but I think I wasted a lot of money doing that.

4. I'm really not sure if they day in Atlantis is worth the price tag, I have been there myself in 2005, and our kids are 1 and 4-not sure they would get the full enjoyment out of the water slides. Does anyone have advice on going to a nearby resort for a day?

5. I have been praying everyday that we won't have to cancel this cruise. We are moving to Connecticut in a few weeks, our house is up for sale, I am starting a new job at the end of August(hoping I can take the time off) and my daughter will be starting new school. But, having said all that, I think I really need the cruise.........lol.

1. I was added awhile ago to FE list, is there a close date? and where is the list being posted?

Hey there! Looks like you did manage to hit 10 posts...yay! You are on the list that is in the 3rd post on the first page of this thread. Now that you have ten posts and can send private messages, send one to TheBeadPirate with your stateroom number and the names of the people in your stateroom. She will be sending out all the details to everyone once we get closer to the sail date. The cutoff date for the FE is 75 days out (final payment date) which is some time in early August.

2. I think I read somewhere that only Palo will be open on Wednesday? We did Palo brunch last time and it was amazing, I think I will be totally disappointed if they are only offering lunch/dinner on one day

Palo will be open for dinner each night, and for brunch only on our one sea. Dinner reservations will be easier to come by since there will be more days available. If you cannot snag a reservation on your date to begin booking those, keep checking back as people do cancel. On top of that, DCL does hold a certain number of reservations back so that people can book after they board the ship. If you do not get one prior to the sail date, make sure you try and get a reservation as soon as you board.

3. Has anyone taken transportation from FLL airport to Port of Miami? We are family of 4, just wondering what cost will be? Last time I rented a car and a shuttle took us, but I think I wasted a lot of money doing that.

Will you be flying in the day of, or the day prior? There are always options for hotel shuttles if you are flying in the day before, but that really depends where you are staying, and if they offer the service.

SAS Transport shuttle is $15/person one-way if you have 1 to 4 people; $13/person one-way if you have 5+ people. There are several other shuttle services as well...all around the same rates. Depending on how many are in your party, it might be cheaper to find a one-way car rental.

4. I'm really not sure if they day in Atlantis is worth the price tag, I have been there myself in 2005, and our kids are 1 and 4-not sure they would get the full enjoyment out of the water slides. Does anyone have advice on going to a nearby resort for a day?

Personally, I do not feel the price tag at Atlantis is worth it, especially for children as young as yours (many of the attractions are geared towards older kids). If you are really itching to go, you might want to check Comfort Suites next door for a day room at a discount rate such as AAA. It would end up being much less expensive. There are several options for just a beach day if you would rather hang out at the beach, such as the Colonial Hilton. Would something like that be a good alternative?

5. I have been praying everyday that we won't have to cancel this cruise. We are moving to Connecticut in a few weeks, our house is up for sale, I am starting a new job at the end of August(hoping I can take the time off) and my daughter will be starting new school. But, having said all that, I think I really need the cruise.........lol.

Good luck with your move and new job!!!

We have the same doubts - kiddos will be 2, 6, and 8 at the time of the cruise. When I looked at the actual descriptions of the slides, the younger two weren't tall enough for at least 1/2 - 3/4 of them, and oldest will be too tall for the kids area where the other two will have to go. I think we have decided that DH and DD(8) may go, but I will stay behind on the ship with the other two. There will be plenty to keep them busy/happy!
:)

I think we've decided to do just the Atlantis aquarium self guided tour with the beach pass. Once we're sick of the beach (or once it's nap time!) we'll just head back to the ship.

I think we've decided to do just the Atlantis aquarium self guided tour with the beach pass. Once we're sick of the beach (or once it's nap time!) we'll just head back to the ship.

That sounds like alot of fun. We may have to re-think our excursion plans which invlove walking to Starbucks. :rotfl:

I love it! Looks like some fancy new additions to the holiday routine, I'm sure that some of that will cross over to us!!

Back from surgery and the new grandparent-itis.

Congrats Eva and Von!

The roll call and FE list are updated. I have some people I'm missing some info from for the FE but I'll send out PMs to those peeps.

I'd like to set a cut off of Aug 15 for the FE. Is that ok with everyone?

Anyone adds after that you can still gift to but it is up to you (we always have extras packed- just in case).

Once the list is complete I'll email it out to everyone signed up.

Thanks, Lori! And congrats to your family, too!!! August 15 works for me, I can't take much more of this, haha.

Does anyone know if there will be a characteR breakfast? That is one of our favorite things.

Concierge told me no character breakfast. :( They said they're only doing that on 7-night sailings.

Disney released some info about Halloween Celebrations at Sea today in the Blog. Nothing specific for our cruise yet, though. :(

The Halloween festivities are only on the 10/27 cruise on the Magic :(

"Halloween on all OTHER Disney ships ....

The crew is scaring up surprises on the following sailings:
Disney Magic itinerary departing October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder itineraries departing September 28 to October 26, 2013
Disney Fantasy itineraries departing September 21 to October 26, 2013"

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The Halloween festivities are only on the 10/27 cruise on the Magic :(

"Halloween on all OTHER Disney ships ....

The crew is scaring up surprises on the following sailings:
Disney Magic itinerary departing October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder itineraries departing September 28 to October 26, 2013
Disney Fantasy itineraries departing September 21 to October 26, 2013"

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well, that stinks!

Concierge told me no character breakfast. :( They said they're only doing that on 7-night sailings.

That stinks. It would be nice if the would do it on a reservation basis like Palo. In my past experience not everyone goes to character breakfasts. Then they could do them on a shorter sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter