10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Yes, it looks like the Magic will be dry docked for at least a month and this will be the first cruise afterward. Really looking forward to this :)

My mind is torn between Atlantis and the sealion excursion. Lots of time to decide though.

We're all booked for this one, our 4th cruise, and 3rd time on the Magic! In addition to my DW and MIL it will be our 2 boys who will be 8 and 6 and our daughter who will be 4. We actually prefer the Magic to the Dream. We much prefer the kids club facilities on the Magic and for some reason the smaller ship just feels more comfortable. This will also be our second time doing the double dip. We can't wait! Hopefully there will be time for us to do a Not So Scary Halloween Party at the World before or after the cruise too.

Welcome!!! I'm glad to hear your thoughts on the Magic, I'm very excited to see the differences.

We actually prefer the Magic to the Dream. We much prefer the kids club facilities on the Magic and for some reason the smaller ship just feels more comfortable.

Why do you like the Magic better for the kid's club?

P.s. Looks like a lot of us have kids in the same age range. Mine will be 7 when we sail.

Why do you like the Magic better for the kid's club?

P.s. Looks like a lot of us have kids in the same age range. Mine will be 7 when we sail.

We like the play structure that they have on the Magic. Even though the space there is smaller the play area feels better. My kdis prefer it too. On our recent cruise (5 day Canada cruise this past July on the Magic) our oldest (7) spent more time in the lab. He much preferred it there as I guess he had grown out of the play structure. On the last night we had to drag him out of the club at 11pm because he refused to leave.

The other thing we noticed is that on the Magic the kids did a little show for us in the theatre but they didn't do that on the Dream.

Does anyone know when they will announce what is going to be done on the dry dock?

So is this what they call an inaugeral cruise? Im confused by what that means.

Bonniec said:
So is this what they call an inaugeral cruise? Im confused by what that means.

I'm guessing to inaugurate the new stuff from dry dock?!? Not sure on that one. When you saw that "inaugural cruise" what did it reference? Now I'm curious.

Joined this cruise -myself, DH (42), and DD (15). Looking forward to double dip at CC. This will be our 5th cruise!

Did our first cruise on the Dream in September and booked again. In the folder there was no double-dip in 2013 so we booked a 4-nighter to the Bahamas in December, till I read this post, rebooked to this double-dib in October 2013, joepie ( dutch for Yippee ).

Me (Ron) and my wife (Marieke) love Casteway Cay. Hope the Magic is in some Halloween Style.

Anybody does FE?

Welcome! Glad you found us. This sailing was announced late, so maybe they didn't reprint the folders when this came out. That's my only thought. I'm hoping for some Halloween decorations as well.

We're leaving on the Fantasy in the morning. Is it ok if I update post 1 when we get back? I still have lots of packing to do!

Welcome to the newbies!

And yes, we also do Fish extenders. Figured we could wait awhile before starting that list though.

Greetings, everyone! My new fiancé and I just got off that rockin cruise on the Fantasy, and it looks like we will be joining this cruise now! Gotta do the double dip to make up for lost time. We will be bringing our little one with us, he will be two and a half. Happy to be joining you all!

Oh yes! At the time of sailing, it will be me (33) my fiancé Von (30) and our sweet Elliot (2.5). We plan on getting married sooner rather than later, so we will likely be married and hopefully there will be another one on the way by October 2013! This will be our 2nd cruise together with Disney, first time for our son.

Welcome! Glad you are okay and willing to sail again. Kind of worried about Beadpirate. She hasn't come back to post yet. :(

This will be my first cruise. So excited for it!

ETA: Grats on the engagement!

Hehe. I'm here. Just working on a burn and turn to get everything unpacked-washed-repacked-get to new Orleans for work again today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter