10/2/2011 Disney Dream 4nt

I just booked yesterday!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I am Simona, it will be myself, my DH Mike, our 4 DS (14, 12, 5, 2)
and also my parents. This is our FIRST cruise!!! I am so excited and have a ton of questions. The FE thing sounds cute, would love to particpate.
What do I need to be working on? Do I need to book a hotel now? We are probably going to drive (too expensive for 8 to fly!) Does anyone know of a good hotel close to port where we can park our car for the week?
Also, I have seen pics of the cute doors, would love to decorate ours. I know we can't use tape... what other ideas for magnets?
SO excited! :dance3:
Nice to meet everyone!

I just booked yesterday!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I am Simona, it will be myself, my DH Mike, our 4 DS (14, 12, 5, 2)
and also my parents. This is our FIRST cruise!!! I am so excited and have a ton of questions. The FE thing sounds cute, would love to particpate.
What do I need to be working on? Do I need to book a hotel now? We are probably going to drive (too expensive for 8 to fly!) Does anyone know of a good hotel close to port where we can park our car for the week?
Also, I have seen pics of the cute doors, would love to decorate ours. I know we can't use tape... what other ideas for magnets?
SO excited! :dance3:
Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome aboard!

I remember my first cruise and all the questions I had. You have a lot of people here who are "experienced" and are happy to help. There are a number of hotels that allow you to leave your car. The Radisson Resort at the Port has packages that will allow you to leave vehicles parked there while on the cruise and also provides a free shuttle to the terminal in the morning. Rates are pretty reasonable and they have a great pool for your kids. I am sure some other people have some other suggestions as well.

For door decorations, I usually print whatever I want on to magnet sheets (available at just about any office supply store) and cut them out.

I will add you to the FE list. Just let me know how you want yourself listed (two cabins or just one...room number...etc.)

Welcome aboard!

I remember my first cruise and all the questions I had. You have a lot of people here who are "experienced" and are happy to help. There are a number of hotels that allow you to leave your car. The Radisson Resort at the Port has packages that will allow you to leave vehicles parked there while on the cruise and also provides a free shuttle to the terminal in the morning. Rates are pretty reasonable and they have a great pool for your kids. I am sure some other people have some other suggestions as well.

For door decorations, I usually print whatever I want on to magnet sheets (available at just about any office supply store) and cut them out.

I will add you to the FE list. Just let me know how you want yourself listed (two cabins or just one...room number...etc.)

Thanks!! We are in cabin 10040 and 10038. I don't know which deck that is on, guess I will have to call my travel agent. I think we will add both cabins to FE list, as my parents would enjoy the gifts as well and we are splitting my boys up, so it will be 2 adults/2 boys per room.
Thanks for the info, I am going to try to book the Radisson today.
Looking forward to cruising! It seems so far away, yet all I can do is google cruise info!!! :laughing:

Thanks!! We are in cabin 10040 and 10038. I don't know which deck that is on, guess I will have to call my travel agent. I think we will add both cabins to FE list, as my parents would enjoy the gifts as well and we are splitting my boys up, so it will be 2 adults/2 boys per room.
Thanks for the info, I am going to try to book the Radisson today.
Looking forward to cruising! It seems so far away, yet all I can do is google cruise info!!! :laughing:

Gotcha updated on the FE list.

Those cabins will be on Deck 10. It seems far away, but I know that it will sneak up on us too!

Is Deck 10 a decent place to be? Forgive my ignorance! :confused3
We got two adjoining veranda rooms.
I am thinking this will be the fastest 4 days of my life! Wish I could have sailed the 7 night cruise! :boat:

I am thinking this will be the fastest 4 days of my life! Wish I could have sailed the 7 night cruise! :boat:

Well, I have only sailed the Magic and Wonder.. this will be my first time on the Dream, so I dont have an opinion of Deck 10 yet.

Guaranteed to be the fastest 4 days of your life! WELCOME ABOARD! We're on deck 8 verandah, so we'll all have to watch trip reports and room reports to see how things stack up. How can you go wrong though? You're own a branch new ship, run by Disney and visiting Castaway Cay! :rotfl:

We love to stay at the Country Inn & Suites! Very clean, close to port, parking for your car, shuttle to/from the port, and free breakfast. Another added perk if you ask for room view a view of the port you will wake up to see your ship out your room window!

Hello all! I figured it's about time I get back on here and chat, can't believe I haven't posted since last February. This will be my and DD11 third Disney cruise and DH's second. We're spending 5 days before the cruise at WDW and then doing the 3 day after this one. We'll be part of a group of 26, from California, Oregon and Mass. I'm finding that trying to coordinate plans with that many people can be challenging.

So where is everyone staying the night before the cruise? We are staying at the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral. I've learned everything I know about cruising Disney from dismom73 so if anyone has any questions she should be able to help, guess I should have asked first before I volunteered your services huh Andrea?

Although I hate to do it I guess it's time to say goodbye to my weekend and hello to a new work week...good night everyone. Talk to you soon.

Terri

Hi to all!!
My name is Carlos, I´m Peruvian and I booked this cruise last October. We are a family of 4, my wife, and my kids: a boy(7) and a girl(6). We are very excited about the trip. It’s our first Disney cruise, but my wife and I, made another Bahamas cruise years ago. I’m reading a lot of WebPages and forums about Disney, buy definitely this is the better. I have some questions about the language.
1) Do you know how many passengers that speak Spanish normally are in Disney Cruise? Estimated percentage
2) Do you know how many CM that speaks Spanish? Estimated percentage.
Thanks

Welcome Carlos, and family! I wish a had a better answer for your questions, but I have only been on 7 day cruises, so I'm not sure how the shorter ones are. If I had to guess I would say it's a small percentage of each, maybe less than 10%. One thing you can do for your dining rotation is request a Spanish speaking server, that might make the dining experience more enjoyable for you. :thumbsup2

We just booked and are SO excited for our first time on DCL! At time of sail, our boys will be 4 and one week shy of 3 :) I've read about fish extenders and would love to know of other families on the cruise who are doing this so we can have a little extra fun! And for veteran DCL cruisers/fish extenders, would love your input and advice overall!!

Our boys are devastatingly handsome, have the most affectionate laugh and their wit will stop you dead in your tracks. Our boys also need a little more than most, one is mildly autistic, the other Deaf (he speaks and uses ASL)

Hope to hear from other cruising families and that we can 'extend' a little fishy fun!

The Soxman Family
Disney Dream, Oct 2-6 Bahamas

Welcome aboard, Mythicalbee!

Fish Extenders are a lot of fun. Your kids will love it... My mother and I are bringing my two nieces (5 and 3 at sailing). It will be their first cruise. Our first trip on the Dream, but we have both done the Magic and Wonder a number of times. Happy to answer any questions you may have!

Hi all. Everyone getting excited! I know we all are! Just less then 6 months away.

Quick question: Are we doing the fish extender with the other meet thread, the b2b cruisers on our cruise? Or just whoever applies to the cruise Oct 2-6?

Hi all. Everyone getting excited! I know we all are! Just less then 6 months away.

Quick question: Are we doing the fish extender with the other meet thread, the b2b cruisers on our cruise? Or just whoever applies to the cruise Oct 2-6?

I am good either way.

Welcome aboard, Mythicalbee!

Fish Extenders are a lot of fun. Your kids will love it... My mother and I are bringing my two nieces (5 and 3 at sailing). It will be their first cruise. Our first trip on the Dream, but we have both done the Magic and Wonder a number of times. Happy to answer any questions you may have!
Thanks for the welcome! I've been 'researching' fish extenders online, and it seems that the only limit is our imagination!!! Do you know of some basic guidelines to use for size (width and length)? I sew, and would love to make it instead of buying one :) I've also been reading a lot about how to 'adhere' the extender to the door, but doesn't it just hang from the fish? Can you tell me what significance magnets have in all of this -- seems like people trade them? Also, what are some good treats to make or get for the kids? Thank you for your help, we want to make this the best experience ever!!!

Is there a time when FE's are finalized? I want to make sure I have enough time to sew, and have seen incredible numbers out there, like over 100 FE gifts for trips!!!

Please add us to the FE and meet group:
Brian and Brooke (Dad and Mom)
Troy (4 1/2) and Fritz (one week shy of 3) at time of cruise
We're in room 10026!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter