10/19/2013 An Eastern Fantasy

PaDisneyCouple

DIS Veteran
I don't see a thread for this one yet. We rebooked this cruise while on our Dream 4 night the other week. Anybody else in?

Now to think of a catchy name. Oh, the pressure...

Thinking about booking this cruise on our cruise we go on in 90 days!!!!:thumbsup2

Funny is i had started a thread for this BUT NEVER asked for it to be added to the list because we decided to do 2/25/11 first instead.
And i didnt want to start it and have to change.

So glad to see its you guys who have restarted the thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2821189
Nice to see you!!!!

Thinking about booking this cruise on our cruise we go on in 90 days!!!!:thumbsup2

Funny is i had started a thread for this BUT NEVER asked for it to be added to the list because we decided to do 2/25/11 first instead.
And i didnt want to start it and have to change.

So glad to see it is you guys who have restarted this meet thread!!! YIPEE!!!

http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2821189
Nice to see you!!!!

That would be great! It would be nice to sail with you again.

We felt we got a good deal on the cruise by rebooking onboard: 10% discount, $200 DCL obc, and a small obc from our TA. Every little bit helps.

Our meet group for My Feb cruise is not so talkative so i am just in the process of coming up with a name for that one...

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE!!!!:rotfl2:

Hopefully....we will get some good deals also when we rebook on board!!!

How was your Thanksgiving? I had to work evening shift, while Chris went to see family in Philly. My parents came down, and are here. Mom is learning the internet a little at a time, with my help.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Just booked this cruise last night! It will be our 2nd Disney cruise, though they couldn't be more different. The first was just the two of us in 2005. For this one we will have our son who will be almost 4, daughter (due Christmas) who will be almost 2, and my parents. It's a long way off but fun to start planning already!

:wave: We're booked as of now! We booked a dummy date while on board back in June and then changed to this date as soon as they were opened. We have relied solely on when we "think" our fall break will be. If we're wrong, I'm sure we'll have to cancel. FINGERS CROSSED!

Cabin #1 - Me, DH, DS(9), DD(4)
Cabin #2 - My Mom and Stepdad
Cabin #3 - My sister, her husband, daughter(10), and son(7)
*current ages (too much math!)

We too rebooked on our Oct 23rd-4 day dream.

Currently it is:
Cabin 1: Me, DH, DD-10, DD-7 (at cruise time)
Cabin 2: My parents

My kids LOVED the FE on our last cruise so once we get more people on the thread we will need to see if there is interest. We had over 40 cabins on our Oct trip, the kids were always emptying the pockets. My DD5 got herself locked out of the room by "sneaking" out to see if she got anything new. Scared her to death...

We jusst booked this cruise this morning. I am so excited only 660 days to go!!! Its for my daughters 14th b-day but I think I am more excited than she is...LOL

We have booked an Oversized balcony on the aft!!!! 10158

We jusst booked this cruise this morning. I am so excited only 660 days to go!!! Its for my daughters 14th b-day but I think I am more excited than she is...LOL

We have booked an Oversized balcony on the aft!!!! 10158

You came over to visit! Yea!!!

660 days seems like a lot but we will have fun counting down. My kids already talk about it non stop. I am now using it as punishment...You don't get along...I can't take you on the ship! ...I know, mean mom!

You came over to visit! Yea!!!

660 days seems like a lot but we will have fun counting down. My kids already talk about it non stop. I am now using it as punishment...You don't get along...I can't take you on the ship! ...I know, mean mom!

Too funny...LOL How dod you get that neat countdown clock?

also what is a FE or EF? or what ever it is?...lol

It will be me my DH and DD who will be 14 at the time of the cruise this is her 14th B-day gift as she turns 14 on Oct 16 and the cruise is Oct 19th!!

This will more than likely be the last cruise for a while during school times...

FE........

You can probally find alot of info out there on the boards.

There is a HUGE thread about it...

BUT BASICALLY.......
It is a fun game gift giving event that dissers do on the ship.
Outside of each door (i suppose it is the same on the fantasy and the dream)
is a decorative fish, where you could receive "mail" from various areas of the ship....Like an invitation to the kids to join something in the kids club.

On this FISH we dissers hang what we call a FISH EXTENDER, it is a sort of mail box extender, most people use a long piece of fabric with various pockets in them ( yet i have seen other things used, such as purses back packs, plastic pumpkin heads,stocking etc.)

On any given day...either arranged by the FE coordinator or otherwise, dissers deliver a small gift or token to each room involved in the FE event.
These gifts can be of any function, idea, or thought....such as, removable tatoos, bubble gum, rubber duckies, cd, moon pie, small bottles of alchohol, bandaids, bandanas, candy....you name it.

Lots of people will either give soemthing with a date of cruise on it, homemade or otherwise, or maybe with their name on it, or from their hometown, or from somewhere the cruise has gone.

FE........

You can probally find alot of info out there on the boards.

There is a HUGE thread about it...

BUT BASICALLY.......
It is a fun game gift giving event that dissers do on the ship.
Outside of each door (i suppose it is the same on the fantasy and the dream)
is a decorative fish, where you could receive "mail" from various areas of the ship....Like an invitation to the kids to join something in the kids club.

On this FISH we dissers hang what we call a FISH EXTENDER, it is a sort of mail box extender, most people use a long piece of fabric with various pockets in them ( yet i have seen other things used, such as purses back packs, plastic pumpkin heads,stocking etc.)

On any given day...either arranged by the FE coordinator or otherwise, dissers deliver a small gift or token to each room involved in the FE event.
These gifts can be of any function, idea, or thought....such as, removable tatoos, bubble gum, rubber duckies, cd, moon pie, small bottles of alchohol, bandaids, bandanas, candy....you name it.

Lots of people will either give soemthing with a date of cruise on it, homemade or otherwise, or maybe with their name on it, or from their hometown, or from somewhere the cruise has gone.

That is really a cool idea...We would be interested in doing it as well for the cruise.

Ticker Ques-
I am probably not the person to ask since it takes me forever to do one. I just find someone who has one and double click on it. It will usually bring you to the site they created theirs on. It then allows you to customize on for yourself.

Here is where I get lost...you then need to (will be back - need to do it) Okay back... click on User CP on top, click on Edit signature, and then cut and past from the site your created the ticker...use the url link if it gives you options. Preview and save. It may take a little tweeking but you will get it from there. I am not the most computer savy individual.

As for your FE question. On our last cruise we had 35 cabins, it was a lot of delivering but the kids had so much fun giving and getting. We gave a survival bag that had highlighters, rubber bands, bandaids, safety pins etc...and my husband added two small bottles of rum and vodka, stating that was for the guys. I learned a lot about the ship and met many people why we delivered. It did take up an extra suitcase but like I said it was worth all the work. The kids loved the magnets, coloring things and homemade tablets! - well, they loved everything. But some people were just so creative.

We delivered when ever we wanted, no set rules. Most people were done at the end of day two for the 4 day cruise but there were some straglers at the last minute. Go on to etsy.com to get an idea of what the FE look like, there are people there who make and customize them.

Hello we are also sailing we are doing another B2B this 1 and the cruise before :banana: this will be our second B2B done one Oct past on the Magic which was fantastic but we are keeping our fingers crossed for better weather :thumbsup2 Sailing with me will be my DH, DD16, DD14, & DD11 (age time of cruise)
Im also going to try and get a ticker sorted will try the link later. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter