10/17/2010 Wonder Cruise

We've had our cabin a while. We're in Cat 11 cabin 6011. It's one of the sideways rooms.

I'm not sure how to answer about the meeting. Since this is our first cruise, we'll be bouncing off the walls trying to figure stuff out. I have no idea about our schedule.

lds...I wish we would have bought the fish extender on ebay. That's what I wanted to do, but Selena wants to do one herself. We can't sew. She did find a hanging thing she's going to use. It looks like a good beginning though.

Boarding day is always busy! So I am not thinking of a long or drawn out meeting! More of a stop in and say hi (and update your stateroom # if necessary). The Promendade Lounge is very centrally located and easy to find.

The response has been pretty positive so I think I will plan on being in the Promonade Lounge from 3:00-3:30 on boarding day. If you have time to chat please plan to stay for a few minutes. But if you are busy with other boarding day activities please just swing by to grab a final copy of the FE list!

I see stateroom numbers are starting to show up! Those that have been posted on the thread I will add to our master list on page 4. If you haven't posted yours, please do! If you would rather not post your stateroom number please PM me and I will add it to our private list only.

Hello Everyone!!

Nice to know there will be some very wonderful people on our cruise. This is my first time posting on the boards, but I will admit I have been a long time lurker of information on here. This will be my 2nd cruise on DCL. My family loved our first cruise, Aug 2009. My daughter and fiancee loved it so much they decided to get married at Castaway Cay (whole reason for this cruise). We have been busy planning and organizing for that. I needed to take time away from that to see what else was up. It sounds like everyone is ready to have fun. I know this is late notice but I think it would be great fun to participate in the FE. I know it would be fun for my dd16 and neice (also 16). If not too late, we would like to be included! Thanks Much!!:woohoo:

Hello Everyone!!

Nice to know there will be some very wonderful people on our cruise. This is my first time posting on the boards, but I will admit I have been a long time lurker of information on here. This will be my 2nd cruise on DCL. My family loved our first cruise, Aug 2009. My daughter and fiancee loved it so much they decided to get married at Castaway Cay (whole reason for this cruise). We have been busy planning and organizing for that. I needed to take time away from that to see what else was up. It sounds like everyone is ready to have fun. I know this is late notice but I think it would be great fun to participate in the FE. I know it would be fun for my dd16 and neice (also 16). If not too late, we would like to be included! Thanks Much!!:woohoo:

Hi, Bronzalyn!!

Welcome to our group!! And congrats on your first post!!! How exciting to be planning a wedding on Castaway Cay! What a dream come true! You will have to share some details with us!

It's not too late to join the FE! The more the merrier! Please just send me the following information (either post here or PM--actually, you don't have enough posts yet for a PM so please just post what you are comfortable with):
first names
ages of kids
where you are from
stateroom number
pre-cruise plans
post-cruise plans

Once I have your information I will get you added to the official list on page 4!!

WELCOME!!:goodvibes

Lornak, thanks for all the work you have put into organizing the FE. It is much appreciated. I am not at all "crafty" but have just finished all three of my groups FEs and think they will be okay. They will not win any prizes like the nice ones on ebay but I made them with stuff I already had so the price was better.

I think you are correct that we need to have a cut off date for joining and the 15th of September seems fine for that.

I am a little bummed :sad1:that I was not able to get the Palo brunch reservations that I wanted but life goes on.

Lornak, thanks for all the work you have put into organizing the FE. It is much appreciated. I am not at all "crafty" but have just finished all three of my groups FEs and think they will be okay. They will not win any prizes like the nice ones on ebay but I made them with stuff I already had so the price was better.

I think you are correct that we need to have a cut off date for joining and the 15th of September seems fine for that.

I am a little bummed :sad1:that I was not able to get the Palo brunch reservations that I wanted but life goes on.

Yes thank you for your orginazation. Even though I will not be doing the FE it is nice to see someone take the helm. In a different question, what were you hoping for Palo brunch? I looked like two days ago to see if they had a later time than what I got. All they had was the sane time.

Well I thought I had sent a post but I don't see it so if you see this 2 times...sorry!
I totally forgot to include our names!
DH-Brian
me- Christina
4 yr DD-Ella
1 yr DD-Eva

We are in cabin #7543

That meeting time and place is fine with me!!

We are getting super excited!!!
I have been finding great girl stuff for FE (prob b.c I have DDs) but struggling for boys! We are crazy busy here getting FE stuff together all while planning DDs 1st bday...Minnie style :)

A couple people have asked me about a DIS meet up for our sailing. I'm wondering if people are interested in this? I would like to at least set up a quick meeting time on boarding day so we can update the FE (in case people have last minute stateroom changes or get an upgrade, etc). I would like to suggest 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge on day of embarkation. It would just be a quick meeting to say hello to everyone and to give out the final FE list. Please let me know what you think about that....!

I think that would be brilliant idea, and the timing is probably a lot better than anything after we set sail:cheer2: Count us in!!

Thanks Lornak!

Time is flying by and we will all be enjoying that cruise before we know it. I am excited to be going again and excited to share the experience with family members whom have never cruised before. A wedding and a cruise...what could be more fun? It will be an excellent time! On the planning aspect I wish there were a few more weeks just too make sure the kinks are worked out. I am glad to have the opportunity to get to know others that will be on our cruise.

I have the information for my cabin:

1 adult(Melissa)
2 teens (Brianna and Kimberleigh) both 16
North Dakota
Cabin 6639
Pre-1 night at Cocoa Beach
FamilyMoon (haha....love the term) 4 days AllStar Movies

Hi all!

Looks like we're going to be "Squeekers". We're booking this today with Florida Resident rates. This will be our 5th cruise on the Wonder. We're booking a Cat 6. Looks like we'll have friends in line for Palo on the boat, we'll see what we get- would love brunch and dinner on pirate night. We've had good luck in the past!

Also looking forward to a couple nice evenings in Cadillac's.

Would love to join FE group if still available.

2 Adults (Lori and Rick)
from Orlando, FL (moved from New Orleans, LA earlier this year)
Room number to follow when we get confirmation.

PS- with the FE's- we're doing the Dec Podcast cruise on 12/12/10.....already the FE list is 92 cabins!:eek:

Welcome TheBeadPirate, I cannot imagine a 92 cabin FE. According to my spreadsheet, with you, we have 18 cabins broken down into 32 adults, 2 teens, 10 girls, 2 boys and 2 infants (under 2). Because I am a little OCD, I also have a ship diagram that I am plotting the cabin numbers on so I can plan a delivery route.

Welcome TheBeadPirate, I cannot imagine a 92 cabin FE. According to my spreadsheet, with you, we have 18 cabins broken down into 32 adults, 2 teens, 10 girls, 2 boys and 2 infants (under 2). Because I am a little OCD, I also have a ship diagram that I am plotting the cabin numbers on so I can plan a delivery route.

Thanks Tiggerish. Our first cruise last May had 74 cabins, but the most recent one we were on there were only 6 cabins including us....each group is different.:thumbsup2

I'm not quite to your degree of OCD but I usually have labelled bags by cabin number sorted into larger Ziplocks by deck. That way if we have a little time to kill before dinner or show, whatever, we can grab a bag and deliver some. We find that easier (and more fun cause it's spread out more timewise) than doing it all at once.

Hey Tiggerish.

Care to share the boat diagram? Since this is my first time on the ship (or cruising), that would be a big help for me. Also, my numbers must be off. With them, I do have 32 adults on my SS, but your stating 16 children, and I have 17. I'll double check mine to see.

Hey Tiggerish.

Care to share the boat diagram? Since this is my first time on the ship (or cruising), that would be a big help for me. Also, my numbers must be off. With them, I do have 32 adults on my SS, but your stating 16 children, and I have 17. I'll double check mine to see.

LOL. Nevermind the formula. I figured it out. I gave myself one extra child. I'm not going to make that mistake again. :thumbsup2

Oh, I am just going to cry! It IS available! I just checked online. But they don't show it on the DCL discount page, so I never knew. :sad1: I could get a Cat 4 for just $90 more than we're paying for our Cat 10! Oh, why, oh, why did I go thru a TA for this?! I NEVER use a TA! :confused3

Does your TA work for an agency? If yes, you call could the agency, demand to speak to the boss agent and get them to get you what you want. Also my TA checks her emails, even on vacations, so you could try sending an email marked urgent. Do not give up. There is always a way. I believe in your creativity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter