10-14-2006 Cruisetoberfest IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Danielle and family! If this is your first cruise you're going to have a fabulous time...and you picked a great bunch of people to sail with! Don't worry about trying to do it all - it's just about impossible to try everything so just pick out what you want to do most and enjoy them to the fullest. You'll have such a good time, you'll be anxious to book another cruise and then you can do all the stuff you missed. I've been on 4 Disney cruises and there are still lots of things I haven't done but I always have a blast!

:wave: Welcome Danielle and family. Looking forward to more posts from you. This is our second DCL cruise, but the first with this group.

Went to the Dolphin Discovery site today, didn't get a chance to call them.
Their site states they are accepting reservations, but charge a percentage (I think 2.9%) on refunds. Doesn't seem right to me. Definitely a telephone call is in order before I book.

Welcome Danielle and family. As others have mentioned you are traveling with a great group of people.

Yea, Carlos and Charlie is reopened. However, if we have to tender in that may restrict my time at C&C, as I don't want to miss the last tender. I also talked to someone at the gym who just was at Cozumel. He said that the dock is the main thing that still needs to be completed in the downtown area. Has Disney returned there at all yet?

Have a great day everyone.

Nancy

WELCOME to Danielle and her family!

this also puts on back on page one!

Less then 200 days now!! Our countdown started at nearly 700 days, so we've come a long way baby! :cool1:

:) News about Dolphin Discovery!

~ They will have a grand opening on June 30, 2006 and start taking reservations on July 1, 2006.

:confused3 Sorry ~ hit a wrong key before I was finished posting.

Dolphin Discovery info ~ you get a full refund if your cruise is diverted from arriving at Cozumel. The ship will provide a verification letter which you forward to DD for your refund.

~ If you book and change your mind, you will get a refund minus a 2.17% handling fee if you notify DD at least 7 days in advance.

~ You need to check-in at DD at least 30 minutes before your scheduled reservation time.

~ The government is talking about raising the Chankanaab Nat'l. Park entrance fee where DD is located. Right now fee is $12 per adult and $6 from 3 to 6 years.

~ Payment by credit card is due when you make your reservation.

That's it in a nut shell. :wave2:

:thumbsup2 Michele ~ I like your count down in days much better than the months then days. Makes is seem closer somehow. :rotfl2:

Danielle -- The Passporter people have their own website (www.passporter.com) and you can order their DCL guide online, or I guess you can probably find it at a bookstore, too. I ordered my online and it is really great. Covers just about any question you might have and those that you haven't thought of yet.

Jean

Morning everyone. Took the day off since it is going to be a great day with temps in the 70's. Hope to get some outside work done.

Have a great weekend.

Nancy

Plus went to the gym for 2 hours this morning. Now the big test will be to see if I do get anything done around the house.

Nancy

No workout for me today. I did something to my knee last week and it's getting worse instead of better. Yesterday I only lasted 8 minutes in spinning class....the first time I stood on the bike, it was a major ouch! After that, it didn't feel right even in the saddle. Then I came home and decided I could still play golf. Well, I developed a very bad bleeding blister (probably because I was favoring one leg) and had to quit after just several holes. Then my new golf cart broke on the walk back! So I went home and had a pity party all by myself. Getting old really stinks! I didn't want to deal with any of that today so I'm staying in and trying to get other stuff done.

Hugs Jeanneg :grouphug:
I've done nothing today - even been for a nap this afternoon! Must be getting old!! Off school until 18th April and will start doing schoolwork on Monday.
Wendy

Wendy, Hope you enjoy your time off. Any big plans?
Nancy, wow it's 12:30 and I am just dragging myself out of bed to go to gym and work. Guess you guys now know who won't be making it to breakfast on the cruise...
Thanks for info on dolphins. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Off to burn some fat for our Miami vacation...
Rachel

Rachel
No big plans - spending a month in USA in July and then 2 weeks in Oct so cannot afford another vacation! Planning to do a lot of my project for my course but I've made a promise to take a couple of days off and not start till Monday. Sad when it takes a pupil to make you take a break - I nagged at him so much to take a break that he made me do the same!
Wendy

Had an exciting day after work yesterday. Cleaned leaves and spiky seeds from our tree, out of the gutters. Then installed gutter screens in the hopes of not having to handle this job again. :thumbsup2

Taking us back to page 1.

:sunny: Where is the sun????? Not in central PA ~ it's gray and rainy.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter