10-14-2006 Cruisetoberfest IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. We were at WDW Dec 4th-10th. It was kind of an impromptu trip, Disney sure is smart- they sent me an email with a room rate I could not pass up and it had been a little over a year since our last vacation there. It was our first trip around Christmas and boy were we blown away--I'm not sure I will ever want to go any other time of the year again (unless I can take two trips). We went the previous September, first time to WDW for the boyfriend since he was a little kid and the first cruise for both of us. Unfortunately our four day became a 3 day cruise bc of hurricanes, but DCL sure made up for it. We got 40% back on the cruise and they bent over backwards to accomadate everyone and transport us to and from the changed port and back to the resorts at no charge. They also gave us a discounted rate for the extra day we had to spend at the resort and moved our luggage for us (we had to move rooms because the one we were in originally was under flood watch bc of storm). We were so impressed with the way everything was handled, and can't wait to spend a full 7 days on DCL. Sure looks like we will have some great shipmates too.

Hi all! We hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas! Happy Birthday Kim... I hope you have a stellar day!

aynastasia said:
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. We were at WDW Dec 4th-10th. It was kind of an impromptu trip, Disney sure is smart- they sent me an email with a room rate I could not pass up and it had been a little over a year since our last vacation there. It was our first trip around Christmas and boy were we blown away--I'm not sure I will ever want to go any other time of the year again (unless I can take two trips). We went the previous September, first time to WDW for the boyfriend since he was a little kid and the first cruise for both of us. Unfortunately our four day became a 3 day cruise bc of hurricanes, but DCL sure made up for it. We got 40% back on the cruise and they bent over backwards to accomadate everyone and transport us to and from the changed port and back to the resorts at no charge. They also gave us a discounted rate for the extra day we had to spend at the resort and moved our luggage for us (we had to move rooms because the one we were in originally was under flood watch bc of storm). We were so impressed with the way everything was handled, and can't wait to spend a full 7 days on DCL. Sure looks like we will have some great shipmates too.

Wow to bad you could have met a bunch of us in early December at the world !! :wizard:

Aynastasia--Yep, I was one of those that was there when you were. DH and I went from 12/7-12/14 it was the 4th year in a row we went in Dec to experience all the Christmas magic. Did you get to go to CP which is my favorite? Looks like Disney treated you very well on your shortened cruise, just to warn you that once you try the 7 day you may never want to go back to a 3 or 4 day cruise.

Nancy

Hi everyone :wave2: My DH and I will be joining you and can't wait!!!
This will be our fourth disney cruise, the DD will not be joining us. She will be starting her freshman year in college. Our last cruise was Sept 2 eastern.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Sally and Peter :sunny:

WELCOME SALLY AND PETER

You will be cruising with a great group of people. There are a number of empty nesters on this cruise.

Nancy

Welcome to all the new cruisers! This is our second Cruisetoberfest and you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people to cruise with!

padisneyfan said:
WELCOME SALLY AND PETER

You will be cruising with a great group of people. There are a number of empty nesters on this cruise.

Nancy
What she said.. bump from page 2

Welcome Sally and Peter!!!!! You've chosen a great bunch of people to cruise with. We too are empty nesters, as are several others.

my NY resolution was to stop lurking and join in the fun soo here we are. MY DH and I will be on this cruise and it sounds like fun. No kiddies yet but 2 cats who are not into cruising Bonnie and Kicker because we found her abandoned at a socer game.

hope everyone had a good new years and a good 2006. Julie and Andy

Welcome to all the new comers. Haven't posted in a while. Was busy with the holidays and work (yucky). :goodvibes

We were at Disney from Dec 3-8th so we overlapped as well. We'd never been there at that time of year and it was wonderful. Would love to go back and will have to see about arranging it with work even though it's a really busy time at work. Might try to go next year between Christmas and New Years - yup know it's crowded but away from here would be great.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Fiona

pringles1776 said:
my NY resolution was to stop lurking and join in the fun soo here we are. MY DH and I will be on this cruise and it sounds like fun. No kiddies yet but 2 cats who are not into cruising Bonnie and Kicker because we found her abandoned at a socer game.

hope everyone had a good new years and a good 2006. Julie and Andy

Welcome Pringles , we are not on the cruise but have met this crowd before and find them to our liking... LOL :wizard: :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter