10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Any other crazy people thinking of park hopping? I am on a very short weekend trip and am thinking of heading over to AK midday space permitting to catch Kitetails and see FOTLK but being back by 5pm. I figure this is “safe” because I have a MK park reservation. Also, any predictions for how they will handle people wanting to hop TO mk on the 1st?
You’re not alone! Was thinking of hopping to AK just to ride Everest since I heard it’s going down for refurb and we don’t have a day at AK. In the same boat just there for the weekend. We are also switching from poly to beach club that day so we might hop to another park on our way there also.

We have basically same plan. Walking over from BLT, resort guests are let in at 7:30 for 8am opening. We have CRT at 8:15 as well and hoping we will be done in time to catch some stuff.
I'd like to grab some merch, but I did grab some when first released. (AP shirt, blue shirt and I got the 50th MBs ordered last week.) Just incase lol
I turned 50 in March, so I'm gobbling up what I can-only turn 50 once the same year as WDW. :)
We’re doing a quick trip down for the anniversary, in part, to celebrate my 50th (September) and DD’s 15th which is on 10/1. It’s a surprise trip for DD, squeezing in one more use out of our APs.

Anybody have a guess at all?

"So IF they have special October 1st specific merch, where would that normally be? Just randomly in the Emporium, or in a specific spot in the store? In a different place all together?"

Anybody have a guess at all?

"So IF they have special October 1st specific merch, where would that normally be? Just randomly in the Emporium, or in a specific spot in the store? In a different place all together?"
I wish they would space it all over the park. Who wants to wait in a multi hour line for anything.

Could it be possible Disney won’t let people camp out?
What about security? Is that at the TTC? The path to MK closes from the GF overnight, I thought…And CR has security on the path from the resort to MK…when does that open?

if you do not have a res /adr at a resort, you can’t get past security Into the resorts lot…where would an Uber driver drop you off?

I do not know the answers to these Qs…I am curious how people are planning on getting there before buses cars etc are allowed in the lots Or before monorails start moving…

is it right to assume someone with an ADR for early breakfast in MK would get a jump on all of that, even someone arriving at 3 AM? I think Disney has some sort of early breakfast early entry lane?

if there is something I am not thinking of, please let me know..I just do not know how people will be able to get to the gates before security opens and the first transports leave from the TTC.

are you planning on just hanging out at the TTC for the first wave of transportation? Or finding a way to get to the CR walking path?

Im planning on going to the Contemporary or the GF and using the walking path as soon as it opens up. Been to Disney multiple this year and for Ubers?Taxi I have never even been stopped at the gate. Even so I would when the Uber or Taxi would turn around to leave I would just get out then. Not like im going into the resort. Worse comes to worse I slip the Uber a 20 to drop me off outside of the resort.

We just got our 50th Anniversary Magic Bands in the mail today, so excited!

How to get to MK on 10/1 is already making me anxious. I like the idea of taking an Uber to the Contemporary, but would hate to get rejected and have to go back to my resort. I know that you might be able to just jump out if you have to turn around, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are road closures/restrictions since traffic to the Contemporary could affect the WDW buses dropping off at MK, depending on what time it is.

Note folks - The Wave Replacement Steakhouse 71 opens for ADRs on Sept 16. Even if you don't want to go there - it might free up a bunch of ADRs from MK as people move there. (I for one will be doing that if I can get a Steakhouse 71 ADR).

How to get to MK on 10/1 is already making me anxious. I like the idea of taking an Uber to the Contemporary, but would hate to get rejected and have to go back to my resort. I know that you might be able to just jump out if you have to turn around, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are road closures/restrictions since traffic to the Contemporary could affect the WDW buses dropping off at MK, depending on what time it is.
I have read very firm reports that they are NOT letting people do this. Ubers have to drop off a the TTC for folks who want to go to a monorail resort without a reservation.

YES YES YES!!! Been hoping and hoping for this!

Man, I hope they do it for 10/1 and I can be one of the lucky few to get a ticket. Would be so awesome to take the stress out of getting a good spot.

They are allowing resort guests in at 7:30am. The park opens at 8. What time would the ceremony be? We are staying at GF - don't want to miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter