10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Same here, but I made it for that time because it was all that was available for a dinner time. There are only 2 of us and I have no intension of staking out a great spot way ahead of time- I just want a decent spot! But I’m still thinking 7:45 is too late to have an ADR. I just hate to cancel, because then we give up pretty much all chance of a sit down dinner. I don’t care about that really, I just care about a break and some calm. I wonder about just a drink and an app, as long as we tip really well?! Probably still too late?
You can have a drink and an app and tip normallly. If you stay an extra half hour etc, I would accommodate tip for that. As soon as you leave, someone else will sit down and order. Two apps and two cocktails anywhere in Disney is about $60? (plus tax and tip) I mean it's not a WaWa hot dog and Slurpee for $1.99.

Finally able to get off part of the day on 9/30 and changed our flight coming in to that night! I was just so scared of our flight that was 10/1 and didn’t land until 12, of not being able to get in(even though we have a park reservation for that day), or all the merchandise gone when we get there! So now, we can get up early and go:love:

Finally able to get off part of the day on 9/30 and changed our flight coming in to that night! I was just so scared of our flight that was 10/1 and didn’t land until 12, of not being able to get in(even though we have a park reservation for that day), or all the merchandise gone when we get there! So now, we can get up early and go:love:
With as bad as airlines have been - smart move!

You can have a drink and an app and tip normallly. If you stay an extra half hour etc, I would accommodate tip for that. As soon as you leave, someone else will sit down and order. Two apps and two cocktails anywhere in Disney is about $60? (plus tax and tip) I mean it's not a WaWa hot dog and Slurpee for $1.99.
I know I can, I just can’t help but feel bad. However, you are correct, drinks and apps in the MK will be more than an entire meal at home haha. I just worry about the time. If we went a little early and we’re lucky enough to get seated prior to 7:45, and asked for our bill with our food/drinks, do you think 2 people who don’t need prime spots but would like to actually see the new show would be able to?

I will keep trying for different times, but I think that’s very unlikely given that everyone and their brother are posting online about wanting ADRs for that day!

I know I can, I just can’t help but feel bad. However, you are correct, drinks and apps in the MK will be more than an entire meal at home haha. I just worry about the time. If we went a little early and we’re lucky enough to get seated prior to 7:45, and asked for our bill with our food/drinks, do you think 2 people who don’t need prime spots but would like to actually see the new show would be able to?

I will keep trying for different times, but I think that’s very unlikely given that everyone and their brother are posting online about wanting ADRs for that day!
Where are you dining? Are you planning to watch fireworks from your dining location or inside the parks?

As for feeling 'bad', it is a business transaction. The servers are told to get you in and out quickly. I don't think they slow down because they feel bad that they are rushing you. You go, you eat, you tip what you think is fair. Don't ruin your meal with worrying about what the servers are thinking of you.

We’re 7:45 at LTT. I’ll try and go early and order fast and also ask for the bill right away.
Theoretically I’d like to see the show from Main St where I can see the projections on the storefronts, but I love watching fireworks from behind the castle too. So I will just play it by ear.

Ok
Where are you dining? Are you planning to watch fireworks from your dining location or inside the parks?

As for feeling 'bad', it is a business transaction. The servers are told to get you in and out quickly. I don't think they slow down because they feel bad that they are rushing you. You go, you eat, you tip what you think is fair. Don't ruin your meal with worrying about what the servers are thinking of you.
oh I know I shouldn’t worry about what we order etc… I just like to tip well when I’m at WDW on vacation and they are doing work that I’m very glad I don’t have to be doing (as long as they are pleasant and do a good job) 🤷‍♀️. Our ADR is at skipper Canteen at 7:45, and we’ll watch from the park.

It's looking like there have already been some cancellations for that weekend based on resort availability. Now I'm debating whether or not to change my AoA reservation (LM room) to Boardwalk. Decisions, decisions! I can afford it, but not sure if I want to. Never stayed at BW before.

Our ADR is at skipper Canteen at 7:45, and we’ll watch from the park.

With apps only it should be fast, however we have waited on line (for the restaurant) before being able to get seated for our ADR, so that may be a possible delay. Otherwise I'd just walk out when I'm done and look for any available viewing space. It will definitely be crowded on 10/1 and I wouldn't expect to get the 'best' viewing point no matter what time I lined up. Alternate viewing spots (such as behind the castle by Pooh) may be your best bet on a night like this (or somewhere in Adventureland since that is where you will be- I expect gridlock.)

There are lots of maps around that show various fireworks viewing spots that are not on Main St.

Last edited:
It's looking like there have already been some cancellations for that weekend based on resort availability. Now I'm debating whether or not to change my AoA reservation (LM room) to Boardwalk. Decisions, decisions! I can afford it, but not sure if I want to. Never stayed at BW before.
Being able to walk to Epcot/WS and DHS = priceless.

We have been trying to get an ADR for MK since our window opened, no luck.…
I’ve got Kona Cafe at 7:50am (staying at the Poly), Jungle Skipper Canteen at 2:15pm and Liberty Tree at 7:10pm. I normally would never do 3 ADRs in a day, but I know I’ll need the lunch and dinner breaks just to sit down and unwind on a busy park day like this (the last time I did a 3-ADR day was NYE at Epcot a few years back).

I’m still hopeful that some of the in-park breakfast spots will open for ADRs before Oct. 1, but it’s looking unlikely.

I’ve got Kona Cafe at 7:50am (staying at the Poly), Jungle Skipper Canteen at 2:15pm and Liberty Tree at 7:10pm. I normally would never do 3 ADRs in a day, but I know I’ll need the lunch and dinner breaks just to sit down and unwind on a busy park day like this (the last time I did a 3-ADR day was NYE at Epcot a few years back).

I’m still hopeful that some of the in-park breakfast spots will open for ADRs before Oct. 1, but it’s looking unlikely.
I have Crystal Palace at 2 PM and Skipper Canteen at 4:55 PM and I'm considering keeping both just to have somewhere to take a break!

I have Crystal Palace at 2 PM and Skipper Canteen at 4:55 PM and I'm considering keeping both just to have somewhere to take a break!
I am thinking that I will most definitely take a break by leaving the parks. It is going to be SO crowded. I've tried to do the all day thing on NYE and it is really hard. Some people can do it, but not me. If I can't get back in afterwards, oh well.

Wow, can't believe I just got 4 reservations at MK for 10/1. I see dining is all gone, but I think we will just bring water/snacks and chill for the most part this day anyway, maybe do counter service at like 1030 and again at 0300 to try and avoid crowds. Wasnt ready to actually get spots, now have some planning to do.

Is there a thread for cancelled ADR’s? Just in case people do end up canceling one? Or should we post them here?

I couldn’t get an ADR for lunch around MK on Oct 1, so we are going over to Olivia’s Cafe for a break from the park.

On the 2nd I lucked into a CG ADR for dinner. That will be a nice way to watch the new Fireworks.

I have a lunch reservation to whispering canyon on 10/1 and am worried if MK hit capacity due to park hoppers my family will not be able to reenter. Are my worries unfounded or should we cancel our plans and stay in the park?

I have Whispering Canyon for 12:15 hoping to get back to the park before 2 and hoppers are let in (if they are). I wanted out of the park as I expect the restaurants to be rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter