• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$10,000 Double Jackpot Bingo

Otterboybear

Earning My Ears
Just got home from a "Wonder"ful week in Alaska and am surprised that I can find no mention of someone winning the $10,000 Double Jackpot Bingo prize! According to the cruise staff, it was the first time it had ever happened on a Disney Cruise. This wasn't the "snowball" jackpot, but the special jackpot prize. My husband and kids saw it (I was busy learning how to draw Pluto at Animator's Palate).

you would think if it had been won everyone would have been talking about it

Otterboybear said:
Just got home from a "Wonder"ful week in Alaska and am surprised that I can find no mention of someone winning the $10,000 Double Jackpot Bingo prize! According to the cruise staff, it was the first time it had ever happened on a Disney Cruise. This wasn't the "snowball" jackpot, but the special jackpot prize. My husband and kids saw it (I was busy learning how to draw Pluto at Animator's Palate).

Awesome! :) Bet they were thrilled :)

I'm just off the Magic 8 night, and our cruise director mentioned several times about a $10,000 winner on the Wonder that week... I'm sure it upped the bingo sales on our ship !

So some can actually win that? Good to know. :lmao:

I love to gamble and that is a big downside to me with Disney Cruises. But I do get it. It is a family place and there isn't much room for gambling. So, I play Bingo onboard.

I've won twice, and that was great fun.

The lady sitting behind me on my last cruise won the $6k last game of the cruise jackpot. Boy, was she thrilled. She just started crying and it was a wonderful experience.

So.. is this big stakes Bingo?
How much to play? My husband is looking forward to it!
:) Mary

42 days.. :cloud9:

So.. is this big stakes Bingo?
How much to play? My husband is looking forward to it!
:) Mary

42 days.. :cloud9:

I think I paid $65 for four games. There are different levels that you can pay to do, though. They have paper cards and a machine. I prefer the machine because I've never really played bingo before and I am so afraid to make a mistake.

There are four games a session. They do drawings for small gift bags between games and it is a lot of fun in a small amount of time. Some of the gift bag items are DCL Water Bottles, a hat, keychains, and it is usually something that isn't for sale in the stores.

Kid friendly. It is listed as a family event. Kids can play, but an adult must be with them to but actually buy the cards and claim the prize if won.

Thanks! My kids love plaing at Jellystone campgrounds, so we'll have to try it. :)

Not sure you remember us but we went on the same ABD-Wyoming as you. We are meeting some friends we formed from ABD-Wyoming in 2007 on the Wonder Cruise sailing on the Pixar West Coast SF-SD-Mexico cruise in a few weeks. We almost ended up on the Alaska cruise. That would have been interesting. CA here we come...

We were on the cruise directly after yours and the staff kept talking about the giant win. How exciting! I am also surprised that no one has talked more about it on here!

I loved that the bingo was good for families. It made it more fun and less intense than other bingo games with "career players". We never won, but were ALWAYS one away. On every game. And we played at least once every day, often twice. *sad face*

So some can actually win that? Good to know. :lmao:

I love to gamble and that is a big downside to me with Disney Cruises. But I do get it. It is a family place and there isn't much room for gambling. So, I play Bingo onboard.

I've won twice, and that was great fun.

The lady sitting behind me on my last cruise won the $6k last game of the cruise jackpot. Boy, was she thrilled. She just started crying and it was a wonderful experience.

awww
I don't play often because I never win (anything anywhere ever :rolleyes2 ) so it's basically money paid just for the entertainment value. But I get tickled and choked up at the reactions of others winning sometimes. Ofcourse I'd be even more tickled if I won. haha

Clotho don't feel bad- I don't even get close! And last time I played with fiance I didn't get close and he did on every game! telling ya, I have stinky luck LOL

can kids play bingo too or is there an age limit?

Kids can "play" with their parents or someone over 18. But the parent has to be the person to buy the bingo cards and to claim the bingo prize. I guess what I'm trying to say is no a child can not go to the bingo game, buy a card, and win a prize by themselves. Hope this helps :goodvibes

I had the pleasure of winning last bingo on the first day and then....I won the snowball last bingo game of the trip on the Dream in July. I made some great friends in the bingo lounge. Also, I was able to pay cash for everything we did at WDW the following week including a new Dooney for me! It was awesome. That cruise was made a little more sweet!

So...I will be playing again next week on Magic. It is fun if you have a good group and good cruise staff.

Good luck!

They actually had mention of this in the Navigator on our Magic Cruise last week. Something to the effect that it was won on the Wonder recently and would the Magic have the next $10,000 Double Jackpot Bingo winner. ;)

sager1969 said:
I had the pleasure of winning last bingo on the first day and then....I won the snowball last bingo game of the trip on the Dream in July. I made some great friends in the bingo lounge. Also, I was able to pay cash for everything we did at WDW the following week including a new Dooney for me! It was awesome. That cruise was made a little more sweet!

So...I will be playing again next week on Magic. It is fun if you have a good group and good cruise staff.

Good luck!

Sort of like icing on a great cake ;)

On the Wonder last week Deano was talking about how the people that won the $10,000 did it with 1 ball left even...so at the very last MINUTE.. The thing with the 10 grand jackpot is you have to black out a card in 47 calls (I think it was 47) and apparently they did it on the 47th ball called. So the story goes ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter